Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too much CMC

Cloud Runner

I complained about not enough CMC, now I am getting plenty of them. So I am not in any place to complain.

Though I really wish Sweetie Belle wasn't a brat in Whom The Sweetie Belle Tolls. A poor attempt at a conflict created for best pony.

Have you dealt with an inferiority complex before? Let me tell you I have (albeit not with a sibling). I don't really like to talk about it, but it was a very realistic portrayal of how it can mess with someone's mind. Was she being a brat? Yea, you could see it that way, but I personally saw it as a warped mentality. It grates on your sanity until you want to act out. It's the only way a child knows how to deal with the situation, and when they succeed in their endeavor they just feel worse. 

I have a very personal connection to this episode, and it was jarring to see it portrayed in a manner that captured so much of the emotion I felt as a child. I honestly don't think that this was a poor attempt at a conflict. I think that this level of development is pretty much what I wanted from Sweetie Belle...I just didn't expect to see or feel this from the show, but I'm glad I did. You're welcome to your opinion, but these are just my personal feelings about it.

EDIT: I feel like I also need to say this isn't the first episode to do this, but it gave off a different vibe that I haven't felt from the show before.

Edited by DryColt84
  • Brohoof 3

I like CMC episodes. It's like the only time the ponies obsess over flanks.

Diamond and Silver obsessive attention towards girls' blank flanks.

Flank wagging in an odd manner.

Applebloom's constant whining about her flank.

That one scene where Applebloom wags her flank which can give the wrong impression of Apple Bloom offering Zecora an incentive in return for a Cutie Mark.

• Brohoof 1

For every time I saw that a new Cutie Mark Crusader episode was coming out, I thought it was going to be the episode where at least one of them got their cutie marks.

But NOOOOO!!

I have been so psyched for them to get their marks because they have become so much more mature and I feel it's just finally time.

I feel like the show is leading us on at this point and getting us excited.

For every time I saw that a new Cutie Mark Crusader episode was coming out, I thought it was going to be the episode where at least one of them got their cutie marks.

But NOOOOO!!

I have been so psyched for them to get their marks because they have become so much more mature and I feel it's just finally time.

But NOOOOO!!

I agree with you, they need to get their cutie marks. Hasbro could even make money off of it by selling new toys. This needs to happen by the end of the season.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with you, they need to get their cutie marks. Hasbro could even make money off of it by selling new toys. This needs to happen by the end of the season.

I doubt that it will, but I think they're testing the waters with the CMC's episodes this season.

Quite the contrary, I don't think we have had enough CMC episodes, and too many focusing on the mane 6. The sad truth is that the mane 6 have been fleshed out. What's there left to explore? We know all about them, while the CMC are still growing and a continuing curiosity. We are seeing these little fillies becoming characters, having new dimension added to their personalities every new episode. We are watching them grow up. With the CMC, the show will never grow old.

I feel like there's room for an "everyone loses their mind" joker meme here.

I don't mind. There are 23 episodes in a season. Each of the already aired CMC episodes has been spaced out by at least 3 episodes (3 and 9 between the 3 CMC episodes), so I don't see why people have to complain. Flight to the Finish was a very good episode actually (we could use more of those).

And yes, we all can agree that they need to get their cutie marks and just move on with the show, just like they did alicorn Twilight.

I loved flight to the finish and yesterday's episode, but I see you're point and agree with it. I wish they would just give them their damn cutie marks already. I think it's about time they finished up their arc.

Edited by DiamondRumpPony
  • Brohoof 1

Too much CMC? Let's see, we've had Flight to the Finish, Twilight Time, Somepony to Watch Over Me, and For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils. Since most of the 26 episodes this season have been confirmed, it's possible that these four are the only CMC centric episodes, and yet one of them was also an Applejack episode, one was arguably a Twilight episode, etc.

Compared to say, fan favorite season 2, this is actually less focus on the Crusaders. (Sisterhooves Social, The Cutie Pox, Family Appreciation Day, Hearts and Hooves Day, and Ponyville Confidential. A total of five CMC episodes).

I think season 4 has done a great job of balancing character focus. Each of the fillies got an episode of focus to themselves + one group episode with Twilight. I'm not really sure what the complaint is here. I definitely don't feel like the Crusaders are getting too much spotlight, especially since each of their episodes this season involved different Mane Six ponies as well.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

The CMC episodes been my favorite this season so far, wuth the exception of cheesesandwich. It does help scootaloo os ny favorite pony, but still i been loving the cmc episode, they should get a spin off show

There is no such thing like too much CMC after they have been developed to the level that they don't annoy me anymore, and even I really started to like them.
The show is about friendship, not about mane6, although they are still the most important cast in the show, and of course the majority episodes should be about them. And so it is, so far.

I am not sure who decided what the episode airing list was, because it really doesn't even the episodes out throughout the season...

Has anyone else noticed that....the most adventure like episodes were mostly in the beginning of the season....now most of the CMC episodes are airing very close together....AND the Mane 6 episodes as of late were all slice of life episodes???

The CMC are not being over-saturated. It's just poor planning as far as when the episodes were to air within this 26 episode season. If things were spread out more, this season would be a great deal more diverse feeling. BUT, for me, when I get the DVD, I'll mix up my episode viewing just as I do with the other seasons...

• Brohoof 1

I think they could do an episode where the CMC try their hoof at doing a music singing/dancing group. They call themselves, The Flankettes.

Diamond Tiara: *Whistles* I love your blank flanks.

At first I really hated the CMC and cringed when I heard a new one of their episodes were coming out, but lately I've been liking more and more of their episodes. I just hope the writers know when to draw the line, because if they keep spewing out CMC episodes they're gonna make me and pretty much everyone else hate them.

*shrug* I have actually really enjoyed the CMC episodes for the most part. I find their antics rather fun for the most part. How many CMC episodes have we even had counting all the seasons in comparison? I am not sure but I know it's nowhere near as much as the episodes dealing with either one or all of the Mane Six. I'd hazzard a guess that most of those complaining about to many CMC episodes just don't like the CMC to begin with, and thus when a CMC episode comes around they get frustrated it's not dealing with one of the Mane Six.

Let me get this out there and say: I'm not a CMC fan. I love the characters themselves, but... their episodes tend to kinda... suck...

... Really, though, the CMC episodes tend to be darker, more cynical, and have an overall mean-spirited tone the main show wouldn't touch with a levitation spell ten miles away.

At the very least, throw Diamond Tiara out. Maybe then they might be a little better.

AND IF THEY EVER MAKE AN EPISODE WORSE THAN PONYVILLE CONFIDENTIAL ROUTE I SWEAR TO FREAKING CELESTIA THEY WILL RUE THE DAY

AND IF THEY EVER MAKE AN EPISODE WORSE THAN PONYVILLE CONFIDENTIAL ROUTE I SWEAR TO FREAKING CELESTIA THEY WILL RUE THE DAY

Awww.... *Buries muzzle in his copy of the Foal Free Press* :blush:

I went and read your comments; I do agree with your sentiment at least that Diamond Tiara is one of the most one-dimensional characters in the series. She's like a black hole that sucks all the happiness out of Equestria!

• 2 weeks later...

But NOOOOO!!

trollestia.PNG

Diamond Tiara has a thing for flanks.  :comeatus:

I didn't take Diamond Tiara for the type...

Diamond-Tiara-my-little-pony-friendship-

• Brohoof 1