Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too much CMC

Cloud Runner

I officially have had too much of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Tomorrows episode will be the third CMC episode out of the last four episodes, that's too much. I love them and stuff, but I want an episode about one of the mane six.

• Brohoof 2

Damn straight.

Honestly, their episodes kinda suck; I'm just going to put that out there  :wacko: 

Rarity has gotten a lot of development this season, and I'm EXTREMELY happy about that :D

But she could stand to use more episodes, just as all of the mane 6 could (Especially Twilight :D ). I get it; the CMCs are good palette cleansers so it's not just mane 6 all the time, but they've gotten far too many episodes as of late. 

The Mane 6 should have first dibs on episodes and EVERYTHING on the series, and the CMCs need to take a backseat to them anyday; they shouldn't more episodes than a mane 6 member ever.

That's just my take on things, though :D

• Brohoof 2

That's because they're the audience surrogate for the actual demographic the show is aimed towards. Little kids want to see the misadventures of little kids because it more immediately pertains to and engages them.

• Brohoof 7

I remember hearing just the opposite not too long ago. If it's not "too little" as a complaint, then it's "too much".

I've not felt overwhelmed by the CMC at all. They've had three episodes this season, maybe they could have spread them out more, but they didn't. "Somepony" was as much an AJ growth episode as it was a CMC episode anyways.

This season has been all over the place story-wise, very little directly relating to the box arc.

UPDATE:

After finally getting to watch the new episode, I firmly backup my stance on this. These two episodes ("Somepony" and "Sweetie Belle Toils") technically aren't even really CMC episodes in my book anyways. The focus has not been purely on the CMC, but rather the episodes have been about progressing one of the fillies with their big sister. More lesson learning like what the main six did when the show started out, less crusading.

If you don't like the fillies, that's your opinion, but 4 episodes out of 26 is not "too much".

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 9

I kind of agree ^^"

The CMCs have been getting quite a bit of love lately.

We need more Twilight Sparkle love, the truest fact you'll hear all day. ^^

(By the way, the ending of Flight to the Finish was such a troll. </3)

• Brohoof 1

I'd probably say the exact opposite. We've had a lot of episodes this season where the episodes transition from the regular Mane 6 episodes to the Cutie Mark Crusader episodes, a bit all over the place.

Well, they do represent the age group of the fans hasbro is catering to in the show. And I haven't seen many CMC focused episodes this season, as most episodes they are involved in either have one of them as the main focus, and the other two as their only friends being there in a believable fashion, or they are there as a supporting cast trio.

Just when I think you guys have run out of things to complain about, you still surprise me and find something.

Don't worry, there's plenty more minor and meaningless things to get annoyed about.

Edited by Lil' Strapless

There's four episodes this season for the CMC, but I don't see the problem.

Flight to the Finish: Scootaloo focus, CMC and RD support

Twilight Time: CMC focus, Twilight support

Somepony to Watch Over Me: Apple Bloom and AJ focus, CMC support

For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils: Sweetie Belle and Rarity focus, CMC and Luna support

Each individual crusader gets an episode to focus solely on them, plus one as a group. I don't think that these episodes count as "too much."

Also it's the third out of the last five, not four.

Damn straight.

Honestly, their episodes kinda suck; I'm just going to put that out there  :wacko: 

Rarity has gotten a lot of development this season, and I'm EXTREMELY happy about that :D

But she could stand to use more episodes, just as all of the mane 6 could (Especially Twilight :D ). I get it; the CMCs are good palette cleansers so it's not just mane 6 all the time, but they've gotten far too many episodes as of late. 

The Mane 6 should have first dibs on episodes and EVERYTHING on the series, and the CMCs need to take a backseat to them anyday; they shouldn't more episodes than a mane 6 member ever.

That's just my take on things, though :D

I agree, but the CMC haven't gotten much screentime at all this season. It just so happens that all of their episodes are clumped together this time.

Edited by DryColt84
  • Brohoof 5

What's wrong with CMC episodes? I, for one, love listening to Applebloom's voice. Also, my big wish is that Sweetie Belle will belt out another high power song like her rendition of "Hush Now, Quiet Now". That filly ROCKED it. Finally, Scootaloo is just plain adorable!

• Brohoof 3

I officially have had too much of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Tomorrows episode will be the third CMC episode out of the last four episodes, that's too much. I love them and stuff, but I want an episode about one of the mane six.

Episode 81: It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Episode 82: Somepony to Watch Over Me

Episode 83: Maud Pie

Episode 84: For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils

I see two CMC episodes there.  The next episode will be about Applejack, and Rainbow Dash after that.  As for being tired of the CMC:

Cope_with_the_Circumstances.gif

• Brohoof 1

Impossible?! But seriously, the only CMC episode I see as bad is The Show Stoppers, the others range from okay to fantastic! Flight to the Finish, Sleepless in Ponyville, and Sisterhooves Social are some of the best eps in the series

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind the CMC episodes, so long as they are good.

Today's episode For Whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls was amazing.

I dont mind it even more because Rarity was basically in a co-leading role.

Same with Somepony to Watch Over me, that one was both an Applejack and Applebloom episode.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think there is such a thing as "too much CMC"! I love all of them so much now  :wub:!

Funny thing was , back in season 1,2 and 3, I used to hate episodes revolving around them because the plots just seemed so predictable and boring. But now, as of season 4 I actually like their episodes more than the mane 6! All of this extra screen time really gives them room for growth and improvement and I'm all for that kind of stuff  :D

Nah, I don't think there's too much CMCs episodes, they're fine, their quest for their cutie marks has been no more than a mere mention, and they explored interesting aspects of those cute big-eyed fillies

I complained about not enough CMC, now I am getting plenty of them. So I am not in any place to complain.

Though I really wish Sweetie Belle wasn't a brat in Whom The Sweetie Belle Tolls. A poor attempt at a conflict created for best pony.

Edited by Windseeker

Episode 81: It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Episode 82: Somepony to Watch Over Me

Episode 83: Maud Pie

Episode 84: For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils

I see two CMC episodes there. The next episode will be about Applejack, and Rainbow Dash after that. As for being tired of the CMC:

img-2436276-1-Cope_with_the_Circumstance

I meant 5 (twilight time)

Thanks for pointing that out