Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too Much Snow?

StormdustPony

So, I am already tired of the snow.  A few feet, Can't get the Vehicles out of our drive.   Truck, 4-wheeler, and even tractor are stuck.

I had to walk down to our barn with a sled to bring up pellets for our stove.   A normal 5 minute task took over 45 minutes to complete..

There is too much snow to have any fun in.  Even our dogs are staying in their box most of the time.

Trees are starting to fall.  I had to shovel snow off the trampoline so it didn't break.

Its not all bad tho.  Was able to watch the birds fly on the porch to get crackers.  Didn't hear any complaining from my mom when i broke out my bottle of jack.   Its bright outside because of clear skies now and the moon shining.  I can look out at the trees and the mountains covered in snow.  Nobody has to go back to work until monday.  We should be able to clear our lane out by then. (1/2 mile approx., dirt and gravel road.)

How is everybody doing with all this snow?

• Brohoof 1

Personally I'm wishing I'd get snow... All we got in my little town. But they didn't last long enough to even leave a blanket of white on the lawn... 5 acres of land and not a single patch of white.... Just frozen grass....

Personally I'm wishing I'd get snow... All we got in my little town. But they didn't last long enough to even leave a blanket of white on the lawn... 5 acres of land and not a single patch of white.... Just frozen grass....

I hope you get some snow, But not TOO much.

I'm doing great. They closed all the roads in New York City, so snow day inside all weekend with my family! 

Stayed home like I should. Long Island seems to be getting a "historic" snowstorm once a year now.

Glad you Two are staying home and not trying to go anywhere.

This reminds me of the blizard in '96 (I think that was the year)  Even though i was really young then (23 Now) what i do remember of it was really snowy.

I missed all the snow 2 years ago, I was in the ARMY and stationed in Hawaii

• Brohoof 2

Haha, this snow is okay :blink: I have to say, it would be nicer if it snowed on Monday rather than the weekend... I'm not looking forward to going to school on Monday, considering I need to read an entire book tomorrow for a prerequisite project!

Edited by ThePoniMan
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh....  Lucky.          I wish i was having those tempatures.   Even when the snow does melt, Im shure there is going to be some flooding.

Haha, this snow is okay. I'm glad we finally got some snow; it's about time! I agree though, it is a bit too much... I mean, we got two feet if not more in Pennsylvania. We were only supposed to get like 8-12 inches :blink: I have to say, it would be nicer if it snowed on Monday rather than the weekend... I'm not looking forward to going to school on Monday, considering I need to read an entire book tomorrow for a prerequisite project!

Lol...  Good luck with the book, Hope its not too many pages.  (Says the man who can read the Golden Compass series, or the Eragon series in a few days)

Edited by CodeHell

I'll trade you! I'll take all the snow and cold weather and you can have this constant fluctuating between warm and cold....

Up until this snow hit, It was just like that.   Heck, even the trees started budding and i caught a snapper in the creek a few weeks ago.

Up until this snow hit, It was just like that.   Heck, even the trees started budding and i caught a snapper in the creek a few weeks ago.

Aww poor trees. I hope the sudden change to cold doesn't kill them. It did that to one of my trees last year. It got cold for a month, then warmed up like it was spring. The tree had started to grow it's foliage back cause the weather had been just right to do so.

Then suddenly we got a cold snap that persisted almost a week. And it for lack of better words sent the tree into shock and it never recovered.. my family is trying to think of how to remove it without tearing up a big part of the yard..

Ugh, I hate snow, I'm sick of it, I see it every year, and it doesn't help that during the winter I work directly in the snow.

At Walmart.

This winter thankfully hasn't been that bad, I haven't seen a January with as little snow as this in a while.

• Brohoof 1

Whether these days reminds me of lag.

When your screen freezes, you press a whole bunch of buttons and then BAM, every single button you pressed goes off at once.

Now with weather, throughout this past year it has just been nothing but slow.... and painful.... heat and then BAM a giant blizzard. All of the snow loading at once.