Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much snow do you usually get each year?

EpicEnergy

It used to be that we'd get a six inch + storm every year. But since 2011, with the exception of the past couple of years (not this winter, sadly) we've been averaging a dusting to an inch for a season total. Pathetic. This year we may have gotten an inch. We were set to have a good six inch storm, but then.. I kid you not... a warm pocket formed right over my county and all we got was rain. Literally everywhere else surrounding got lots of snow, but in my county nothing. Nothing at all.... JFC. Winters here are so lame. I'm so sick of it.

It varies. I think it snows at least 4 times a year where I'm at in the Pacific NW, and averages 1.5 to 2 feet total. There's usually 2 big snow days with a half to to full foot of snow that hangs around for 2 weeks and then a few couple and half inchers that melt within a day or so. One year we had like 3 to 4 feet in one go and the roads were all closed.

Thanks to climate change, we have gotten a lot less over the years. With that being the case, I would say we only get a few inches.