Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Much Soda Do You Usually Drink Each Day?

EpicEnergy

I’m a juice girl or now, Simply Lemonade. And water. Juice and soda have too much sugar and I’ve never been a soda drinker. I’ll have a root beer once in a while and cream soda is good but I don’t have pop often. 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't willingly drank soda in 3 years. Its tempting, its thrown around at parties a bunch, i hear it calling my name every time i 

walk pass the grocery isle, but the amount i was consuming was becoming rather problematic for me so i cut it out. I was drowning in soda. :arethosehands:

I used to drink quite a lot of soda, but I've gone off it in recent times. Barely touch the stuff now except when I'm out at a social event or such. Not sure what happened... :sealed:

37 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

Not much. Unless @Sir Hugsalotis drinking some and I can steal a sip c:
But even he prefers water XD

I can confirm. Literally happened today.

Me: opens bottle of Coca Cola Lime

Silky, from the other room, while playing video game with sound on: I HEARD THAT!!!!

:laugh:I love You so much, Silky ;-;

But to answer question - like a glass per day at maximum, I believe!

35 minutes ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

Silky, from the other room, while playing video game with sound on: I HEARD THAT!!!!

omg what an odd coincidence since we don't usually drink soda :laugh:

2 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

Venturing through Star Wars games while on that soda?  

I used to drink soda like it was going out of style, going through up to a 12-pack of 355 ml (12 fl oz) cans a day, but then came the first time I tried to lose weight. I quit cold turkey and only touched them on special occasions. Then I got on a couple of meds that made me gain all the weight back, and a whole load more atop that. However, I never went back to soda like before. I had a 355 ml (12 fl oz) can or two a week at most. However, I did get into BANG Energy drinks in 2021! Sugar-free and 300 mg of caffeine! The flavours were do die for, too!

Sadly, it was not to be... :( In late 2022, I caught pneumonia, and thus began a harrowing medical journey, as my symptoms never fully went away. :( It took from October 2022 until January 2023 to figure out what was really wrong: Heart Failure with Preserved Injection Fraction and Pulmonary Hypertension. I was put on furosemide and Entresto, and was told that caffeine (including chocolate) was henceforth forbidden to be eaten or drank. :( No more energy drinks; not even chocolate! :(

So, now I drink no caffeine and eat no chocolate at all. I'm also not permitted alcohol, so no more Merlot, cocktails or Margaritas... :( All I drink now is water, to be safe.

However! ;) I am still loyal to The Coca-Cola Company and their products like Dasani (my water of choice).

• Brohoof 1

For most of my life, I have only drunk one soda a day. I do drink more than one on the kind of day when I'm at a restaurant drinking glasses of cola or root beer, but I don't drink soda at all on a day when I'm working or craving coffee more and I never pop open more than one can a day at home.