Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too Much Snow?

StormdustPony

I really wish you could send some of that my way. We have yet to have but barely a resemblance of a winter storm all winter long. The next two weeks are already forecasted to be well above average, even jumping up to near 70. After that, our chances of winter storms in any year are incredibly slim altogether.

So... That now makes five years straight without a real winter storm. Meaning, we haven't seen anything above two inches. We haven't even seen one inch this year! Geez. Have we been cursed or something? The year before that we got a winter-long total of 24 inches plus. Which I know is not incredible by Northeast standards, but... it's 23+ inches more than we've seen this year. T.T

Snow ruins everything.

In all seriousness though snow is always pretty annoying to me because it always comes at the worst times. I was looking forward to going out this weekend but that was kinda rejected thanks to the weather.

Edited by Slammy

Well considering I live in the UK, I haven't had to deal with this. BUT. Last week we literally had snow that had settled, but literally the very next day it was all gone. No icy surfaces or anything like that leftover, just completely gone like it had never happened.

..needless to say I was pleased by this. 

UPDATE: School was just cancelled for tomorrow, so I have more time to finish my project! That's the second time in my high school career we had a snow day on the first day of the semester, giving me more to time to finish my prerequisite assignments B)

I live in Wisconsin? How do you think I'm doing? WINTERS HERE ARE LEGENDARILY BRUTAL. This year its actually not that bad, I mean yeah, we have a few inches of snow and been through a couple days of single digit/ below zero temperatures, but It could be worse.

I heard about Winter storm Jonas and how D.C. and 10 northeastern states are under a state of emergency with New York City Suffering It's second worst winter storm in history. So i hope all those guys are all right. 

Edited by Zantetsuken

I live in Ohio and I've got absolutely no snow. Which is weird, because we usually get bombed with it pretty bad.

I don't know where in Ohio you live, but in my little corner of the state, we have been getting quite a bit of snow in the past few days.

UPDATE: School was just cancelled for tomorrow, so I have more time to finish my project! That's the second time in my high school career we had a snow day on the first day of the semester, giving me more to time to finish my prerequisite assignments B)

It was also cancelled for me, and it happens to be on the beginning of the new semester for me.

In Indiana we did not get anywhere near as much snow as predicted since the major storm pretty much missed us entirely. I personally love snow though, to me it brings about a sense of peace and wonder and the glorious sound of the snow beneath your feet is just bliss. <3 Watching the snow fall in the street lights at night is such a nice feeling for me. I do acknowledge how hazardous it can be for the roads though, I can't drive anyways so that doesn't apply to me, but I do feel bad for those it affects. Still, we did not get enough to cause major problems. 

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I have seen so little snow in the last 15 years in my country. Each year we get a little bit, but nothing in comparison to what I have experienced when I was small. Today is not even enough to ride a sledge even once per winter. As a child it was possible almost the whole winter, each year. So I cannot complain about too much snow, just the opposite. Snow seems to completely vanish at my part of the globe.