Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Moshi monsters become the new FIM?

Rarity Paige Belle

After school I was having a chat with one of my fellow teachers in the staff room(who is a brony) and he mentioned that moshi monsters were becoming popular with adults. I know there a cartoon for kids, but apart from that, that's all I know. What do you think?

For one, I had no idea that franchise was doing a TV series.

For another, if it was another FiM, it would have spread across the Internet like a virus and people would be making 30-minute analysis videos and hours of fan animation about it. When someone says something is "the next FiM", I won't believe it until I see it get like that. Predicting something to be the "next FiM" is an exercise in foolishness if the PR stunt by a Hub Network contractor on "Care Bears" was any indication.

Edited by WindChaserPegasus
  • Brohoof 1

Ok, I personally don’t like the design of moshi monster that much.  It’s a game right? I can imagine that some people do like that sort of game, also among adults. (I just see it here, many adults enjoy playing games on facebook and so on.) Yet I do however not know somepony who plays it.

• Brohoof 1

Agree with WindChaserPegasis above, if it was that easy to predict what is going to be the next 'thing' we would already be on the third or fourth 'thing' past MLP. :)

I looked at the Moshi Monsters thing several years back, and it didn't really strike me as anything more than a different take on the tamagatchi toys from the 1990's.

• Brohoof 1

Agree with WindChaserPegasis above, if it was that easy to predict what is going to be the next 'thing' we would already be on the third or fourth 'thing' past MLP. :)I looked at the Moshi Monsters thing several years back, and it didn't really strike me as anything more than a different take on the tamagatchi toys from the 1990's.

I used to love tamagotchi! I've still got the four that my mum bought me! The batteries are long gone though!

Yup, I highly doubt it. I might start to believe if I saw moshi monster memes everywhere, but at this point, I didn't even know adults watched moshi monsters.