Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G1 Movie's Plant Monster Name

Happy Heart

(edited)

Does this plant monster from G1's movie have an official name? I'm asking because I'm doing research on previous generations for inspiration for my fan-game project; Final Fantasy Friendship.

vlcsnap-00069.jpg

Edited by Happy Heart
Explanation why I'm asking this question.
  • Brohoof 1

Ooh, not sure it has a name beyond 'plant monster' 

It contains Flume, and it's a plant, so I quite like calling it 'Plume'

Being more creative - it's a reference to various carnivours plants, but isn't a fly-trap and is grabby, so maybe something like Fascicularia?

WINTER SALE - Fascicularia bicolor - Hardy bromeliad plant#

Common name is 'Big Baboon's Bottom', which would also be a good name for it :D 

If it doesn't have an official name, then I'll be naming it Ochu, named after another infamous, seldom known carnivorous plants from the Final Fantasy series. I figured a giant plant like this would be a neat boss to use. :manic-laughter:

• Brohoof 1

No name mentioned in any of the media I have on hand. Which means it *might* be in one of the many comics/illustrated stories they made for G1, mostly in Europe. There's lots of lore buried in those comics, like the origin of the Twinkle-Eyed Ponies and so on. But I don't have many of those, so I can't say for sure.

According to the lyrics of the song the witches sing, the stuff gathered from the plant is spelled 'Phlume', if that matters.  I don't know if that was gathered from official sources, but that's what's on the G1 wiki article. My Little Pony: The Movie - My Little Wiki