Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kimi Sparkle

Eloquence

(edited)

I'm looking for some opinions and answers on something that I really just don't get. At all. 

Kimi Sparkle, as far as I can tell, appears to be an extremely popular pony reviewer. Her videos net an impressive number of hits, she is known throughout the pony analyst community, and according to the season five spoilers she's even getting a speaking role on the show, which I'm sure I don't have to tell anypony is a huge deal. I just for the life of me don't understand why.

Now, this isn't meant to be me hating on her, or anyone who likes her, but I've watched a few of her videos now and I feel like there's some piece of this puzzle that I'm just completely missing. From what I can gather her videos are meant to be some sort of parody, and thank Celestia they are because I totally did not realize that at first and thought that this was just how she is, but if this is supposed to be humor than I guess I just don't get the joke. I mean, my best guess is that she does what she does to make fun of people who jump head-first into the analysis game without any idea what they're doing and with clearly no real understanding of the show or anything to contribute aside from their extremely biased opinions based solely on personal taste (ie, her bashing every Rarity episode purely because it has Rarity in it). If that's the case, then... it still doesn't strike me as funny enough to warrant her popularity, but it at least makes some sort of sense, I guess.

So, if you're a fan of KS, tell me why and help me solve this mystery. If you aren't, but you can still shine some light on what she's trying to accomplish with her shtick, explain that too. 

EDIT: I've been informed that the whole her being a guest voice in S5 thing was an April Fool's joke, or something, probably. In my defense, I assumed it to be true after hearing not one but two pony analysts talk about it seriously, Digi and Silver-Quill, so I guess either they're in cahoots or they missed the joke too.

Edited by Eloquence

I'm looking for some opinions and answers on something that I really just don't get. At all. 

Kimi Sparkle, as far as I can tell, appears to be an extremely popular pony reviewer. Her videos net an impressive number of hits, she is known throughout the pony analyst community, and according to the season five spoilers she's even getting a speaking role on the show, which I'm sure I don't have to tell anypony is a huge deal. I just for the life of me don't understand why.

Now, this isn't meant to be me hating on her, or anyone who likes her, but I've watched a few of her videos now and I feel like there's some piece of this puzzle that I'm just completely missing. From what I can gather her videos are meant to be some sort of parody, and thank Celestia they are because I totally did not realize that at first and thought that this was just how she is, but if this is supposed to be humor than I guess I just don't get the joke. I mean, my best guess is that she does what she does to make fun of people who jump head-first into the analysis game without any idea what they're doing and with clearly no real understanding of the show or anything to contribute aside from their extremely biased opinions based solely on personal taste (ie, her bashing every Rarity episode purely because it has Rarity in it). If that's the case, then... it still doesn't strike me as funny enough to warrant her popularity, but it at least makes some sort of sense, I guess.

So, if you're a fan of KS, tell me why and help me solve this mystery. If you aren't, but you can still shine some light on what she's trying to accomplish with her shtick, explain that too. 

The season 5 thing was an April Fool's joke, however Kimi Sparkle is not.

Kimi Sparkle is a parody analyst played by Jenny Nicholson of SherclopPones, best known for "Friendship is Witchcraft", which explains the high viewership. I am not a fan of either Kimi Sparkle or "Friendship is Witchcraft".

• Brohoof 1

From what I can gather her videos are meant to be some sort of parody.

That's because it is a parody.

Kimi Sparkle is made by the same people who made Friendship Is Witchcraft.

That's because it is a parody.

Kimi Sparkle is made by the same people who made Friendship Is Witchcraft.

Well yes, I do realize it's a parody now, after some time thinking that she was just popular for completely indiscernible reasons. The fact that she is behind FiW does clear things up though. I couldn't understand her show's popularity on it's own but it makes much more sense if it's riding the coattails of her other successful project. I don't think I've seen much of Friendship is Witchcraft, but from what little I remember it's possible that her works in general just don't particularly resonate with my personal sense of humor.

(edited)

Kimi Sparkle is an amazing parody reviewer! She's so funny and not annoying at all. I definitely didn't shut of her video part of the way through, because I couldn't stand it. You must just be jealous of her popularity!

Edited by Drymond Sentry

Well, the Season 5 thing involving Kimi was a joke. Anyway, she is just a parody reviewer in which we're supposed to not take her seriously. That's how I see her, she isn't really that good at reviewing.

Nah breh, it's all a jest. It's meant to be satirical, as in a tongue-in-cheek imitation of the bronies who actually say that kind of stuff. Non-jokingly, mind you.

Idea: I really should just start awkwardly hitting on her and see where it goes.

Kimi Sparkle is an amazing parody reviewer! She's so funny and not annoying at all. I definitely didn't shut of her video part of the way through, because I couldn't stand it. You must just be jealous of her popularity!

It's true! My life is such an empty void, all I want is the fulfillment that only internet fame can provide, and that dumb popular girl is getting it instead of me! Oh boo hoo, oh woe is me!

• Brohoof 1

It's true! My life is such an empty void, all I want is the fulfillment that only internet fame can provide, and that dumb popular girl is getting it instead of me! Oh boo hoo, oh woe is me!

Haha, gotcha! You should be more like Diamond Tiara, she doesn't care about her image at all! She's so selfless and nice too, truly alicorn material.

It was all a joke, I could go over all of the plot holes in the various videos and how so very faked they all came off as, but I'll be here for awhile and nopony will care. It was all 100% faked.

Dude, if you wanna go all analyst analyzer right now I will totally care and read all of it. You do what makes you happy, feel free to let it out. This is a safe place.

Haha, gotcha! You should be more like Diamond Tiara, she doesn't care about her image at all! She's so selfless and nice too, truly alicorn material.

Oh, if only I could be like Diamond Tiara! If only I were so kind and caring and multi-dimensional. Maybe then I could quell the raging jealousy in my heart  :(

(of all the times not to have a gif of Rarity crying on a couch...)

• Brohoof 2