Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's life like in small town USA?

Rarity Paige Belle

Oooooooooooo!!!!!! I actually live in a small town. I guess they can be good and bad.

Good because...

- Everyone knows you, therefore, if anything bad happens, there is someone there to help.

- More friendly people

-Less bad things like murders, thieving, violence.

-Quite peaceful.

Bad because...

-Everyone knows you, so if you do ONE stupid thing, everyone knows.

-It can get a little boring.

-Everyone knows your business.

As good as some of the responses in this thread are, this song and its video sum up small town America, for better or worse, more than written descriptions ever could.

DISCLAIMER: I have never lived in a small town. I was born in a big city and have lived in suburbs or cities most of my life. I have, however, visited small town America numerous times. Small town Minnesota, more specifically.

Quiet, the people are nice. But, in most REALLY small towns in the south, you will likely find quite a few conservative idiots that don't know how to even politics.

You can say that about any political party in any part of the world. But ok we can only say conservatives.

Grew up in small town, big towns and big cities and extremly small towns and even a small house in a field.

It's small and everybody generally knows everybody (aka everybody knows about each other's problems and gossip gets around) festivals/carnivals are big things and matter allot in small towns and they can plan months in advance. Sometimes a full year. Few places to hang out at other than the school, some eatery/dinner type place or a gas station prone of the few shops etc.

Less crime in general because everybody knows everybody.

If you can't live a simple life then you will have a hard time. You may even have to work harder than you normally ever would in a city and have to actually learn common sence kind of stuff. Emegency services arriving in a timely fashion? Good luck with that. Afraid of guns+ get used to it. Try not to let sterotypes get to you because it can be fun too. Good memories you can't get just anywhere

• Brohoof 1