Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you an optimistic person?

Onylex

(edited)

Lets face it, being an optimistic person can be very hard. Its much easier to be negative and pessimistic about things. 

Though, I know being optimistic doesn't always mean you're positive as much as being pessimistic doesn't always mean you're always negative. I just thought this would be an interesting topic for discussion.  

Personally, I would like to consider myself to be an optimistic person err at least I try to be... 

All though, I wont lie that I have been pessimistic in my lifetime which, in my personal experience I feel has gotten me nowhere.  -_- 

So, what about you?

Would you consider yourself to be optimistic?

blogentry-17364-0-28924400-1400297058_thumb.png

Edited by Onylex
  • Brohoof 2

Not necessarily, no...

But in a house where promises aren't meant to be taken at face value, it's kinda like a survival adaptation.

Because, friends, nothing sucks more than crushed hopes.

If you expect the worse, the worst thing that can happen is that you get proved right.

Best is that you're pleasantly suprised!

I consider myself a realist optimist, in that I don't expect miracles or even basic human decency but still find a way to see that good things emerge from the bad. At least I think that's what it is. I might be an idealist pessimist, depending on how one defines the two spectrum.

I've always thought of myself as an optimistic person, though I do tend to drop into pessimistic slumps now and again. Even still, I almost always try to look for the good or find whatever silver lining I can. Being happy feels good! :D

Yes, I try my best to be optimistic all the time. I want to say that a person can be sad and still be optimistic, for example, there are times when I remember things that make me sad and I want to feel sad but I am optimistic as I know they happened for a reason and I learnt about it (or at least I think that way). But I definitely solve problems faster when I'm optimistic and can maintain good relationships with others. I can say better things happen to me when I'm optimistic :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't really consider myself an optimistic person--but I do like seeing things even in a horrible light. For an example, a test, I'll tell myself I have 50/50 chance of failing and succeeding, then I'll plunge right through with a hopeful smile. It is either you do it or you don't, and damn it I will say to myself in every situation, "You got 50/50," and just hope to hell I get the lucky 50. I rarely look at things fully in a pessimistic view; rather in some pseudo-optimistic approach. 

(edited)

I'm pretty much between pessimism and optimism. I try to find the good in things but I usually see the bad as well. I'd probably count myself more as a realist than an optimist or pessimist. However, according to my friends, I'm an extreme pessimist.

Edited by WheatleyCore

(edited)

I'm pretty pessimistic, although then again, I've watched a lot of FMA: Brotherhood, and also, a little of Elfen Lied. So it's natural to see the negative side of humanity. I also have a naturally dramatic personality.

Edited by Princess of the Sun

I'm pretty much between pessimism and optimism. I try to find the good in things but I usually see the bad as well. I'd probably count myself more as a realist than an optimist or pessimist. However, according to my friends, I'm an extreme pessimist.

Ahwww... :( 

I don't think that Wheatley, I like a lot of your opinionated post. 

You show a lot of compassion to people and I think a lot of the realist opinions you have come form honesty.  :) 

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty pessimistic, although then again, I've watched a lot of FMA: Brotherhood, and also, a little of Elfen Lied. So it's natural to see the negative side of humanity.

I watch a lot of anime that shows off Humanity's negative side as well. 

Anyways, I try my best to be optimistic. Being positive about things generally makes me feel better.

As my OC potrays, I like to stay as optomistic as I can, but I'm not surprised when I'm let down or something doesn't go my way. That can be negative of me to think or feel that way, to assume that things won't work out or won't go the way its planned, but I know that when it happends I try to find the silver lining in things.

I don't like to be negative, or assume the worst, I don't like to feel bad about myself or what I don't have or what I'm not doing. I know times can be hard for me and for everypony else, but I aim to make the best of the time I have on this planet. Living it feeling bad or down doesn't sound constructive to me. I know that with every bad moment or time, there are still good ones to come.