Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A New Future (1x1 RP)

Courageous Thunder Dash

@@Miss Reaper,

"You can ride it around. All you do is just hold on to it and flap your wings to go a bit faster. Thunder stated. Thunder Dash suddenly turned and accidently flinged his arm around, hitting a cloud that happened to drift by. It let out a crack of thunder. "Oh sorry!" He stated. 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@,

Ariel squealed in fright at the sudden sound of thunder, ducking and covering her head with her hooves. She started shivering after such a bad startle, whimpering as tears formed in the corners of her eyes. Naturally, thunder came across as a frightening thing for some ponies; but for such a delicate, sensitive young filly like her, it seemed especially scary.

@@Miss Reaper,

"I am really sorry about that. Forgot to tell you but...if you hit a cloud as hard as I did, a clap of thunder will come out if it. Don't worry Ariel, thunder is just a sound. It won't hurt you." Thunder stated giving Ariel a gentle nuzzle. He then picked her up and cuddled her. "Please don't cry." He said.  

@,

"Th-That's what my old Mommy and Daddy used to tell me about thunder," Ariel said, quivering in his arms. "But it's still so loud and scary..." She sniffled a little, nuzzling him and taking some comfort in the feel of his warm fur. The supposedly 'irrational' fear of thunder was one of the things her former parents had tried to 'condition' her out of; and in a way, that had only made it worse for her.

@@Miss Reaper,

"I know, it is. Almost every little foal is afraid of thunder. Don't worry Ariel, you're not alone." Thunder stated as he continued to comfort and hug Ariel. "Gee...Ariel's parents were sure mean to her. Thinking they could rule over her like that and condition her to "toughen up". They just made her more fearful of them." Thunder thought to himself.  

@,

Ariel smiled up at him, further assured and comforted by his words; but at the same time, it further cemented her opinion on her former parents. If such a fear was normal for foals like her, why had they punished her for it? Why did they yell at her whenever she cried or even so much as made a whimper in complaint? It was as if they hated her especially, as if they were merely trying to come up with a reason to punish or yell at her; and still, she couldn't fathom why they hated her so much.

With those thoughts haunting her, she clung to Thunder and buried her face in his chest, feeling more grateful than ever that she had a new family now, with ponies that seemed to actually care for her.

@@Miss Reaper,

"It's okay Ariel. I'm here. Time is all it takes Ariel. I know some foals who are like 12 years old, and are still afraid of thunder. But, as I said before, thunder is loud, but it won't hurt you." Thunder stated as he hugged and cuddled Ariel to continue to comfort her. 

@,

Ariel closed her eyes and gently nuzzled him in response. Then, after a few moments of thought, she opened her eyes and looked up at him. Her bangs had fallen back, away from her face, so both eyes were clearly visible to him for the first time; one a warm amethyst hue, the other a bright, icy blue. She smiled up at him, and there were tears in her eyes again - but for different reasons this time. She wrapped her forelegs around his neck, hugging him as she murmured into his ear, "...Thank you, Daddy."

@@Miss Reaper,

"You're very welcome...my little Ariel." Thunder stated as he sweetly and gently hugged back. A calm gust of wind sort caused the cloud they were on to start drifting off slowly. Thunder felt the movement. "Daddy will always love you." Thunder stated as the cloud continued to drift slowly. Thunder made the cloud turn right to other Cloudsdale houses.  

@,

Ariel's smile grew as she looked up at him once more, the tears in her eyes overflowing before she could think to stop them. Hearing those words from him, while finally accepting Thunder as her new father... it brought her such joy that it was overwhelming for her. She closed her eyes and gently snuggled into his warm fur once more, ever so perfectly happy.

@@Miss Reaper,

Thunder snuggled with Ariel as the cloud continued to drift around. It made a circle around the entire house. It came back around, bumping into another cloud and coming to a gentle stop. Thunder gently nuzzled Ariel as he continued to snuggle and cuddle with her.  

@,

Once she dried her joyful tears, she nuzzled Thunder once more before she looked up at him, opening her mouth as if she wished to say something. It took her a few moments to even begin working up the courage. "Daddy? I... I lo-... uh, I l-luh..." She hesitated and tripped over whatever word it was that she had intended to say, stuttering until she eventually trailed off into silence.

@@Miss Reaper,

"Go on. Daddy knows what you're trying to say." Thunder stated as he gave Ariel an affectionate lick on her mane. He waited for Ariel to get herself together and say what she was trying to say. Thunder then thought about mother/daughter time, when Rainbow Dash got to know Ariel.  

@,

Ariel gave a little squeak and a giggle at the lick, still a little unused - but delighted by - such affection. Then, returning her mind to what she had been trying to say, she tried to think of how to say it, even though it was so simple. What made it so difficult, was that her parents had said those three words so many times, more times than she could count, and not once could she believe it. 'I'm sorry, I love you' was what she would always hear from them after they yelled at or hurt her in any way. As if they were sorry for their actions, when really they were just trying to avoid upsetting her any further.

She wanted the words to mean something when she said them. She wanted to give them meaning. So she took a deep breath, and did her best to pull herself together, to gather that bit of courage she needed. "I... I love you, Daddy," she finally said, smiling up at him.

Edited by Miss Reaper

@@Miss Reaper,

"I love you too...my little angel." Thunder stated giving Ariel a loving kiss and a warm embrace. Thunder had to give all the love he could to make up for the perfectionist ways of Ariel's older parents. Rainbow Dash would do the same thing and so would Storm Rush and Electra Blitz.  

@,

Ariel happily nuzzled him, feeling relieved that she had gotten the words out. In doing so, she had at last fully and truly accepted her situation for what it was; that she was indeed with a family that loved her... with a family that she loved. Well, at least a father that she loved. She hadn't had much of a chance to bond with the rest of the family as of yet, but she hoped that she would soon have that chance.

@@Miss Reaper,

"Let's go see your mother and rest of the family. Besides, dinner will be served in a little while. Your uncle Blitz is fixing some delicious pork-chops tonight." Thunder stated as he gently picked up Ariel and put her on his back. He then took to the skies and glided back home slowly.    

@,

Ariel lied contently on his back as they made their way home, no longer so nervous about falling now that she could fly herself and simply feeling more relaxed in general. She still held on gently to him, if only by way of habit, or that she just wanted to hold on. Either way, she was happy, and she looked forward to spending more time with the rest of her family.

@@Miss Reaper,

Thunder Dash soon landed back at the front of the house. There, Rainbow was laying belly-up. "Hey Ariel, why don't go and give your mommy a little tickle!" Thunder whispered with a quiet giggle. Rainbow had a smile on her face as if she was in a daydream. Storm was trying not to get a wingboner from this.  

@,

Ariel fluttered her little wings, flying a little ways towards Rainbow before she landed next to the, apparently, daydreaming young mare. The filly blinked, staring at her for a few moments, noticing that Rainbow didn't seem to be noticing anything around her. So then the little filly poked Rainbow's side with her hoof, giving the cyan-coated Pegasus a little tickle.

@@Miss Reaper,

Rainbow had dowsed off and was snoring lightly...until Ariel started to tickle her. She let out a loud snort followed by a loud and hard laugh. "Awww! That's cute!" Blitz said with a giggle. "Stop it! That tickles!" Rainbow pleaded as she continued to laugh. Thunder laughed at this as he walked in the house.  

@,

Ariel pulled back just for a moment, at first startled by the loud snort; again showing how easily startled she was by any sort of loud sound in spite of herself. But when she realized that Rainbow was laughing from the tickling, the filly let out a little giggle as she continued tickling her.

@@Miss Reaper,

Rainbow continued to laugh sillily. "Ariel!" She pleaded as she continued to laugh and snort. She was also flailing her limbs as well. Thunder looked on with a smile on his face. "Such a cute and giddy little filly." He said to himself as he went to sit on the couch next to Blitz.  

@,

Rainbow's laughter brought forth more giggles from the filly. Her wings started fluttering again as she hovered just above Rainbow, now tickling her belly in a playful manner. "Gotcha now!" she proclaimed in an equally playful fashion, continuing to tickle Rainbow.

@@Miss Reaper,

Rainbow continued to laugh hard as tears cascaded down her face. "Ok! Ok! I give! I give!" She pleaded continuing to laugh. Blitz sneaked around and gently prodded Ariel on the side, and then quickly went to sit back down trying to not smile, or else Ariel would think he did it.