Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worshiping this show?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

You can't take a Bible to school? That's news to me.

I don't remember that being the case when I was back in school several years back.

(But that's not what this topic is about, seriously. lol)

Yeah.

Public schools have tooken it to extremes like that.

You literally cannot express your religion in most public schools.

It's a bit nuts if you ask me.

Edited by Psyco Dash

tbh, I think I would probably prefer to worship Sailor Moon. She's already from Earth. We would just have to find some way to bring the whole Moon family over, along with her friends, because she would miss her family and friends too much otherwise.

Let's see what qualifications she has

- All powerful (her love was able to overpower Sailor Galaxia's power and heal her

- All loving (she was gonna let Queen Nehilenia kill her, because she blamed herself for Queen Nehilenia's sadness)

- Empathy (she broke down in tears when Queen Nehilenia told her her tragic backstory)

- All merciful (she not only spared Nehilenia (and almost every other villain in the Sailor Moon series), but rehabilitated them as well.

Here's what the Moon pantheon would be like

Neo Queen Serenity (Queen of the Moon pantheon)

Sailor Mars

Sailor Jupiter

Sailor Venus

Sailor Mercury

Sailor Uranus

Sailor Pluto

Sailor Neptune

Sailor Saturn

King Mamoru (ruler of earth)

Princess Serenity (I assume this is the proper name for Chibiusa)

Sailor Quartet (Princess Serenity's bodyguards)

Helios/Pegasus (guardian of dreams)

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of others, but I haven't read that far in the manga yet. Also, I know that Galaxia is stronger than Moon, but we're talking about goddess of the Earth, not goddess of the universe.

As for commandments, it would simply be the following

1) Love your neighbour as you love yourself

2) Put the happiness of others before your own desires

3) Be moral, and be kind to everyone, always

4) Never take a life, unless forced to 

5) Believe in the purity of the royal Moon family. They are shining examples to all.

Edited by Princess of the Sun

And then there's this thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/94543-lets-make-a-god/#entry2517142

Now, I'm admittedly not that good at distinguishing between sincerity and satire, so I may just be overreacting. But still........

Yeah, I don't think anyone actively worships the show, not as such, but in a way, I think that the extent to which some people take escapism verges on worshipping. I don't approve of escapism in general because it seems to be just a way to avoid reality, but the fact is that reality is what we're stuck with. Escapism, to me, just seems lazy and irresponsible.

But I'm talking about myself, too, because even I catch myself indulging in a bit of escapism from time to time. After all, wouldn't it be great if we could visit Equestria? Isn't it fun to imagine that it's a real place we can access, if we just try hard enough? But it's not. It's false.

• Brohoof 2

There is a scientific idea that there is a new universe made for every action that was not made so it is plausible but not likely so in the slim low percent, I would worship a being like Celestia and Luna "I know this will speak of my mental health oh well."

Is that actually a thing? I wouldn't see it as a problem if people are doing it for the fun of it, but I've never heard or seen anything serious related to it.

I do thoroughly enjoy the show and try to relate many of it's educational aspects into my life, but I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as 'worship'...

Next time the Census rolls around, I am putting Brony under religion. Because I can.

Haha, that's amazing; I might do that too!

Edited by Mister Facepalm
  • Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

I've never heard of anyone, worshiping the show, like a religion.

But then again, I don't remember waking up this morning, and I certainly don't remember if I forgot to feed Nikki Minaj this morning. I probably didn't. She eats human souls you know, and I don't have that type of money, to be feeding her human souls on a regular basis.

I tell you, kids. Don't buy a Nikki Minaj.

Well in a argument there are people who have a cult following chuthulu a creature based in a hp Lovecraft novel surely this is no where as bad.

Another religion based off of modern media.

I don't really wanna bother with these people.

I just think they're like...

post-25645-0-10906200-1397507743.jpg

• Brohoof 1

This reminds me of the time that star wars fans tried to make Jedi a official religion

My thought is that someone like this wants something to exists so much that they try to illogical excuses to believe so and not face the reality that it's based off of a TV show.

I think they try to say that through the power of imagination and magic that it can come true.

post-25645-0-30929500-1397508129_thumb.jpg

My thought is that someone like this wants something to exists so much that they try to illogical excuses to believe so and not face the reality that it's based off of a TV show.

I think they try to say that through the power of imagination and magic that it can come true.

Isn't that the base for every other religion?

• Brohoof 1

Ho! He's gotcha there, buddy.
  • Brohoof 1

This reminds me of the time that star wars fans tried to make Jedi a official religion

Technically I think they suceeded.

@,

I think it's kinda funny you made this in response to my thread.

I agree, but to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, people could say (and have said) the same thing about any established religion. I don't think it's a very reasonable argument for them to make, but there's not much way to refute it, either.

Well yeah.

Christianity is a tad bit different.

I'm just saying its a bit ridiculous to base your religion off of a TV show.

I agree, but to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, people could say (and have said) the same thing about any established religion. I don't think it's a very reasonable argument for them to make, but there's not much way to refute it, either.

Yeah. You seem to have a point.