Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worshiping this show?

CosmicHooves

Listen, I REALLY love this show.

I really do.

I have every single episode up to this point downloaded on my iPod 5.

I DO NOT hold this show over my religion though.

I have my reasons for believing in my God, and I don't believe he's based off of anything on this earth (such as a TV show).

Now I won't discriminate you for worshipping what you want, but I just wanna say I'm a bit shocked people are starting to do this.

Sure we all love the show and we all love Princess Celestia as a role model, but the very last thing I would ever do is bow down her and call her my god.

Again I am NOT discriminating you if you're into this sort of thing.

I'm just saying that I'm kind of scratching my head.

People can believe what they want and I have no problem with that.

• Brohoof 2

I've never heard of anyone "worshiping" the show. I haven't seen a brony church, or anyone praying to Celestia in public or anything lol, so I'm not sure what you mean

• Brohoof 1

I remember when there was this thinking about turning the show into a religion. Sure there are many religions so it's not like it would be the strangest thing in the world. But still, it's a cartoon and following a religion based of it would be kind of funny. What people choose to believe doesn't concern anyone. lol

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I haven't seen anyone literally worship the show although with how crazy some fans in general of anything can be it wouldn't surprise me, there are some Star Wars who count "Jedi" as their religion so it is not at all unprecedented. Alot of people in a figurative/metaphorical sense do treat the show like it is a religion though which is something even if all of my years in being fandoms have never seen before and I find it incredibly annoying. People using "love and tolerate" as a weapon to demonize people they disagree with as "haters", not distinguishing between actual haters of the show and just non fans, trying to force arbitrary standards of what a brony should and shouldn't be down everyones throats (so other fandoms do that but just differently) such as demonizing the "dark" side of the fandom especially cloppers when there is no difference between them and other fans except for what they choose to do in private.

• Brohoof 1

Myself, and some others, believe that there's an egregore of Celestia floating around somewhere, and we were going to use chaos magick to give her godhood. Because any egregore that becomes popular enough, can become a godform. But as for myself, I abandoned the idea, because the egregore is based on the Celestia from the cartoon, so it would have her memories. So, I don't think her inclination would be to help earth. She would be confused, and wondering how to get back home. And that, would be a cruel fate. So instead, I'm gonna see about creating an original egregore to make into a goddess.

Also, worshipping a cartoon character doesn't make any less sense than worshipping a deity based off an old collection of random stories. Although back then, the people had a legitimate reason to worship him, because they really believed he was real. But it's not like people wouldn't have a legitimate reason to worship Celestia as well, as long as they were willing to use magick to make an actual goddess based off her, but like I said. We'd be basically pulling her out of her own cosmos.

Edited by Princess of the Sun
  • Brohoof 2

As a Gnostic, I hold a somewhat . . . fluid cosmology in my heart.

My beleif is reverence, does not have to equal worship. The show teaches good lessons and the characters are great role models. Princess Celestia Herself is a figure I've come to deeply respect the same way I do the Doctor or Optimus Prime, as the main deific figure of this world.

So while I do not consider Her or any of the Six Saints to be God, nor do I hold them as creators or any such thing, the whole point of Gnosticism is to know thyself, and if praying to Pinkie for courage, or Applejack for motivation, speaks to my soul on the same level as the Gospel, what's wrong with that?

Myself, and some others, believe that there's an egregore of Celestia floating around somewhere, and we were going to use chaos magick to give her godhood. Because any egregore that becomes popular enough, can become a godform. But as for myself, I abandoned the idea, because the egregore is based on the Celestia from the cartoon, so it would have her memories. So, I don't think her inclination would be to help earth. She would be confused, and wondering how to get back home. And that, would be a cruel fate. So instead, I'm gonna see about creating an original egregore to make into a goddess.

Also, worshipping a cartoon character doesn't make any less sense than worshipping a deity based off an old collection of random stories. Although back then, the people had a legitimate reason to worship him, because they really believed he was real. But it's not like people wouldn't have a legitimate reason to worship Celestia as well, as long as they were willing to use magick to make an actual goddess based off her, but like I said. We'd be basically pulling her out of her own cosmos.

I don't consider the Bible as a collection of stories.

I actually believe the events occurred.

I picture more as a history book.

• Brohoof 2

I've been in this fandom since 2011 and never seen anyone worship it like a religion yet. Though I have to admit I'd probably sit there laughing for a good half hour straight if anyone did. It's one thing to watch the show, wear shirts, collect ponies etc...but worshipping it is a completely different thing.

What makes you think She would be any less predisposed to help us than Her own subjects?

True She would probably want to "return" to Equestria, but what's stopping Her from helping while She's here?

(Like Samurai Jack! :D)

• Brohoof 1

As a Gnostic, I hold a somewhat . . . fluid cosmology in my heart.

My beleif is reverence, does not have to equal worship. The show teaches good lessons and the characters are great role models. Princess Celestia Herself is a figure I've come to deeply respect the same way I do the Doctor or Optimus Prime, as the main deific figure of this world.

So while I do not consider Her or any of the Six Saints to be God, nor do I hold them as creators or any such thing, the whole point of Gnosticism is to know thyself, and if praying to Pinkie for courage, or Applejack for motivation, speaks to my soul on the same level as the Gospel, what's wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with that.

I just believe that God inspired and used man to create the original texts of the Bible.

I believe that Applejack was inspired purely by man.

• Brohoof 1

What makes you think She would be any less predisposed to help us than Her own subjects?

True She would probably want to "return" to Equestria, but what's stopping Her from helping while She's here?

(Like Samurai Jack! :D)

Yeah, that's true. Although I still think it would be cruel to pull her out of her own cosmos just to help us, when we already have many deities, like Odin, Amaterasu, Isis, Anubis, Zeus, etc to help us. Although if she did appear, I would be her most vocal supporter.

• Brohoof 1

I don't consider the Bible as a collection of stories.

I actually believe the events occurred.

I picture more as a history book.

Well it is technically. Probably one of the reasons why it's one of the most important books ever made. It contains first hand accounts of a number of periods of which few other texts survived from.

Yeah, that's true. Although I still think it would be cruel to pull her out of her own cosmos just to help us, when we already have many deities, like Odin, Amaterasu, Isis, Anubis, Zeus, etc to help us. Although if she did appear, I would be her most vocal supporter.

Touché.

You'll forgive me though if I'd be more willing to revere Celestia rather than the other female sun godess who almost doomed the world by hiding in a cave during a hissy fit. Or the bearded bolt hurler who makes Molestia look like Mother Theresa.

There's nothing wrong with that.

I just believe that God inspired and used man to create the original texts of the Bible.

I believe that Applejack was inspired purely by man.

I agree, if the show was divinely inspired, (awesome as that would be) it would have near universal appeal as opposed to the "mere" mass appeal it has now.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know. If I built a shrine to the mane six out of toenails does that count as worship.

It's not creepy at all.

It probably would be considered art I guess.

Unless they bowed down to it and said was their god.

I do tribal ritual dances to summon the bountiful weekend harvest of pony.

Seriously, I did integrate MLP into my overall percept of the world, but that's only because I personally believe that everything exists. I don't go out of my way to worship the multitude anyways. I just think it's out there. Somewhere. Beneath a pale moon light. Etc.

I don't know. If I built a shrine to the mane six out of toenails does that count as worship.

Unless you actually do worship that I would probably just call it a collection and probably far from the biggest collection out there. There are some people who have their entire house full of stuff.

I don't worship My Little Pony, but I do think about them a lot and ponify a lot of things in my head. Because... it's just easier to think of that way, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think anyone actually worships MLP characters.

There has been a thread floating around about using magic to somehow make Celestia a god in real life.  I don't believe that it's possible.  I assume that this thread was inspired by that one, seeing that Psycho Dash and Princess of the Sun (vocal members on the last thread) are here.  However, I don't want to see this thread become an extension of that thread since the last few pages of it were brutal.

Honestly I'd LOVE to believe that Equestria exists, but i can't help knowing it came off of a TV show.

If there is a heaven and the Christian doctrine is correct, I'm gonna ask God if he could possibly create a whole other universe with ponies.

I thought this was going to be a topic on over-the-top obsession over the show, not actual worshipping.

Now, I haven't spent a whole lot of my time in the show section of this forum, but every time I do, I see topics of the level that I wouldn't be shocked if there were people who actually did worship the show. You know, like "Hypnotize yourself to become a pony", "What would you do if the afterlife was Equestria?", and the countless topics about becoming ponies, visiting Equestria, etc.

So I'm kind of disagreeing with most of the posts I saw here. Sure, I haven't actually seen anybody worship the characters of the show, but... It seems that a portion of the fandom takes this show so seriously that honestly I would not be too surprised.

The "Equestrianism" religion (or whatever it was) in the religion topic seemed like a joke, but given the topics and posts I've seen made by fans of the show, maybe it's not completely one. Not that I care. Worship what you want. Just leave it out of our government. lol

• Brohoof 1

I thought this was going to be a topic on over-the-top obsession over the show, not actual worshipping.

Now, I haven't spent a whole lot of my time in the show section of this forum, but every time I do, I see topics of the level that I wouldn't be shocked if there were people who actually did worship the show. You know, like "Hypnotize yourself to become a pony", "What would you do if the afterlife was Equestria?", and the countless topics about becoming ponies, visiting Equestria, etc.

So I'm kind of disagreeing with most of the posts I saw here. Sure, I haven't actually seen anybody worship the characters of the show, but... It seems that a portion of the fandom takes this show so seriously that honestly I would not be too surprised.

The "Equestrianism" religion (or whatever it was) in the religion topic seemed like a joke, but given the topics and posts I've seen made by fans of the show, maybe it's not completely one. Not that I care. Worship what you want. Just leave it out of our government. lol

Honestly I think people take it too far though.

Like how you can't take a Bible to school.

Honestly I think people take it too far though.

Like how you can't take a Bible to school.

You can't take a Bible to school? That's news to me.

I don't remember that being the case when I was back in school several years back.

(But that's not what this topic is about, seriously. lol)