S04:E22 - Trade Ya  

264 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Put me in the "Meh" category for this episode.  I felt that it was an awfully boring plot with a lot of forced stuff in it, and unfortunately the "whack you over the head with the moral at the end" bit again.  Nothing really stood out to me plot-wise here.

Stuff I did like: The various self-references (the Discord lamps, the stone chickens, the Crazy Twilight photo, etc), and of course the wheelchair OC - I'd read about that before actually watching this episode, and I thought that was truly awesome. :)

I'm also glad to see Twilight actually BE a princess for once.

I didn't have high hopes going into this episode, but it surprised me in a very good way.  It's a very sweet episode with plenty of funny moments and a great moral. I would've liked it if Fluttershy had kept the Orthros, but after going through what she did, she deserved to be the only pony who traded for exactly what she wanted.

I thought it was funny When Rainbow Dash tried so hard to sell a rusty horseshoe and nopony else wanted it !  But what's confusing is Spike's Comic Book disappears in Power Ponies so makes me wonder how did he have another copy in this episode?

I thought it was funny When Rainbow Dash tried so hard to sell a rusty horseshoe and nopony else wanted it !  But what's confusing is Spike's Comic Book disappears in Power Ponies so makes me wonder how did he have another copy in this episode?

Comic books. In Equestria, as in our world...They print more than one! Spike collects Power Pony comics. That one single issue happened to be enchanted. Once it vanished, he probably bought another copy from a regular comic shop. Besides, how do you know it was the same issue?

I can't help wondering if "The House of Enchanted Comics" has an adult/hentai section.

Meh, it was okay.. But I liked the fact it was realeased on my b-day!! I turned 14. Ok enough about that. I like that the mane 6 are involved. The problem is that rainbow dash wants a signed daring do book.. I think? But the trader wants a thing to to get the book. So rainbow and FLUTTERSHY get the dog looking thing but the trader wants another thing.. And so on. It was kind of cliche because I think I've seen something like this happen in other series'. But I kind of liked it. Rarity and aj fought over what to get for themselves. I have to say, it was sorta funny...

Rate: 4/10

(edited)

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

• 4 weeks later...

You notice everypony is expressing different emotions in this episode? Well, Fluttershy never did. And she ended up with the thing she wanted-a bird call. Little hidden lesson there.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hated this episode for a few reasons;

Dash wanting to trade for a first edition Daring Do book, despite the fact that she KNOWS Daring personally, went on an adventure with her, AND was featured in the book written after the fact which was sent to her for FREE.

But, that could just be chalked up to Dash being written as an idiot (which unfortunately, seems to become a trend in both the comics and the show itself.)

The return of Pinkie Pie's attitude reaching the uncomfortable levels of dark in 'Filli Vanilli' when she threatens the filly and her behavior of making it a point to dress up and act like the Flim Flam brothers to get rid of Twilight's books and then using "Princess! Princess! Princess!" as a selling point.

Twilight's concept of 'fairness', I understand trying not to be bias when close friends are involved-but, Dash was obviously unsatisfied given how desperately she tried to fix her (insanely stupid) mistake AND the Daring Do fangirl who decided that the Orthros was crazy AFTER Fluttershy calmed it down, only wanted her to stay until the Orthros was trained-not forever, which is how it is treated by the episode.

So, because she's friends with Daring Do and was featured on a book means Dash isn't allowed to want to collect first editions of her favorite book series, or anything? What? That makes no sense. She may have gotten to go on an adventure with her and stuff, but I highly doubt she's now BFFs with her or whatever. She's still a fan, so she's not an "idiot" for being one. >.>

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to be insulting but rainbow dash wasn't kind

He wasn't that loyal either

RAINBOW DASH ABIDED THE LOYALTY RULE OH MY! Personally I don't think rainbow dash deserves to represent the element of loyalty.

*sigh* It's like Rainbow Dash can't ever make a mistake without getting hated for it. It's sad. Whenever Dash does something that's a little selfish, she's deemed "disloyal" and unworthy of her Element, and yet it seems like when the other characters act selfish (which they do) they don't get deemed "unkind" or "dishonest" or whatever. The only other one I can think of that gets similar treatment is Rarity, but it seems to happen more with Rainbow Dash than anyone else. :huh: Why? None of the ponies are meant to be perfect, so why does Dash get so much flack for making a mistake or showing her flaws. I just don't understand it. :(

• Brohoof 2

Sorry if I insulted you but SHE TRADED AWAY A FRIEND!!! Rainbow Dash is one of my favourite characters but she gained a bad reputation from some episodes she didn't show loyalty.

Rainbow dash should be the element of honesty because she's mighty honest. Like in boast busters

But she didn't do it intentionally! People act like she actively sought out to sell Fluttershy away or something. She wasn't paying attention. She was too busy eyeing that Daring Do book to realize what the lady said until after deal was done! Once she realized it, she IMMEDIATELY tried to fix it! If she wasn't loyal she wouldn't have BOTHERED to try and fix it at all! She also wouldn't have traded her Orthros for that bird whistle that Fluttershy wanted to make it up to her, which I thought was sweet. She screwed up and immediately went to Twilight to get her screw-up fixed.

All of the Mane 6 have lapsed on their Element, not just Dash. So, by that logic, NONE of them deserve their Elements. Twilight used magic for the wrong reasons in Lesson Zero, Pinkie wasn't promoting laughter and joy in Party of One, Rarity wasn't being very generous in Sweet and Elite, Fluttershy wasn't being very nice in Putting Your Hoof Down, and Applejack wasn't being very honest in Last Roundup. There's more episodes, of course, but those were the first that popped into my head. ALL OF THEM have done it. If they ALWAYS abided by their Elements 24/7, then it would be a very boring show! They're not supposed to embody their respective Elements perfectly because they're AREN'T perfect.

Dash happens to be my favorite character. Ever. So, I'm really sick and tired of Rainbow Dash getting flack for things that the other characters have done. Just because someone said that Rainbow Dash should be Honesty instead of Loyalty, doesn't mean it should be so; I wish that little idea would die because I think it's stupid. There's more to Honesty than being blunt, and there's more than one way to be Loyal. Loyal to your friends, loyal to your values, loyal to yourself.

Sorry if I sound angry, but this is just something that I've been wanting to get off my chest for a while now. I just wish some fans would have a little more empathy for Dash and stop pointing at every little negative thing she does and ignoring the good things.

*takes deep breath* Hoo, that felt good. :)

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...