Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Art style! Thoughts?

Foxx

Hey!

I want some of your honest thoughts, opinions and critiques on my slightly different art style. I am open to all ideas, so fire away!

post-20729-0-30466900-1398982087_thumb.png

• Brohoof 10

Well I cant to much make a critique on an art style as I can an art pice do to style being more of an opinionated appeal then something you can actually critique. It would be like telling somebody that they drew something wrong only to later find out that its not draw incorrectly but rather, its purposely drawn that way for an appeal.  :) 

How much it appeals to one person may drastically differ from another.

Though if you really want my opinion on the style itself, it look okay to me. The neck is a little bit thick and the body as well as her hind legs look a little wanky. I also don't care for how much shine you put in her hair as well as how much you exaggerated her horn.

Im a little hesitant on critiquing the art piece its self as a whole because I don't know exactly what you tried to stylize/did purposefully, compared to what you didn't.  :blush: 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Nice shading! Great mane and eyes. (I really like her mane :)) The only thing I'd complain is the flank: seems a bit too big for me. Work on proportions a bit next time, and it will be fine. (Unless it is meant to be that way.)

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty good. The style of the back leg strikes me as a bit awkward; it stays the same thickness rather than being thinner at the joint. That may be the desired style, but it seems a bit off, though as I look at it, it may be the angle. As far as style goes, I can give an opinion, but it's ultimately for you to decide what look you are going for. Less relevant to the question, her stance seems unbalanced, for lack of a better word; she would twist her body to get the right hoof in front of the left. Insignificant, and I may be seeing it wrong, but I just wanted to point it out. 

As for the style, I like it. The almost spectral look of the magic glow is cool, and I love how you use shading to show the shape of the body rather than lines, it works nicely. The texture and shininess of the hair also look good and work well with everything else, and the proportions look nicely; the image flows together nicely. Good work as well on the execution, the quality of the work looks very good.

I really like her hare and tail especially the bow in the tail(nice touch). The only problem that I have with it is the flank it looks too big or possibly the body too small something is definitely off though. But all in all I love the stile that you are going for.