Do you like the design of Twilight's Castle?

Azureth

Do you like the design of Twilight's Castle?  

79 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the design of Twilight's Castle?

• Not the best, but it looks okay.
    • I really hate it
    • Indifferent
    • I really like it

(edited)

I have heard many mixed feelings about it. Some really like it, some really hate it, and some are indifferent. What about you?

Edited by Azureth
  • Brohoof 2

One of the analysts, Digi I think, made the point that the treehouse was so iconic and so well done that the castle being less than amazing was a missed opportunity. Although we've not seen the whole inside it wasn't very homey and didn't reflect Twilight even as a princess. Plus it wasn't as beautiful or regal as the other castles. I agree that it was a miss, but hopefully it will be better as she makes it her own.

• Brohoof 1

Princess Twilight Sparkle: Princess of Friendship

Princess Luna: Princess of the Night

My short stories

Honestly.... The fact that her tree library is gone now really kinda makes me sad...

I never would have expected them to completely obliterate it the way they did. I think Twilights house was a very iconic part of the show and her home really suited her and her personality.

I like all the epic stuff they're doing to the characters, mainly Twilight, but at the same time I miss the season 1-season 2 vibe where it was more simple (I'm not sure if simple is the exact word I'm looking for here...)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

I'm not sure any castle would fit in with Ponyville, but it would be interesting to see how her castle fits in with the other three: Canterlot, Royal Sisters, and the Crystal Empire. I'd be interested in knowing why the artists did it like that, but my guess is they had to match the playset. :(

• Brohoof 1

Princess Twilight Sparkle: Princess of Friendship

Princess Luna: Princess of the Night

My short stories

I like the design of the castle and the fact its a tree much like her library, it's a shame her library is gone though, I really loved that library, but yeah the whole castle looks rather interesting in Ponyville, it sticks out.

• Brohoof 1

gMbgvX4.gif

(edited)

It's ok... I'll get used to it but I agree with some that it's too crystally, I was expecting something more on the lines of an actual tree with castle varients, but it just reminds me of the Crystal Empire, but meh I'll get used to it.

Edit: Also, it's kinda small isn't it? Compared to the Empire's castle and the Canterlot castle? Seems a bit small, but maybe its because of it located in Ponyville, it doesn't need to be that big but...meh guess I'm a bit picky.

Edited by Lightning Bliss
  • Brohoof 1

I'm just a silly little alicorn, trying to get by in the fandom ^^

sig-19227.SignatureAlicorn2_zpsb868001e.png

The Lightning Bliss Show

Lightning Bliss DevianArt

(edited)

I like the design of the castle, but it just doesn't fit with the architect design the rest of Ponyville shares with each other.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sQNoonHYl7w/U2_i-fRx4EI/AAAAAAABxYM/ZwhEXC2cQoM/s1600/tumblr_n5evs5yPl01r25bfeo1_400.png

Heck, an alternate designed castle EQD posted fits with Ponyville much better and I personally would've preferred that as it gives a sort of an impression the library tree was resurrected much better than ever rather than have a completely different tree in aesthetics to replace it.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 3

I think it's interesting, not really a good or bad thing. Just a change from what once was. It's well designed, at the very least. It will be interesting to see how Twilight responds long term to having such a seemingly non-homey home. I mean, everything just seems so huge. Compare it to the library, that seemed cozy in design.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like it, but it doesn't bother me.

It's a tree... Made of crystal. Like the Tree of Harmony... Oh... Have a cookie episode...

Not brilliant at all. Just okay.

On the other hand... It marks very clearly that the show is entering a new age, finally reaching Twilight. That is a good point to it.

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/32864/Metemponychosis

For dumb, self-important fics about mythology, ponies and fascist griffons that can't figure friendship out.

And I'm just getting started.

Though I get it's supposed to look like the Tree, for me it still looks far too Crystal Empire-ish, so it looks incredibly out of place. A bad-ass new castle/tree library hybrid would have worked just fine, and I doubt the little girls are going to give many shits as far as the toy goes, as long as you do it right.

• Brohoof 3

fSnYzne.png

It's okay.

It reminds me of a Zelda temple.

• Brohoof 1

Dolemite2.gif.1f535b74ff05826ca7dd78c9e5ec1078.gif                                                                              

Not one bit. The tree portion is okay, but the entire castle portion looks blatantly there to sell playsets. I think the animators could have come up with something A LOT better than what we go. Plus, if it had to be there at all, I feel like it should have been in the spot where the Golden Oaks Library was, instead of on the outside of Ponyville. 

fan_button__macindash_fan_by_silverroman

Love is a most potent magic

My FiMFiction | My DA | My Facebook

To be honest, if the Treehouse was destroyed and all those books gone, then what happens to the Ponyville Library? 

I wonder if her books reappeared in there. That would be interesting to know, especially when we find out how much they mean to her in "Trade Ya". I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Anywho, to me it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb as if its not supposed to be there or something.

Perhaps I will get used to it over time but something about it just looks... Wrong.

• Brohoof 2

post-26796-0-54896800-1416226304.png

Now with more added tea leaves!

My fantastic signature made by Gone Airbourne

I like the concept of it, but I'm still wondering why it's made of crystal...It's nice that it is still shaped like a tree, but the crystal just gives the impression of a cold, non-homely atmosphere. 

Tree Of Harmony. Nuff Said.

• Brohoof 1

rLOxYQL.gif

And I won't allow you to blind those who are important to me!

Looking for some friends to chat with? Join The Party Pony Plaza! Click Here!

Show me who I am HERE.

OCs: Faron Trail Burning Ash Wendy Skies

I like the look of it, but it doesn't fit with the rustic aesthetic the rest of the village has, it is an eyesore, and must be removed for the greater good.

I like how it looks but I agree that it doesn't really fit in with the other buildings in the neighborhood. I also think windows would look nicer than the dark gloomy doorways it currently has.

On 4/12/2014 at 0:00 AM, Miaq_The_Truthful said:

This is the internet, not reality.

It ah doesn't really fit in. But hey, it's a huge big castle. Still if they could've made it look more like something that'd fit into ponyville I'd like it more.

Don't be a dweeb

~Gilda

It's interesting, I like that it has thrones inside for all the main characters at least. We still haven't seen much of it though, nor do we know much about it, except that it seems to have been created from the Rainbow Power inside the chest of the Tree of Harmony. Very strange magic friendship magic is, no doubt we'll learn at least a little more about it next season. :)

It actually looks like the tree of harmony a bit :P

img-2630176-1-Tree_of_Harmony_closeup_S0

Coincidence? I think not. ;)

sig-592.Rx6YS0O.jpg

It really looks out of place and architecturally contrived, to be honest. The whole castle rubs me as a directive from Hasbro to give Twilight a place that can be marketed in pony playsets. If such is the case, then I don't completely blame DHX for the design.

I actually enjoy the symbolism of the old library, beautiful as it was, being destroyed and subsequently replaced. I just wish its replacement wasn't so dissonant with the rest of Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

pete-alonso1.jpg.f27295daeb2f61a9d83493a73c62079d.jpg

Domine, tu omnia nosti, tu scis quia amo te.