Do you like the design of Twilight's Castle?

Azureth

Do you like the design of Twilight's Castle?  

79 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the design of Twilight's Castle?

• Not the best, but it looks okay.
    • I really hate it
    • Indifferent
    • I really like it

(edited)

It is an amazing castle, but I'm not really sure if the thrones were such a good idea. I think they take away the slice-of-life theme from the show since the show becomes more about princesses than it does about a group of friends having good times together and learning lessons along the way. It's kind of like having all the characters from the show "Friends" become royalty.

Edited by LED Dasher

It is an amazing castle, but I'm not really sure if the thrones were such a good idea. I think they take away the slice-of-life theme from the show since the show becomes more about princesses than it does about a group of friends having good times together and learning lessons along the way. It's kind of like having all the characters from the show "Friends" become royalty.

I know what you're saying but AJ is still going to be running Sweet Apple Acres, Rarity will still be making dresses, and Pinkie will still throw her parties. This show has been spectacular at balancing slice of life and high adventure thus far and I think it will continue to do so.

It's just "slice of life" by it's nature, progresses slowly. Whereas High Fantasy can make leaps and bounds on the thematic scale. Them being a kind of Knightly Court is just something they do on the side besides their actual day to day lives.

• Brohoof 1

Something that's been met with a lot of hatred by the critics of the show is Twilight's new digs. I get what they say logically "it doesn't fit with the aesthetic of Ponyville" "it's just a playset," yadda yadda yadda.

But in my heart, I honestly don't care! It's KICK-ASS! I mean, the destruction of the library was a drastic move by DHX and definetly one of the big heart breaking moments for both Twilight and us, but I think it cemented Tirek as another big status quo changing element in this show's continual escalation of events.

I was flipping out when that palace came into being and was absolutely giddy when the castle was revealed to have COUNCIL SEATS! The Mane Six have graduated to the position held by Jedi Masters or the Knights of the Round! I love that Twilight has "traded up" so to speak, if this season was all about her acclimation to her role as Princess, the castle represents her finally settling into the part.

I understand I'm a minority and don't need everypony to share my view, just thought I would post my own opinion on the matter since no one else seems to be saying what I am.

img-2641164-1-post-25639-0-77932300-1400

God, so cool! :wub:

I love it too! I mean I thought I was the only one who thought that but we must be on the same page!

• Brohoof 1

I don't care what pony you like because I like everypony!

@Steel Accord, hiya :). Just letting you know that since your post and thread were made for sharing thoughts on Twilight's new castle, I've gone ahead and merged it with a thread where people were doing that. Just helps to keep the discussion all in one place :). And great post, I actually kind of like the look of the castle too. I'll always have a soft spot for the library tree, and I can't deny that I'll be missing it a lot, but the new castle is growing on me.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, its fine you asstards. If you haven't noticed the castle came from the chest, a sapling of the tree. Don't you think the castle looks the way it does because the tree looks all crystal like. So you'd think the castle would look like that you idiots. Plus it looks great anyway. Plus where the fuck else would she live. Fucking haters.

I think the tree of harmony turned into Twilight's castle^^ now seriously, I think it's totally awesome

sig-26587.sig-26587.sig-26587.sig-26587.

"Look and you will find the Hope amidst Sparkling Raindrops in a Sun Shower"

... as you may have guessed, I didn't come up with this sentence but randomly found it on the net. But I like it.

I think the concept is cool, it just doesn't look quite right.  just a house on top of a tree.  they should have made it more like the tree was forming into a house, idk.  it looks out of place in Ponyville as well.

Honestly I think the issue with the Castle has far more to do with the location they decide to place it in then the full design. I do think the artist will need to fix it somewhat since sadly it looks rather cold and sterile for a Castle of Friendship and Harmony.

However, I think the Castle would have looked fine if it had replaced the Two sister castle and stayed in the everfree forest. The purple and blue crystal vibe the castle would look at home in the somewhat dim forest where it could be a beacon in the dark, plus it would go along with the theme of the forest becoming more tame over the last few seasons. With the castle not plunuked down at the edge of ponyville is really looks like a crystal eyesore against the rustic and colorful pallet, and due to there being now other large buildings or landscaping around it, it really feels out of place as if it really had just magically air dropped into that location without landscaping or ascetics being taken into consideration.   

• Brohoof 2

My feelings on the destruction of the library aside, I rather like the castle tree thing she has now. It's a nice homage to the library and should serve well enough as a castle. Doesn't seem like the best place to put it, however. :huh:

sig-6104.5e1fEdB.png

Kyoshi made this ^^

Come join us on

Equestria.tv on Fridays at 6 PM Eastern for our weekly movie nights!

It's still there for the next season, and probably I would like this than the old library treehouse.

Princess Twilight Sparkle always do legendary stuff with magic in Equestria. Time to blast from the past.
img-25397-1-post-8308-0-57732400-1422393

~Allen
The V.I.P., The Legendary