Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random Pony Thought: Pinkies Power

ZukoIsBestPony

(edited)

So, I was re-watching the first mlp episode and I noticed something, when Pinkie was singing 'giggle at the ghostie' she was straight up changing the way the trees looked by laughing. And that got me thinking, wouldn't that be the best and most terrifying power for anypony to have?! Being able to laugh at something scary and turn it into something non scary. Like, a serial killer comes up to you with a knife and you start cracking up and he turns into something nonthreatening like, a cupcake. Personally I would be scared. Kind of like 'don't freak this person out, or I'll become a teddy bear. Thoughts?

Edited by HarmoniousWhovian

I don't think I could laugh when someone was trying to kill me, I would be terrified. So for me, it would not be that useful. I'm afraid of the dark, been since I was a kid and I don't think it will go away. I couldn't possibly laugh when entering a dark room.

Well in that specific case I think the trees were some sort of emotionally based magic that could be defeated by getting over the fear of them, which Pinkie helped the girls do by teaching them to laugh off worry and doubt, etc. Heaven knows magic in Equestria is primarily emotion based. But I don't think she can do that in most cases. Else, she probably could have laughed Discord into submission before she was corrupted by his power.

Above all else it was metaphorical representation via song. It wasn't really any sort of magical power. She changed the way they looked at things and the imagery changed to represent that. It's showmanship, not in-universe magic.

Above all else it was metaphorical representation via song. It wasn't really any sort of magical power. She changed the way they looked at things and the imagery changed to represent that. It's showmanship, not in-universe magic.

^ This

The fear is scarier than what you are actually afraid of.

I know all that, I'm simply musing on how cool a power like that would be. 

I know all that, I'm simply musing on how cool a power like that would be.

Isn't that precisely what Rarity had in Inspiration Manifestation? The ability to change something into a more likable form. Even if it was fueled by dark magic... :lol:

That's not true - just before they encounter that clump of trees, we see the mist from Nightmare Moon dissipating into them. Remember it? It also caused the cliff to fall/agitated the Manticore/became the Shadowbolts etc. MLP Wikia also quotes the trees as having been enchanted by Nightmare Moon.

Pinkie Pie broke the enchantment by removing all sense of fear from her friends with her song. :)

That's not true - just before they encounter that clump of trees, we see the mist from Nightmare Moon dissipating into them. Remember it? It also caused the cliff to fall/agitated the Manticore/became the Shadowbolts etc. MLP Wikia also quotes the trees as having been enchanted by Nightmare Moon.

Pinkie Pie broke the enchantment by removing all sense of fear from her friends with her song. :)

I actually hadn't thought of that. Guess I was wrong then. :lol:

(edited)

Like, a serial killer comes up to you with a knife and you start cracking up and he turns into something nonthreatening like, a cupcake.

I'm sorry, but I don't see a problem with your thought. ^^"

This is just me, but I would think if a serial killer were coming at me with a knife, and he turned into a cupcake from Pinkie's adorable laughter, I don't think I would consider that a bad thing. ^^"

Edited by Adorkable

Also, Pinkie really don't have those powers, it's just that the dark night, along with the shadows played upon the ponies fears, making them turn non scary things into things that in that situation seemed scary, so when they laughed, it brought up their mood enough to where everything seemed brighter and not so scary. :lol: