Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Audio nuts, I need new headphones

Viscra Maelstrom

Yeah, this is nothing I can put aside now, I REALLY need new headphones, as well as getting contacts to fix the only functional ones left, one which I use now. Thing is, I don't know WHAT kind of headphones, so I'm looking for suggestions. Any kind of them will do, but since I'm mostly using them outside and such, I think that some decent silicone earbuds would be the best bet. I don't know what type to get, though.

What should I get?

It would help a lot if we knew what price range you were looking at. The recommendations you'd get for $600-$1000 would be quite different from the recommendations for $10-$20. :P

If you're looking for something relatively cheap but still high quality, though, I can personally vouch for the iFrogz Timbres (which I recall mentioning to you on another thread). $40 regular price, but you can find them cheaper sometimes.

Posted Image

The sound quality is absolutely pristine, bass is neither weak nor overpowered, and the earpieces contact your eardrums and form a seal, blocking external noise. Since I got my pair, I've found that I can listen to music at half the volume that I used to with an old pair of stock iPhone buds and hear it better, too. Let's also be honest here: it isn't every day that you see headphones with an attractive wood exterior like these.

Amazon has them for about half price right now. Might wanna take a look: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B002F2G33E/

Yes, I recall you mentioning them before. They seem to be a pretty good deal. From how much experience are you speaking about this, also?

If I can get some kind of money for this, and if there's no other suggestions, I think I might consider these.

Yes, I recall you mentioning them before. They seem to be a pretty good deal. From how much experience are you speaking about this, also?

If I can get some kind of money for this, and if there's no other suggestions, I think I might consider these.

I've been using mine since spring or so this year. Don't remember exactly when I got them, but it was probably sometime between February and April. Never had any issues, and I've used them for everything from the 20-minute walk home from school to watching movies, writing music, and playing video games.

I don't consider myself a "heavy" headphones user by any means, but I'm happy with my Timbres and they haven't failed me yet.

One thing worth noting is that they're available both with a mic and without. I've heard that the with-mic version isn't as sturdy, so you might want to grab the no-mic version if you don't need it for hands-free phone calls. This is only what I've heard, though - I've only ever used the no-mic ones personally.

I've been using Beat's by Dre earphones for the past year. The audio quality's fantastic and the no tangle chord's a pretty convenient feature too. Comes with your typical noise cancelling and bass boost features, as well as a playback control feature for switching songs / adjusting volume. Oh and a one year warranty too.

Posted Image

If you're looking for extremely high fidelity however, i'd go for sennheiser's HD 800 headphones, although they're pretty pricy to say the least.

Posted Image

Edited by Swoop

Looks like somepony was listening to Fluttershy too much and broke their headphones...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjWqTLWYERc&feature=related

I'm not really much into music, so I couldn't tell you which headphones are the best. When I need headphones, I usually just go with the crappiest and cheapest ones I can find (or go through our garage...:D), because I don't care too much about sound quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHM40FS-Precision-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0002D03ZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320679557&sr=8-1

Audio-Technica ATHM40FS.

I typically go for open back headphones, but if you're going to be out and about while using them, that may not be the best option. List price is $150, but Amazon currently has them for $53. Audio-Technica is a good company, and one that you won't end up paying more for the brand name than the audio quality. It also has field serviceable parts (cables, drivers and ear pads), so home repair for certain issues won't be a massive pain in the neck.

I know several people that have this particular model, and they're all quite happy with it, though they may be a bit bulkier than you'd prefer since you plan on using them on the go; most people I know use them for their PCs.

At the moment i have these: http://www.mytrendyphone.dk/shop/sennheiser-mx-271-48091p.htm They're very cheap, and the sound is very good in them. I'm thinking of getting the Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD, though. http://www.beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5800&cat=1

Arent those ear/headphone's (I forget) pretty expensive? -- Also another question, What would you guys reccomend for blowing yer eardrums out loud earphones thats still great quality? Im a super dramatic earphone user and I listen to my music full volume. Edited by Proto-12

Arent those ear/headphone's (I forget) pretty expensive? -- Also another question, What would you guys reccomend for blowing yer eardrums out loud earphones thats still great quality? Im a super dramatic earphone user and I listen to my music full volume.

Which ones of them ? The Beats by dr dre ? :'D

Yeah, they are quite expensive, compared to the sennheiser i linked :P

Yeah haha. I saw those at staples for like $100 and I think $150-200 for the headphone's

Best Set of earphones I had are from the 90s. They are wireless and after you use them for an hour, you can see eternity !!! (yes, those headphones make you so dizzy, that you start to hallucinate) :lol:

Welp, my father brought home some new headphones today that sound and work fine. So problem resolved.

THREAD'S OVER FOLKS GO HOME NOTHING MORE TO SEE HERE NOPE NOTHING AT ALL.

...although I will keep an eye on what was suggested here for future references. Feel free to recommend anything else if there's anything more. Thanks for the help, everypony! Now to waste money on music again...! =P

• Brohoof 1