Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What headphones do you use?

Lisa

I use a pair of Sennheiser Cx 5.00i Earphoens for when I'm out and about, A reallly old pair of Beats (Pro DETOX Edition to be exact, yes I know...), and A kinda old pair of monitoring headphones when I'm producing music n stuffs.

I got this pair of Logitech g633 Artemis Spectrum in exchange of a pair of Razer Blackshark (wasn't satisfied with the general sound and comfort AFAIK).

sig-4587181.sig-4587181.26-197-105-09.jp

At first, I was not comfortable in them, so I thought of changing the ear pads with the ones that I had with this Logitech g430 headset:

sig-4587181.sig-4587181.img-3575941-1-g4

I thought the ear pads would never fit, but surprise! They did fit! At first, I felt more comfortable but since the other pads had fabric filters and these ones did not, I felt the speakers on my ears and I thought of putting soft fabric in the inside of both cavities in order to cover those pesky speakers, but, turned out that I didn't need to that, because I got used to it as time went on. So yeah, i'm pretty satisfied with those slighty modded headphones.

The actual headset is good, and does the job with it's good sound and not that bad of a mic that surely tops the mic I had on that G430. The G430 still had better comfort though, but I'm getting used to the G633.

Whoa, those are sick.

I forgot exactly what my headphones are called, but they're yellow and they have grey circles on the outside for looks. My brother got it for me for Christmas, but then I moved my foot and I kicked the wire while it was plugged in so now it's less perfect than it used to be. It damaged my 3DS headphone jack.

• 6 years later...

JVC super bass wired headphones - I use it mainly for anything that doesn't require a mic on my computer

RUNMUS gaming headset with noise cancellation - I use it mainly for activities that require a mic on both Xbox One and computer

• 4 months later...

I pretty much only use headphones for my music work so these are more focused on that. I also have a pair of studio monitors/speakers, KRK Rokit Classic 5 G3, but I can't use them often due to my weird work schedule. Coming home at night and wanting to do music when midnight rolls around doesn't allow me to use them during those hours which is a shame. I live with my mom and she likes peace and quiet while sleeping of course so headphones are pretty much all I can use for the time being. Rarely when I'm at home during the day can I use them. :mlp_maud:

I've been using these Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's for a while. The 250 Ohm version was cheaper at the time I got them and does what I need it to do. And, it's quite comfy for longer sessions.

Spoiler

Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 Ohm PRO Studio Mixing Headphones - Newegg.com

I've been using the Sony MDR-7506 for longer though but it's honestly not too good for me for long-term monitoring as it gets quite uncomfortable. Otherwise it's good for what it has to offer like quick monitoring.

Spoiler

Sony MDR-7506/1 Professional Headphone, Black ,Pack of 1 : Amazon.co.uk:  Musical Instruments & DJ

For daily, casual listening I use the Lypertek Pureplay Z3 2.0. They're not the same kind of headphones above as they are in-ear monitors (IEMs) but I do like them.

Spoiler

81e6hEB2Z3S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My dream headphones though are the Neumann NDH-20 and AIAIAI TMA-2 Studio Wireless+, the moment I heard of and saw these they jumped to the top of my dream list. The Neumann's look great, apparently fairly good factory frequency curves etc. The AIAIAI's especially are interesting considering "very low latency" and "wireless" don't really come together very well. I believe they're also modular as well. One day I shall get you both! :yay:

Spoiler

Silver Over The Head Neumann NDH 20 Studio Headphone For Monitoring at Rs  31000 in Chennai

AIAIAI TMA-2 Studio Wireless+ – Thomann UK

those silly razer cat ear headphones bc im cringe (the black version with customized purple lights)

for wireless i use galaxy buds 2 bc theyre purple and match my purple galaxy phone

i dont need anything super fancy i just like buying things in purple :]

• Brohoof 1

MB Quart QP 805 HS, I bought them in 2008 and use them pretty much every day. The sound quality is good and the headphones are quite durable, though the jacket of the cable is going bad a bit. 

I also have Koss Porta Pro for when I am outside, bought them in 2009 or so, but I do not use them very often.

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

MB Quart QP 805 HS, I bought them in 2008 and use them pretty much every day. The sound quality is good and the headphones are quite durable, though the jacket of the cable is going bad a bit. 

I also have Koss Porta Pro for when I am outside, bought them in 2009 or so, but I do not use them very often.

Wow, keep those cans living as long as you can! :eager:

On 2023-05-16 at 11:13 PM, Trot Shuffle said:

Wow, keep those cans living as long as you can! :eager:

I intend to. I bought them specifically for their durability after having some headphones break rather easily. I saw a Youtube video where the guy demonstrating these puts them on the ground and stands on them. So far, some decorative elements have failed (the plastic just fell apart due to age) and I had to replace the pads once. The cable is made from thick plastic, I never had to replace the plug, but it looks like the plastic has hardened over time and now the cable is prone to breaking (the outer jacket breaks the wires inside stay intact), so I usually just put electrical tape over the break.

• Brohoof 1