Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What headphones do you use?

Lisa

I used to use Turtle Beach X12. I was using them for a while and then the audio became choppy. I found out that one of the wires were broken, so that quickly became a problem. I'm deciding whether to buy another pair of X12 or a different pair of headphones all together.

Just retired my old ATH-M45s and replaced them with ATH-M50s. Man, I should have gotten these first. It's a $60 price difference, but man, these headphones are tits.

I use Somic G927 headphones.

Original-Super-Quality-Somic-G927-Stereo

They're 7.1 surround sound and are very comfortable to wear. Unidirectional mic captures audio really good. It's also USB.

The only bad thing about it is that it makes a low white noise all the time (because of the computer working). And the volume is a bit too sensitive. Like, I have to keep my computer volume real low and adjust the volume of every program all the time. But it's worth it for a 7.1 surround experience.

Lately I've been using some vintage headphones.Ever since I got a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter for them a week or so ago.....

they're Realistic Nova Pros...and they are orgasmic. best headphones I've owned  to be honest. The sound is so crisp and clear, even after them sitting in a box for 20+ years

post-16340-0-61524200-1377465284_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-76524500-1377465340_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I've got a pair of iFrogs.  They are the best set of ear-buds I've ever had the pleasure of owning.  The sound quality is unbelievable.  

Edited by Dusty Soul

I forget these are called, but they're pretty damn good for something I got for $5 at the check-out at Wal-Mart(and they don't look bad either)

557412_706548702695665_1300772229_n.jpg

and a set of these(I think these are the same model, their a phone headset with a built in pause/answer call button). They're pretty nice as well.

315ygUaaC4L.jpg

Im a straight up Skullcandy fanboy, so I normally use their brand. Right now ive got some Supreme Hesh for overhead and some Titans for in ear.

I plan to get some Plyr1's eventually for gaming also.

In time i'm going to try the new CRUSH-R's (I don't say crusher since crush-r sounds better) against the Ps3 Pulse wireless headset and the V-Moda Crossfade LP's. May the best bassheavy headphone win :3

• Brohoof 1

Currently, I use some terrible nameless brand that my mom got for me to upgrade my even MORE terrible headset before that.

The headset before the one I currently use was infamous among my 10 and 25 man raid teams (I no longer raid 25s) for the "submarine." Sometimes when I spoke, instead of words, the sound would sort of be like a submarine's OOOOLOOOOOOLOOOOOOLOOOOOOLOOOOOO

My current headset is a USB one. It's okay, but doesn't fit around my ears, is closed yet doesn't cancel noise (due to the first problem), and recently has taken to sending through large bursts of static if I so much as look at the USB insert wrong. I've had them for two years, and I've decided that I'm going to upgrade this Christmas to these things:

square_louped_PC-350-SE-sq-01-sennheiser

This is a Sennheiser PC 350 Special Edition (SE) headset. I poked around for a long time on MMO-champ to see what was what in the headset "world," after taking a recommendation from my guild master for the Razer Megalodon. Reading a lot of comments on the site about how Razers were of mediocre quality (they're insanely fragile) and often overpriced for what they offer, I decided to look into other brands that people had mentioned - specifically, Logitech and Sennheiser. While I had seen mixed reviews for Logitech headsets, I saw only positive things about Sennheiser - in particular, the PC 360 model, which is the most badass headset they offer, apart from the PC 350SE.

The only difference between the two, as far as I can see, is that the 360 is not noise cancelling, whereas the PC 350 SE is. Noise cancellation is something I was looking for in my next headset, since I often bothered those around me when I listened to loud music.

I know headphones are where true audiophile nirvana is, but I'm lazy and don't really feel like getting a separate microphone. While the pricetag on the PC 350 SE is quite high ($250), I get 300 for my birthday and Christmas, so I don't really much care. Since I don't care for surround sound (it's simulated in a headset anyway - two speakers), often play in noisy environments, and don't wish to disturb others with my own noise, these are on my wishlist for sure.

I have 2 headsets, one for using on my PC and the other for my Xbox.

My PC headset:

a50_pdp_image.jpg

My Xbox Headset:

pdp_a40_wired_astro_white_1.jpg

They are by far the best headsets i have ever owned, my last PC headset was a Razer Tiamat 7.1 which i sent back on the first day of having them for being so terrible, before that i had a Razer Megaladon which was great. My previous Xbox headset was a Turtlebeach PX21, they sucked.

• 7 months later...

My dream is to buy Razer Kraken Forged Edition (300$) but cant afford it. I got Logitech G230 atm its awesome for 70$ really gives HQ sound.

G230:

g230-gaming-headset-images.png

Razer:

razer-kraken-forged-edition-gallery-04.p

So what is your dream Headphone or Headset? Already got it? What is the Headphone your using right now? Post it bellow!

• Brohoof 4

I don't really care about headphones. I just buy the cheap earbuds and when they break I buy them again. I have better things to buy like shoes and shirts. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Trust me a Gamer needs one ;)

What a gamer needs is a good computer; I think headphones would be a luxury, not a need. I can play games just fine without them.

(edited)

Haha, I got the model one up. I managed to get myself the G430 which is pretty much the same thing, but blue and with an external sound card for virtual surround sound (on windows)

g430-gaming-headset-images.png

I managed to find a refurbished model for $50, I considered it a fantastic deal and I've been quite happy with it since. It was the cheapest offer for that model I could find. It had overall positive reviews and I very much liked the aesthetics. 

I don't really have a dream headset, these are good enough and I'm just too cheap to get anything more expensive than $100! It would probably be some kind of headphone that goes over the ears though. It's a lot more comfortable for me that way, I find. I would also aim for one with an off-brand as opposed to the more popular brands. Not because I'm a hipster, but because they likely are on par in quality for less money.

Edited by Celtore

(edited)

Haha, I got the model one up. I managed to get myself the G430 which is pretty much the same thing, but blue and with an external sound card for virtual surround sound (on windows)

g430-gaming-headset-images.png

I managed to find a refurbished model for $50, I considered it a fantastic deal and I've been quite happy with it since. It was the cheapest offer for that model I could find. It had overall positive reviews and I very much liked the aesthetics. 

I don't really have a dream headset, these are good enough and I'm just too cheap to get anything more expensive than $100! It would probably be some kind of headphone that goes over the ears though. It's a lot more comfortable for me that way, I find. I would also aim for one with an off-brand as opposed to the more popular brands. Not because I'm a hipster, but because they likely are on par in quality for less money.

Only difference is G430 is Surround and G230 is Stereo, also that price is awesome! G430 for 50$ Whoah! I wanted to buy Tt Esports SHOCK Blasting Red but they told me that they are out of stock, so i got G230 and im happy i buyed it :-D

Edited by Twilightlicous
  • Brohoof 1

As a musician I'm more in the market for speakers than headphones. I've got a nice, sturdy, decent response pair of AKGs already that I currently mix on and use for general listening and the like. Beyond that headphones are inferior. They stunt the full width spectrum of a mix.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What a gamer needs is a good computer; I think headphones would be a luxury, not a need. I can play games just fine without them.

I usually play for 5+ hours in 1 sit so cheap ones start to hurt your ears, thats why i choose to buy Gaming Headsets.

Edited by Twilightlicous
  • Brohoof 1