Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What headphones do you use?

Lisa

A wireless Logitech G930. Battery lasts for a long while and it flattens out pretty good for travel with my laptop while still being puffy enough to not hurt my ears, great volume control, and it comes with a little program to change voices.

I get cheap dollar ones from the public library.  They break easily, but like I said they're cheap.  What's interesting is that every single time I get a new pair it sounds just a little bit different from the last one I got.  I like that really.

I use a pair of HD 205's from Sennheiser. They're a cheap pair, but very high quality. I've tried comparing them to a pair of those Beats, and my HD 205's were about even with them (if not better). Which is quite sad considering they cost me about sixty bucks.

The next pair I'll be getting is a set of HD 25's from Sennheiser. They're pricey, but I've heard the quality is legendary.

• Brohoof 1

Beats by Dr. Dre. biggrin.png

Those headphones are the most pathetic piece of technology I've ever seen. The sound quality on them is absolutely horrid.

• Brohoof 2

philips-sports-in-ear-headphones.jpg

These are by far the best headphones ever. Sure, they might not last very long but they're cheap and the quality of their sound is second to none imo.

• Brohoof 1

Those headphones are the most pathetic piece of technology I've ever seen. The sound quality on them is absolutely horrid.

Uhmmm.. Nope! :) The worst and most pathetic piece of "technology" would actually be the tools cavemen used in the Stone Age... Yep. :P

Beats by Dre Studios (And not the fake ones)

Reminds me of this image

enhanced-buzz-3324-1373037786-12.jpg

Anyway, I use the very standard Sennheiser CX215. Doesn't sound as amazing as people say but it still does the job. Find the contoured finger grip kind of pointless though.

Sennheiser HD-25-1 II. Pretty good for their price point. They have small connectors between the cable and the actual earphones that tend to glitch though.

When I'm out listening to music on my phone I use Sennheiser CX 300 II earbuds. Once again, pretty good for their price point.

Weeeeeell, I used to use a pair of Sonic the Hedgehog headphones, buuuuuuut they broke. Sega, you cheap bastards...

So I use this headset that my mother used to use at work:

9n2j8.png

I can live with the quality, but I produce music, so I could really use a better pair.

I have a few different sets for different occasions... For gaming I'm using a Corsair vengeance 1500 headset until I get a proper 7.1 system to use with my new machine. For when I'm listening to music I have a pair of sennheiser hd 202-IIs that I love to death, and for when I'm not at home I have a set of LG bluetooth earbuds.

(edited)

On the computer:

Razer Megalodon headset for when I'm using Vent or gaming at night, the 7.1 is a plus and works pretty well in most games.

MP3s and such:

Razer Orca headphones with leather cushions when I want to listen to music or whatever and need to hear what is going on around me.

Zagg SmartBuds for when I don't need to hear whats going on around me.

Crappy Apple earbuds when at work or in busy public areas because I don't care if they get lost, damaged, or stolen.

Would really like to replace the Orcas with something more DJ style with the big durable coil cord, but I'll survive till they die. They way I treat my electronics though they will still be working long after I pass.

Edited by Puddlejumper

(edited)

Well, I'm not an audiophile or anything, so I just use a cheap pair of Sennheiser HD 201's. They're not OMG TEH GRAYTEST HEDPHONS EVAAARRR, but they get the job done, which is all I need.

Actually, they're very good, one of my favourite pair of cans, and I consider myself to know about sound. I'm now on a pair of HD205s.

Edited by RadioUser

I just use these Sony earbuds that I got for like $15, they are actually pretty decent for being so cheap, I don't need super expensive headphones, that's just a waste of money.

I use a pair of Philips SHB9100's, after my Philips Shibuya's drivers blew. They cost me £80, but after my experience with their other headphones, it was safe to say that I wouldn't be disappointed. And I wasn't!

They look snazzy, feel comfortable to wear, and can be used wirelessly (although they sound better through-the-wire obviously). Sound quality is really good as well; nice frequency range, allowing for easy hearing of low sub-basses and high/mid sounds, and they feel much more robust than the previous headphones I had, with plastic covering a re-adjustable aluminium strip. They also have features to skip songs and change the volume, but these can only be used when in wireless mode. Battery life is about 7-8 hours in-use after a single charge, which is pretty good, but I honestly don't use wireless at all, seeing as on devices other than an iPod the sound quality AND the responsiveness are off-putting.

So tl;dr...

+ Look snazzy; feel comfy

+ Wired or Wireless

+ Good sound quality

+ Strong and robust

+ Good battery life for Wireless mode

- Wireless mode decreases sound quality and responsiveness significantly

- Skipping/Volume features don't work in Wired mode

Oh, and here's a picture of them :3

philips_shb9100.jpg

(edited)

Gaming headset I use a set of Tritton AX120s 

tritton-ax-120-headset.jpg

I really like them, I only paid $30 for them online. Better than the TBs I had before. r. it's got an inline pod, for separate chat volume and game volume controls. which is great. these also have a detachable mic, which was a HUGE bonus for me. that means I can detach it and use them like a regular set of headphones plugged into my iPod or computer. The headphones also detach form the inline pod so you don't have a bulky box hanging from your head. I've had these for about 6 months.

Only problem I had, was the mic died, but Tritton replaced it free of charge.

for Active wear, I like tunes when I"m biking sometimes....so I got a pair of bluetooth Headrush headphones...small, compact and an 8hr battery life.they aslo charge by USB. great, I've had no problems with the, I've had them for about 4 years

85645195.jpg

Edited by Flutter Dash

None right now, but the last ones I had were Canyon CNR-HS7 headphones. I actually had two of those, both lasted for around a year, then I lost sound on the left side.

(edited)

HD_439_new.jpg

I use Sennheiser HD439. They're extremely comfortable but they don't have as much bass as I wanted. Also, the plug is broken so the sound quality is highly degraded unless I force the plug to be in a specific position. I'm likely to buy another pair of headphones sometime in the future.

Edited by 115Predator

(edited)

Sennhieser 205 HD's

Sennhiester.jpg

I like them because they have nice noise reduction and frequency response. That and their reasonably cheap for what they do. I did however underestimate the length of the usb wire. It's a nuisance to try and stay untangled sometimes lol.

Edited by Trickiert

I have a pair of Bose OE-2 headphones, and these are just amazing.  I like them because of how crisp and clear the sound quality is, music, movies, everything sounds great.  They're also lightweight, they fold for easier transportation, and they're comfortable.  Sure they cost $150, but it's well worth it, I highly recommend these.

Bose-OE2-headphones-black.jpg

I currently use Sennheiser HD 202, they have been working very well for me and I like them. I also have the new apple ear buds they are very good too. I don't really think too much about headphones, they are cool and all but when it comes to music I prefer car setups. I like subwoofers, if the ground ain't shaking you know you are doing something wrong. ;)

I posted a picture of them in this thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/54809-post-a-picture-of-your-headphones/

These. The 'behind head head/neck' style for headphones is what I've been using for years now. They're far more convenient than on top of the head headphones, because you can lay back against something without them being pushed forwards or backwards as easily. And...I despise ear buds as well, because the sensation of having something inside my ear just annoys me.

Sony-MDR-G75LW-Behind-the-Neck-Stereo-He

• Brohoof 1