Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Amazing song bass boosted by me

simply creative

• 2 weeks later...

Why? I don't understand why people like bass-boosting music and re-releasing it when it totally ruins the dynamics and mixing of the original song and makes it clip terribly. Personal preference is cool but that's why you can get EQ mixer apps.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Why? I don't understand why people like bass-boosting music and re-releasing it when it totally ruins the dynamics and mixing of the original song and makes it clip terribly. Personal preference is cool but that's why you can get EQ mixer apps.

Not to mention if you play it in any run of the mill speaker system (a car's system for example) it'll sound sub-par

• Brohoof 1

I don't listen to music on earpods I listen music throug my cars stereo which has been heavily upgraded

Here is a picture

post-30218-0-67269600-1418699603_thumb.png

Now I've spent allot of money on this system, but if the music dosent make my subwoofers kick. That's when bass boost comes into play.

Even in my home the surround sound system I installed barely makes my woofer kick.

So basically bass boost is designed for multiple speakers and a subwoofer.

Not for cheap earpods or laptop speakers.

• Brohoof 2

I don't listen to music on earpods I listen music throug my cars stereo which has been heavily upgraded

Here is a picture

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-12-11-21-54-48.png

Now I've spent allot of money on this system, but if the music dosent make my subwoofers kick. That's when bass boost comes into play.

Even in my home the surround sound system I installed barely makes my woofer kick.

So basically bass boost is designed for multiple speakers and a subwoofer.

...don't make me say it!!!!!...

(holds breath for a few seconds...)

-breaths out-

whoo...okay.

Now....please don't take this as rage/stuck-up-ness/etc.

But I'm afraid that makes no sense whatsoever. No matter HOW GOOD your stereo is, (and trust me, as someone who's been DJing/doing shows for almost 12 years, and producing records for 5, I've seen just about every type of sound system there is) it really all comes down to preference...you can't "remaster" a master...you can't properly "boost" a song...(no offense to OP, there's people who like that kind of stuff, as always just a preference...) but as a producer, as someone who knows the technical side as well as musical...the BEST type of sound always comes from a really good master. You need flat response to hear EVERYTHING going on in the track, not just the bass...what is flat response?

In producing flat response basically means uncoloured sound. The sounds are balanced, equal, the soundstage is phenomenal, and clear. The bass isn't muddy/overpowering, the mids are for-front, and the highs sparkle, everything is raw, and where it should be. And you might be thinking, "well yeah that's good for acoustic/vocal stuff" but no...electronic music too. In fact, ESPECIALLY electronic music...I swear, I'll take a properly mixdown'd/mastered track in 44.1 WAV, over a 256kbps boosted mp3 any day. 

if you want the best "bass performance," at least just get the original 320 mp3/wav and use your car's EQ...if you change the actual audio file itself, it won't sound right, on basically anything.

Now let me be fair, I used to be just like that when I started, more bass...more volume, moar moar moar! I collected speakers, built a sub-wall of 34 individual cones, running off of 3 high powered amps!

But it didn't matter how good my setup is, how bassey it was...it's all in the mixdown/mastering/quality of the song...

As I said, it comes down to preference, and if boosted rips sound good to you, then you're welcome to it, there's tons of them on the internet, (granted this was one of the better ones)

but don't be like, "I don't listen to music on earpods I listen music through my cars stereo which has been heavily upgraded" and "Bass boost is designed for multiple speakers and a subwoofer.

Not for cheap earpods or laptop speakers."

because that's false, your stereo could have the best frequency response range EVER and it wouldn't do a single thing. Would it sound better than a speaker with small freq response? yeah probably...but that's like saying if you put a dead skunk on your kitchen table, and covered it with sprinkles and 1 dollar bills, it'd be more pleasing...well yeah, you could buy a sandwich with the dollar bills but you've still got a dead skunk stinkin up your kitchen!  If you want "real bass boost" get yourself a proper amp, separate your channels, and listen to good quality wavs/320's that have been properly mixed/mastered, you'll be amazed by the difference.

I didn't mean to go on a rant, and I'm no means a genius/expert on this...but I've had a ton of experience in the field, and I'd just like to share it.

• Brohoof 5

...don't make me say it!!!!!...

(holds breath for a few seconds...)

-breaths out-

whoo...okay.

Now....please don't take this as rage/stuck-up-ness/etc.

But I'm afraid that makes no sense whatsoever. No matter HOW GOOD your stereo is, (and trust me, as someone who's been DJing/doing shows for almost 12 years, and producing records for 5, I've seen just about every type of sound system there is) it really all comes down to preference...you can't "remaster" a master...you can't properly "boost" a song...(no offense to OP, there's people who like that kind of stuff, as always just a preference...) but as a producer, as someone who knows the technical side as well as musical...the BEST type of sound always comes from a really good master. You need flat response to hear EVERYTHING going on in the track, not just the bass...what is flat response?

In producing flat response basically means uncoloured sound. The sounds are balanced, equal, the soundstage is phenomenal, and clear. The bass isn't muddy/overpowering, the mids are for-front, and the highs sparkle, everything is raw, and where it should be. And you might be thinking, "well yeah that's good for acoustic/vocal stuff" but no...electronic music too. In fact, ESPECIALLY electronic music...I swear, I'll take a properly mixdown'd/mastered track in 44.1 WAV, over a 256kbps boosted mp3 any day. 

if you want the best "bass performance," at least just get the original 320 mp3/wav and use your car's EQ...if you change the actual audio file itself, it won't sound right, on basically anything.

Now let me be fair, I used to be just like that when I started, more bass...more volume, moar moar moar! I collected speakers, built a sub-wall of 34 individual cones, running off of 3 high powered amps!

But it didn't matter how good my setup is, how bassey it was...it's all in the mixdown/mastering/quality of the song...

As I said, it comes down to preference, and if boosted rips sound good to you, then you're welcome to it, there's tons of them on the internet, (granted this was one of the better ones)

but don't be like, "I don't listen to music on earpods I listen music through my cars stereo which has been heavily upgraded" and ""

Bass boost is designed for multiple speakers and a subwoofer.

because that's false, your stereo could have the best frequency response range EVER and it wouldn't do a single thing. Would it sound better than a speaker with small freq response? yeah probably...but that's like saying if you put a dead skunk on your kitchen table, and covered it with sprinkles and 1 dollar bills, it'd be more pleasing...well yeah, you could buy a sandwich with the dollar bills but you've still got a dead skunk stinkin up your kitchen!  If you want "real bass boost" get yourself a proper amp, separate your channels, and listen to good quality wavs/320's that have been properly mixed/mastered, you'll be amazed by the difference.

I didn't mean to go on a rant, and I'm no means a genius/expert on this...but I've had a ton of experience in the field, and I'd just like to share it.

How can i be wrong when I said Bass boost is designed for multiple speakers and a subwoofer.

Not for cheap earpods or laptop speakers. Its true and you know it.

Heck ill be surprised if the earplugs don't blow.

So basically what your saying is that playing a bass boost song on your earplugs will sound fine and not distorted and or crackled.

You can't not have the same sound experience. with just headphones. It will not be the same.

as for my amp Its a massive 3500 watt amp. It takes up so much power i also needed to run two capacitor. just to make my subwoofers work.

​This is not the first setup I've installed so I'm sure they have the right amount of juice for them to work.

You mentioned that the song needs to be balanced which is wrong. why does rap have so much bass. without altering the song in any way even changes  from equalizers.

I may be wrong (again) but at the end of the day we both learn something new.

Edited by DR0ID-P0N3

How can i be wrong when I said Bass boost is designed for multiple speakers and a subwoofer.

Not for cheap earpods or laptop speakers. Its true and you know it.

Heck ill be surprised if the earplugs don't blow.

So basically what your saying is that playing a bass boost song on your earplugs will sound fine and not distorted and or crackled.

You can't not have the same sound experience. with just headphones. It will not be the same.

as for my amp Its a massive 3500 watt amp. It takes up so much power i also needed to run two capacitor. just to make my subwoofers work.

​This is not the first setup I've installed so I'm sure they have the right amount of juice for them to work.

You mentioned that the song needs to be balanced which is wrong. why does rap have so much bass. without altering the song in any way even changes  from equalizers.

I may be wrong (again) but at the end of the day we both learn something new.

because most of the time (there are of course exceptions) rap is horribly mastered, terribly produced, and chock full of unlicensed samples.

(all things that effect the quality of a well produced track)

and of course it will not be the same, yeah, it'll sound worse on cheap products, but it's not going to sound good on expensive products either! That's my whole point!

You need a well mixed/mastered hi-fi quality track in order to get good clean punchy bass, that's not overpowering...you can have the best system in the world, but to throw something at it that has poor mastering/quality/mixdown is an insult to the system's maximum capability. I was just like you when I started out, I just wanted bass, but then i got a decent pair of headphones, and took up producing, and I learned that there's more to music than just bass...but as I said, in the end it comes down to preference...and you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

How can i be wrong when I said Bass boost is designed for multiple speakers and a subwoofer. Not for cheap earpods or laptop speakers. Its true and you know it.

Stereo CD players come with equalizer settings for a reason. The whole point of the equalizer is to adjust the bass, treble, and mid frequencies to your preference. This way, there's no actual need to "tweak" the song's mastering/mixdown at all. Besides, anything with too much bass or too much treble sounds pretty bad anyways, Treble making your ears bleed and bass making you get Tinnitus.

• Brohoof 2

because most of the time (there are of course exceptions) rap is horribly mastered, terribly produced, and chock full of unlicensed samples.

(all things that effect the quality of a well produced track)

and of course it will not be the same, yeah, it'll sound worse on cheap products, but it's not going to sound good on expensive products either! That's my whole point!

You need a well mixed/mastered hi-fi quality track in order to get good clean punchy bass, that's not overpowering...you can have the best system in the world, but to throw something at it that has poor mastering/quality/mixdown is an insult to the system's maximum capability. I was just like you when I started out, I just wanted bass, but then i got a decent pair of headphones, and took up producing, and I learned that there's more to music than just bass...but as I said, in the end it comes down to preference...and you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

Rap is probably not mastered good,yet it still sounds the best. I think rap is good quality.

I honestly want the songs that I play soo loud that people think I'm crazy when I drive by them.

Now will a well mixed/mastered hi-fi quality track get the results that I'm looking for?

I just want to get the best out of my system which is to push it to the max.

Stereo CD players come with equalizer settings for a reason. The whole point of the equalizer is to adjust the bass, treble, and mid frequencies to your preference. This way, there's no actual need to "tweak" the song's mastering/mixdown at all. Besides, anything with too much bass or too much treble sounds pretty bad anyways, Treble making your ears bleed and bass making you get Tinnitus.

Yeah and too little bass sounds very bad too.

My stock stereo equilizer can't control the level of bass from my subwoofer therefore this song is bass boosted to serve it's putpose.

Plus there is no distortion so it serves it's puropse.

Rap is probably not mastered good,yet it still sounds the best. I think rap is good quality.

I honestly want the songs that I play soo loud that people think I'm crazy when I drive by them.

Now will a well mixed/mastered hi-fi quality track get the results that I'm looking for?

I just want to get the best out of my system which is to push it to the max.

Yeah and too little bass sounds very bad too.

My stock stereo equilizer can't control the level of bass from my subwoofer therefore this song is bass boosted to serve it's putpose.

Plus there is no distortion so it serves it's puropse.

yes, a well mastered/mixed track definitely will! I don't think you've ever heard a punchy bass before. You've heard a trunk shaker (which in my opinion sounds terrible and muffled) but not a proper studio grade/concert grade sound system! And more importantly, a properly mastered hi-fi audio file...I swear, go to a Koan Sound show or a deadmau5 performance, and you'll get some of the best audio possible! The bass will thump so hard you'll feel your heart bursting to the beat, BUT...you'll also hear the same amount of treble, and mid too...that's where the good part comes in...dynamics...that means hearing EVERYTHING...not just bass...too much bass clutters the mix, too little makes it empty...you need balance, you'll be wowed when you actually hear a real system with good quality audio pumping through it.

As far as rap is concerned, as I said, it can be good, but most of the mainstream rap is produced very amateurishly by people who don't know what they're doing...music production isn't making a drum loop and throwing vocals over it. or taking someone else's work and rapping over it and claiming it as your own (AKA Will.I.Am/Black Eyed Peas) REAL producers put their heart/soul into their productions, use high quality samples, and understand music theory/sound design/mastering, That stuff takes a lot of work/engineering knowledge that most of these rappers don't know..so they hire people to do it for them, so even the rappers themselves don't know if their instrumentals are done right, because they aren't the ones doing them! And then people go on youtube and use a converter to download them in either 128/256kbps quality, which sucks out loud, or they play it off their iphones (which also only go up to 256kbps quality) and are like, ZOMG, SO PROFESSIONAL. but no...it's just bad quality. And the suckish thing is, you don't notice it until you start producing/doing real sound work...trust me, I used to do the same stuff, and I thought it was fine...but now, I can't listen to a 128kbps rip without wanting to put forks in my ears. Quality is important man...trust me, one day you'll have your audio experience and it'll take your breath away.

yes, a well mastered/mixed track definitely will! I don't think you've ever heard a punchy bass before. You've heard a trunk shaker (which in my opinion sounds terrible and muffled) but not a proper studio grade/concert grade sound system! And more importantly, a properly mastered hi-fi audio file...I swear, go to a Koan Sound show or a deadmau5 performance, and you'll get some of the best audio possible! The bass will thump so hard you'll feel your heart bursting to the beat, BUT...you'll also hear the same amount of treble, and mid too...that's where the good part comes in...dynamics...that means hearing EVERYTHING...not just bass...too much bass clutters the mix, too little makes it empty...you need balance, you'll be wowed when you actually hear a real system with good quality audio pumping through it.

As far as rap is concerned, as I said, it can be good, but most of the mainstream rap is produced very amateurishly by people who don't know what they're doing...music production isn't making a drum loop and throwing vocals over it. or taking someone else's work and rapping over it and claiming it as your own (AKA Will.I.Am/Black Eyed Peas) REAL producers put their heart/soul into their productions, use high quality samples, and understand music theory/sound design/mastering, That stuff takes a lot of work/engineering knowledge that most of these rappers don't know..so they hire people to do it for them, so even the rappers themselves don't know if their instrumentals are done right, because they aren't the ones doing them! And then people go on youtube and use a converter to download them in either 128/256kbps quality, which sucks out loud, or they play it off their iphones (which also only go up to 256kbps quality) and are like, ZOMG, SO PROFESSIONAL. but no...it's just bad quality. And the suckish thing is, you don't notice it until you start producing/doing real sound work...trust me, I used to do the same stuff, and I thought it was fine...but now, I can't listen to a 128kbps rip without wanting to put forks in my ears. Quality is important man...trust me, one day you'll have your audio experience and it'll take your breath away.

I've heard punchy bass many times, but my woofers can't produce a punchy bass. Only 8 inch or less woofer cone size can produce proper punchy bass.

I run 4 12 inch woofers and there designed to produce booming bass. As for trunk shaker I use special padding around my trunk. Which almost eliminates trunk noise throughout the car.

I really do want good quality sound.

So tell me what software do you use.

I use audition.I thought it would be the best, but I suppose I was wrong.

So tell me how can I get professional quality sound?

Edited by DR0ID-P0N3

I've heard punchy bass many times, but my woofers can't produce a punchy bass. Only 8 inch or less woofer cone size can produce proper punchy bass.

I run 4 12 inch woofers and there designed to produce booming bass. As for trunk shaker I use special padding around my trunk. Which almost eliminates trunk noise throughout the car.

I really do want good quality sound.

So tell me what software do you use.

I use audition.I thought it would be the best, but I suppose I was wrong.

So tell me how can I get professional quality sound?

professional quality sound is made by producers of music...people who actually MAKE the tracks, those who either use high quality samples, or professionally record their own. Those who understand the basics of music theory/dynamics/sound design, those who know how to properly use multiband compression, and limiting without overdoing it. Basically, if you want high quality sound, buy hi-quality sound. Never go for any quality below 320, unless there's no alternatives available. I personally try to get .wav whenever I can, as it is uncompressed and full sounding. But it must be played on a device that can support 320's or wavs...iphones don't roll that way...I personally use my PSP, since it supports both 320's and wavs...also, when it comes to speaker arrangement, car audio won't give you clean proper sound unless you're willing to invest a good amount of money. If you want to get "proper balanced sound" you'll need to invest in a multichannel audio reciever/amp that can output a multi equalization system, basically in simple terms, it means being able to control your bass, mids, and hi's on seperate levels...when you're able to do that, you'll be able to get your speakers arranged in a way where your treble/mid is coming more towards your top half, and your bass is below you...and for that, you need a good set of mids and tweeters with a similar output to your subs...but on separate channels. Then you'll be able to hear everything at once and clearly...Also, the issue with boosting is that you may be able to get it loud, but not without losing dynamics/parts of the song...little details get lost with boosting, which is why it's never really the best option. HOWEVER...if you have a good quality mastered version in 320/wav, you can turn it up basically to the topmost setting and it won't distort! (As long as you have the frequency response on the speakers capable of doing so)

like I said, it all comes down to the quality of the audio file...if it's a proper artist mastered copy, on a properly tuned sound system, there's no need for boosting, and you'll achieve best possible results/sound out of your speakers.

(oh, and also on the side note...you don't need a specific woofer size to produce punchy bass...it doesn't matter what size...it just matters the audio quality, and how you tune them/set them up)

Edited by BrilliantVenture

The amp is the most expensive thing in this entire setup. I only go for the best when it comes to car audio.But there is one thing that still questions me why do soo many people create bass boost if the song is already good?

Oh and as for the size of the woofer it does matter because they all serve a different purpose

For example an 8 inch because of the small cone area and weight, it is easy for the magnet to move the assembly resulting in punchy, accurate bass reproduction.

And for a 15 inch they produce a more booming sound because of the surface area, but that reduces the response time and accuracy of the bass because the magnet has to deal with more weight and size.

professional quality sound is made by producers of music...people who actually MAKE the tracks, those who either use high quality samples, or professionally record their own. Those who understand the basics of music theory/dynamics/sound design, those who know how to properly use multiband compression, and limiting without overdoing it. Basically, if you want high quality sound, buy hi-quality sound. Never go for any quality below 320, unless there's no alternatives available. I personally try to get .wav whenever I can, as it is uncompressed and full sounding. But it must be played on a device that can support 320's or wavs...iphones don't roll that way...I personally use my PSP, since it supports both 320's and wavs...also, when it comes to speaker arrangement, car audio won't give you clean proper sound unless you're willing to invest a good amount of money. If you want to get "proper balanced sound" you'll need to invest in a multichannel audio reciever/amp that can output a multi equalization system, basically in simple terms, it means being able to control your bass, mids, and hi's on seperate levels...when you're able to do that, you'll be able to get your speakers arranged in a way where your treble/mid is coming more towards your top half, and your bass is below you...and for that, you need a good set of mids and tweeters with a similar output to your subs...but on separate channels. Then you'll be able to hear everything at once and clearly...Also, the issue with boosting is that you may be able to get it loud, but not without losing dynamics/parts of the song...little details get lost with boosting, which is why it's never really the best option. HOWEVER...if you have a good quality mastered version in 320/wav, you can turn it up basically to the topmost setting and it won't distort! (As long as you have the frequency response on the speakers capable of doing so)

like I said, it all comes down to the quality of the audio file...if it's a proper artist mastered copy, on a properly tuned sound system, there's no need for boosting, and you'll achieve best possible results/sound out of your speakers.

(oh, and also on the side note...you don't need a specific woofer size to produce punchy bass...it doesn't matter what size...it just matters the audio quality, and how you tune them/set them up)

Where can I buy this high quality sound?

The amp is the most expensive thing in this entire setup. I only go for the best when it comes to car audio.But there is one thing that still questions me why do soo many people create bass boost if the song is already good?

Oh and as for the size of the woofer it does matter because they all serve a different purpose

For example an 8 inch because of the small cone area and weight, it is easy for the magnet to move the assembly resulting in punchy, accurate bass reproduction.

And for a 15 inch they produce a more booming sound because of the surface area, but that reduces the response time and accuracy of the bass because the magnet has to deal with more weight and size.

Where can I buy this high quality sound?

I would recommend beatport, or any other website that has the option for 320 or Wav...and while different sizes produce different sounds, I meant that you can tune them/set them up to be punchy, you just have to set your amp up in a multichannel fashion, so you can adjust what does what.

Also, the reason for "bass boosted" stuff...is because people like to see their speakers wobble...that's it. It's not about getting awesome audio quality, it's about trying to be as bassey as possible. little do they know though that they can get so much better, and so much cleaner/louder sound with just a good master and a proper balanced setup!

I would recommend beatport, or any other website that has the option for 320 or Wav...and while different sizes produce different sounds, I meant that you can tune them/set them up to be punchy, you just have to set your amp up in a multichannel fashion, so you can adjust what does what.

Also, the reason for "bass boosted" stuff...is because people like to see their speakers wobble...that's it. It's not about getting awesome audio quality, it's about trying to be as bassey as possible. little do they know though that they can get so much better, and so much cleaner/louder sound with just a good master and a proper balanced setup!

Thank you so much for spending your time to explain to me how this stuff works Really appreciate it  :D

Ive actually learned quite a bit.

I just have one final question.

What software do you use to make and or edit music?

Thank you so much for spending your time to explain to me how this stuff works Really appreciate it  :D

Ive actually learned quite a bit.

I just have one final question.

What software do you use to make and or edit music?

I use FL Studio for larger synth work, (IE. Vst's like massive/fm8) and LMMS for sequencing. My mastering is then done in Adobe Premiere, which is generally a video editing software, but the audio plugins that come default with it are awesome! (I've also recently coupled it with Ozone, which is outstanding for Maximizing/stereo imaging)

and no problem! I love talking tech with people :) glad I could help