Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would Sunset Ever Go Back To Equestria?

J.T.

right, and how long had SS already been in the human world before the events of EG1?

But the impression I have is that SS is significantly older than Twilight ... her time as Celestia's student was pretty far back, around or before we see Twilight as a filly.

EG1 certainly indicates that Sunset Shimmer was Celestia's protégé before Twilight Sparkle came along, suggesting she's older than Twilight.

I don't think this is necessarily a plot hole. Rather that when you're jumping between two parallel universes, you cannot be assured that their timelines will correspond perfectly. Not only could one timeline be moving faster, but they might not even move at consistent speeds relative to each other.

Consider the Chronicles of Narnia. In The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe the children spend decades in Narnia, but return to Earth of the same day they left. C.S. Lewis' Narnian timeline shows that year 1 in Narnia corresponds with 1900 on Earth, year 300 in Narnia with 1930 on Earth, and year 1000 in Narnia with 1940 on Earth. So between 1900 and 1930, 30 years of Earth time corresponded to 300 years of Narnian time (a 1:10 ratio), but between 1930 and 1940, 10 years of Earth time corresponded to 700 years of Narnian time (a 1:70 ratio).

Frankly if you're jumping between universes, expecting timelines to match up is simply being unreasonable! You should just be thankful that the laws of physics are roughly the same in each universe.

Honestly, because the portal is always open, and because at the end of Rainbow Rocks Sunset Shimmer and the color red seemed to have join in on Rainbow Power, and because Twilight said that they all need to be together to use that power...it makes me wonder if because Sunset Shimmer essentially appears to be a mane seventh, that if the mane six ever need to use rainbow power again in Equestria or the world of Canterlot High, what if Sunset Shimmer is actually required to use it?

Now I'm not sure they'll work that into season 5, but because we know Twilights magic has elemental abilities (Ex. the fact that in order to defeat the sirens they had to fight back with the magic of music) it may be possible that as far as Eauestria Girls go they have to have Sunset Shimmer anytime they go back to that world because they'd have to fight back against enemies using magic brought by Sunset Shimmer from Twilight. (Hopefully that made sense)

So will she come back in Equestria? I can't say. Even if they made that plot line in an Equestria Girls movie it would still interfere with Hasbro's original statement that EG and FIM are separate parts of the show. Who knows? Maybe they plan on changing that statement so EG can now work with FIM?

Edited by Felix

Honestly, because the portal is always open, and because at the end of Rainbow Rocks Sunset Shimmer and the color red seemed to have join in on Rainbow Power, and because Twilight said that they all need to be together to use that power...it makes me wonder if because Sunset Shimmer essentially appears to be a mane seventh, that if the mane six ever need to use rainbow power again in Equestria or the world of Canterlot High, what if Sunset Shimmer is actually required to use it?

Now I'm not sure they'll work that into season 5, but because we know Twilights magic has elemental abilities (Ex. the fact that in order to defeat the sirens they had to fight back with the magic of music) it may be possible that as far as Eauestria Girls go they have to have Sunset Shimmer anytime they go back to that world because they'd have to fight back against enemies using magic brought by Sunset Shimmer from Twilight. (Hopefully that made sense)

So will she come back in Equestria? I can't say. Even if they made that plot line in an Equestria Girls movie it would still interfere with Hasbro's original statement that EG and FIM are separate parts of the show. Who knows? Maybe they plan on changing that statement so EG can now work with FIM?

This is something I have pondered about. It seems Sunset is now very much connected to the rest in terms of Rainbow Power, whether this corresponds to Equestria and the pony counterparts remains to be seen. Her red beam and ability to unlock her own Equestrian magic solidify her place in her new context and within the Humane 6 of Canterlot High, she belongs there.

Having said that, Sunset seems to be the potential link between EG and FIM. She is the one who provided the in story link between the worlds through her book (and helped by Twi obviously :P ) and provoked the mixing of the worlds in the first place. Her rebellion led to her discovering the human world, maybe her redemption will provoke a (partial or infrequent) return? 

I personally would prefer Sunset to remain in the human world, it is where she has grown as a character and begun to learn about the magic of friendship with the Humane 5. Furthermore, she appears to be the missing piece of the Humane 6's puzzle and could solidify herself within the EG franchise as an integral character going forward. I would love to see some cameos in FIM though if the Mane 6 require extra assistance, provided the story required it. 

Urgh, shaping thoughts when you wake up at 4 in the morning...  :muffins:

Edited by Guest

This is something I have pondered about. It seems Sunset is now very much connected to the rest in terms of Rainbow Power, whether this corresponds to Equestria and the pony counterparts remains to be seen. Her red beam and ability to unlock her own Equestrian magic solidify her place in her new context and within the Humane 6 of Canterlot High, she belongs there.

Having said that, Sunset seems to be the potential link between EG and FIM. She is the one who provided the in story link between the worlds through her book (and helped by Twi obviously :P ) and provoked the mixing of the worlds in the first place. Her rebellion led to her discovering the human world, maybe her redemption will provoke a (partial or infrequent) return?

I personally would prefer Sunset to remain in the human world, it is where she has grown as a character and begun to learn about the magic of friendship with the Humane 5. Furthermore, she appears to be the missing piece of the Humane 6's puzzle and could solidify herself within the EG franchise as an integral character going forward. I would love to see some cameos in FIM though if the Mane 6 require extra assistance, provided the story required it.

Urgh, shaping thoughts when you wake up at 4 in the morning... :muffins:

I have to agree with you here. ^^ Especially on where Sunset is as a character. It seems she works better in the world of Canterlot High as that is in fact where she developed. In fact, we haven't seen her pony model for more than two to three minutes. It would be kind of weird to see her as a pony just as it is to see the mane six be humans. (Though I've admittedly gotten used to their human counterparts and have taken a liking to them. :catface: )

Anyway, yeah, I think she suits better in the human world but a nice cameo here and there as a pony would be very cool!

Edited by Felix

Sunset is most definitely a bridge between worlds and that could be explain her cute mark-ying and yang-in part. It be neat for her to see Celestia again, but I'd want her return to be meaningful too.

As far as her and Twily she's likely old enough for them not to have meet, but perhaps younger than Shining Armor and Cadence.

EG1 certainly indicates that Sunset Shimmer was Celestia's protégé before Twilight Sparkle came along, suggesting she's older than Twilight.

I don't think this is necessarily a plot hole. Rather that when you're jumping between two parallel universes, you cannot be assured that their timelines will correspond perfectly. Not only could one timeline be moving faster, but they might not even move at consistent speeds relative to each other.

Consider the Chronicles of Narnia. In The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe the children spend decades in Narnia, but return to Earth of the same day they left. C.S. Lewis' Narnian timeline shows that year 1 in Narnia corresponds with 1900 on Earth, year 300 in Narnia with 1930 on Earth, and year 1000 in Narnia with 1940 on Earth. So between 1900 and 1930, 30 years of Earth time corresponded to 300 years of Narnian time (a 1:10 ratio), but between 1930 and 1940, 10 years of Earth time corresponded to 700 years of Narnian time (a 1:70 ratio).

Frankly if you're jumping between universes, expecting timelines to match up is simply being unreasonable! You should just be thankful that the laws of physics are roughly the same in each universe.

Believe me, I'm no stranger to the Narnia books :) But if that were the case, then there would be no way to accurately predict the "30 moons" requirement for the portal. Which world's moon? If it's the pony world, no way SS could have known when to come through. If it's the human world's moons, no way Celestia could have known it was 30 moons. And all other context suggests that the moon rises and sets at exactly the same time in both worlds, which means time is perfectly aligned in both worlds.