Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.

pleasedontcomeback

The characters were just oozing stupidity. Their cognitive functions were working at half power. Sunset, Twilight, and Flash get through the movie by doing things that only a dumb cast would allow them to work appropriately in.

I personally didn't like the film. Why? I disliked the character models, the story was boring, the love interest is a one-dimensional moron, and the setting was some cliché high school, when they fight against much more epic stuff in the show Cough That... Thing from Three's A Crowd, anyone? But I wouldn't go out of my way to hate on it. Why? Because it's useless. I don't reach crap with it.

As for why other bronies hate it - what did you have to expect? Nowadays a lot of bronies are stupid arseholes who get angry of the fact that ''Hasbro doesn't cater to the true demographic hurrdurr''... When it doesn't appeal to them, they have to hate on it. Because it's just impossible to just be like ''meh not my kinda movie'' and be done with it.

I think a lot of people made their mind up about it before they actually watched it. Like them, I didn't really like the idea of human ponies, but I watched it with an open mind and I thought the movie itself was actually pretty good.

Rarity's character especially stood out to me. A lot of people talk about how she would be antagonist on most shows, and you would think that would be exemplified at a high school, but it was actually the opposite.

Edited by JPBrony773
  • Brohoof 1

I personally didn't like the film. Why? I disliked the character models, the story was boring, the love interest is a one-dimensional moron, and the setting was some cliché high school, when they fight against much more epic stuff in the show Cough That... Thing from Three's A Crowd, anyone? But I wouldn't go out of my way to hate on it. Why? Because it's useless. I don't reach crap with it.

As for why other bronies hate it - what did you have to expect? Nowadays a lot of bronies are stupid arseholes who get angry of the fact that ''Hasbro doesn't cater to the true demographic hurrdurr''... When it doesn't appeal to them, they have to hate on it. Because it's just impossible to just be like ''meh not my kinda movie'' and be done with it.

I will have you know I am not a thing, I am a draconequus.

From what I saw not too long ago, people loved it in general, or maybe that's just me being delusional.

Anyways, onto the actual issue, people are going to hate what they hate, legitimate reason or not. That tis all. 

I think for a My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic movie, the fans expected something differently, I admit I thought it was going have the ponies, rather than the humanized form of our characters. Besides, this was a reflection of our fandom, there was so much humanized pony art on the internet, someone was bound to notice, this is what the crew told the fans during BronyCon 2013, so we have to take responsibility for what the fans do. Just as equally responsible, we must not let our loathing go to far, that is way too childish, and we are already being accused of immaturity, do not give the haters the satisfaction of being right about something on the bronies, neither should we criticize the bronies who like this movie, they have good reasons and defend those reasons. As for me, I loved this movie, Equestria Girls was the last measure that made me join the herd, it moved me so much personally that I wanted to be a brony, now I have friends, a new hobby and a new lease on life, that would have been delayed if Equestria Girls had not been made, take what you like about this movie and pony on.   

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 1

I think the Equestria Girls was a big missed opportunity.

The animators and writers could have done way better.

I would have liked the movie if the characters stayed ponies and they had to fight a crazy-a** antagonist or something.

The human thing they went with just completely messed things up for me.

I didn't like it. At all. 0/5

theres always going to be people that hate on stuff, i liked the movie. Though it could've used a better plot.

it was also kind of weird that Twilight was having a crush on a human boy. After all, she is still a pony on the inside, and wouldn't it be weird if human Big Macintosh had red skin? 

it was also kind of weird that Twilight was having a crush on a human boy. 

Not really. Biology of a magical unicorn works differently from that of a human. Taking that she was introduce to human teenager hormones, a human brain, confusion, and was trying to control her new body. She lacks the experience and understanding of the human body so (the natural attraction to another human) in the form of a crush will go off on their own, just like if she reacted to the sensitivity of her chest or had a period. 

If a human was turned into a pony, they could crush on some other pony until they have their new body under control and understand it.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Not really. Biology of a magical unicorn works differently from that of a human. Taking that she was introduce to human teenager hormones, a human brain, confusion, and was trying to control her new body. She lacks the experience and understanding of the human body so (the natural attraction to another human) in the form of a crush will go off on their own, just like if she reacted to the sensitivity of her chest or had a period. 

If a human was turned into a pony, they could crush on some other pony until they have their new body under control and understand it.

Alternatively, she may have just seen the humans as ponies in different form, much like herself.

• Brohoof 1

Alternatively, she may have just seen the humans as ponies in different form, much like herself.

People and ponies naturally perceive the world and process it, differently.

Edited by Singe

For one thing, it wasted a character with more potential than most minor characters combined. Sunset Shimmer was a student of Celestia, had ambition, could have contrasted with Twilight in some very interesting ways, given us some great backstory for her and Celestia, and just generally been executed so much better. Instead it made her generically bitchy, unintelligent, and ensured that her potential would never be realized in the show. I'm a bit bitter about this :derp:

That, the perennial focusing on Twilight, mehness from most of the Mane Six, the stupidity of the authority figures, and the shoehorned Flash Sentry bits are my main gripes with the movie. I don't hate it, but it's something I feel like I have to block out a lot of issues to enjoy.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

Oh I don't know... Let's see:

- cheap copy of Monster High mixed with High School Musical kinda (yeah guys, let's mix two horrible things into one even worse! awesome idea!)

- very lame human designs with clothes I'd never expect them to wear x.x (I like humanizations but it's like they picked the lames option possible)

- catchy yet technically shitty songs

- the fact that it's all going on in high school... seriously guys?

- the fact that Twilight got any feelings for that guitar guy even tho he seems to be the last type of dude she'd get crush on like some silly middle-school-gurl

- everything that happened to SunsetShimmer at the end including her riddiculous change into monster and her sudden reformation (at that point I was just facepalming every 2 seconds)

- Spike as a dog (no comments)

- the fact that it was cheap "entertainment" with horrible designs, plot, dialogues and many many other details in it made just to get attention of few age groups that weren't interested in ponies so far

Also, dear kids: be so kind and start to recognize criticism when you see it instead of calling it hatred immediately just cause "it's not niceh".

Edited by Burning Question

For me, the movie wasn't terrible it was a passing movie overall.

But to go into detail, as far as writing it wasn't well done. I thought that the plot was a highly overdone high school story where mean girl fights good girl, main character has a love interest, etc. That and the conflicts were easily brought on but then easily solved in two minutes. For example, the scene where Twilight and her friend's counterparts meet brought on the problem of them distrusting each other due to Sunset Shimmer's sabotage. This problem was easily solved in two minutes with the characters just stating that so-and-so didn't do that. If conflicts are supposed to be solved that quickly than how significant is it to overall story development is what I'm wondering.

For the artwork and animation, I had no problems with it. The animation was spectacular with the effects giving off more emphasis Especially in the transformation scene, with the flashes and sparks and the Magical Girl music in the background! That I really liked. 

Character designs were too coookie-cutter in my opinion. I was hoping for more differences between body types and please, skin colors the same as their coat colors? Seriously, Hasbro why are you so worried about what people think about a characters skin color?

And that's just my two cents. c:

Edited by IHasTwi

Honestly, I thought it was ok. I mean come on, ponies turn humans? It's a cool idea, it just needed a few things fixed, really. There were a couple of things that could have been improved though.

The movie had an ok storyline, I just think it could have been paced a little better, and a song or two could have been cut. The characters were great because they didn't alter their original personalities, the only thing that would have been better would be all of the ponies going instead of just Twilight...Wouldn't it have been more interesting if every pony went instead of just one?.

Sunset Shimmer was a good villain, but she could have gotten a bit more of a back story...It just seemed a bit rushed when a sudden character like her was introduced without more of an explanation... I mean it would make more sense if Discord or Chrysalis did it?

Basically the storyline was good, but it wasn't as in-depth as the show. It was predictable and dragged out a bit, however the school setting should have been changed to a town or something. The love interest wasn't bad, but that could have been done differently too.

I know that they were trying to appeal more to younger girls, but they could have portrayed everything so much better. :P

I also hate teenage movies like that..

But this one is different in my oppinion.

The dialogue is just like any MLP episode, i dont see a problem with that, the soundtrack was really good and gets easily stuck in your head,

the only bad about this movie is the end i think. (The part where sunset shimmer turns into some demon thing.... -_-)

Because girls are lamer than ponies?

Ponies are fast, can use magic, fly, cute, and generally cooler than girls.

The girls are weird, tall, lanky, odd, creepy and weak. Seriously. And stereotypical. 

Let's just not mix things, mhh?

• Brohoof 1

Character designs were too coookie-cutter in my opinion. I was hoping for more differences between body types and please, skin colors the same as their coat colors? Seriously, Hasbro why are you so worried about what people think about a characters skin color?

This is something about the movie I can't understand, they were obviously trying to avoid racial issues, but seriously? In this day and age? If other shows aren't afraid to have characters of human races, why should they have? I've heard some people say it was to not mess with anyone's head canon, but that's a really stupid reason, because who cares about what somebody's head-canon is?

So in the end, they looked like a bunch of freaks. It works with the ponies in the show because they look so unfamiliar to anything in real life (even the horses which they're meant to resemble) so it doesn't look odd to see them in unrealistic colors. But the humans in the movie looked too human, so the odd skin colors just looked bizarre. Some were okay, others just looked wrong.

Although, Big Mac in the movie had caucassian skin color, which is really odd. I believe he was the only one with human skin color. Why only him I don't know.

Edited by Sir Wulfington