Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When do you stop looking young?

RainbowMau

I'm currently 29 and people still seem to think I look young for my age, as if I just graduated high school a year ago or something lol...  I think it really depends on the person and how they age.  Some people can look young for their age in their 30's, some look old even though they're 24.  Really depends on the person and also their circumstances.

We all look somewhat old when undressed, in front of a mirror, with bad lighting. Typical scenario.

I believe you can only stay young by being on a cover to a magazine.

Of course it is mostly genetics that determine it, though peoples health plays a large part in it too. The ones that typically look the most aged are people who've been drinking a lot of alcohol and on top of that been smoking too. Alcohol dehydrates your skin, then smoking impairs bloodflow to the skin. In other words you can't say at what age as someone who might have been drinking and smoking at a young age could look rather old while still very young. Meanwhile someone who took good care of their skin and stayed away from any of these would look way younger then their actual age would indicate.

You stop looking young mostly well because your skin starts to look dry, the life in your skin just kind of vanishes and if I had to put an age where that happens for most people I'd say somewhere like 18-20 is when someone who's been doing these things really starts to see those effects on themselves. Of course at that age they could still stop and regain their youthfulness but somewhere in their mid twenties or roughly thirties that stops being possible. So what they have done is aged themselves way before they would have. Mostly as its simply a fact that as you get older your skins regenerative abilities lowers and as such it is your job to maintain that regenerative ability by avoiding alcohol, smoking and drugs if you do that you'll more or less look young until you stop caring about yourself.

Personally I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't do drugs I exercise regularly and watch my diet. Therefore I look young or around 15 to 16 as I care about myself, your body is your temple and you should treat it with the respect it deserves. Though well I'm referring to appearances if you exercise regularly you shouldn't really stop being young until you're closing in at sixty and thats only because of grey hairs even so you could dye it and you'd continue looking young or very least stay youthful.

Of course genetics play a big role too, in my genes I have great longevity everyone in my family is guaranteed to live up to a hundred years and we typically don't begin to age until our seventies.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Probably mid- to late- 20s but you can definitely look young for longer if you stay physically fit. Having the right genes helps a bit too.

I’m still young myself and sometimes people think I’m still in high school :sealed:. I always wonder what I’ll look like when I’m older...

• 2 weeks later...

Shaving my face always makes me look 16 again.

With my beard, I look 47.

I don't get it.

But I'd say the first time I looked at myself and thought, "Damn, you look old and a little tired," was 25. I'm not quite 30 yet. I haven't slept right a day in my life, and my age is beginning to catch up with me. I starting to get some serious lines under my eyes. 

Edited by lomk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m gonna be 30 in four years and I got people thinking I’ve just graduated high school or early 20s. Not that I’m complaining. I’ll enjoy it while it lasts. Now with makeup I can make myself look a bit older. I work with a guy who’s in his mid 40s and I swore he was around my age. He can pass for early 20s easy. I’ve seen the opposite too. People that look far older but are actually younger. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Whatever that age is, I've begun moving toward it, because recently, for the first time ever, I was read as older than I am. :o By a few years... IIRC, I was assumed to be 36, but I was 33. Considering back when I was 21 I was once read as a child and asked for a kid's menu that's a surprising change. lol

It really depends on the person. I'm on the younger end, but  I've got facial hair and a couple of grey hairs, so I get a lot of people who think that I'm older than I actually am.

Some people don't seem to age so I'm not sure how to correctly answer this question.

I think you're only as old as you think you are so if you convince yourself that you're "old" then that's how you'll feel. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234