Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When do you stop looking young?

RainbowMau

I love how everybody's like, "Oh yeah, I knew this was gonna be a RainbowMau thread."  Lol.  Oh, gawd, it's so true, though.  I'm sorry, that's sounds kinda mean.  I post in most of your threads, my friend, and you know I'm in the same boat as you.  You know; feeling like you've missed out on your chance at life.  I often feel the same way.  But I agree that you're way too hung up on age.  If you take care of yourself, you can look 20 at 40.  Just look at Criss Angel.  Guy is f*ckin immortal.

The answer to this question is so simple, though.  When do you stop looking young?  When you start looking old.  Blamo.

• Brohoof 1

There's no specific age. It depends on your overall health. That's why smokers/drug users tend to deteriorate younger, especially if they started when they were still developing. If you were to keep yourself healthy and exercise you would look younger for longer, and another plus is that when youre old and fit you wont have the stereotypical old person problems.

Now, look at this other forum:

http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2007317/around-what-age-range-isnt-young-anymore/p2

Almost EVERYONE says under 25!

And look at this other one:

if u think about it this way, once you are 20, u selected ur major and everything u do kind of goes towards your career, but u stilll have a chance to change it. so in a sense 20 is not young, but not old.

at 22 you could be done with college, going out to get a job and support yourself. once could consider 22 "not young" also.

at 25 if you kept partying it up till this point, it takes about 3 years on average to marry someone after u start going out with them. and if u want a 2nd kid before your 30 years old, which is the mark for women where childbirth becomes more dangerous, you need to start preparing for married life at 25. therefore 25 could be an age where you are no longer young.

at 28 you probably should be married or on ur way to being married. 

at 30 people start to show their age a lot more than they did in their 20's so physically speaking they might be getting old.

at 35 u should be settled down with some youngsters if you want to spend any time with your grandchildren.

at 40 you are so old that you actually are physically limited by your age compared to your 20's. so yea i'd say at 40 you are an old person. especially a woman, a man can hide that his bones are less tough and needs to work out 10 times more for half the result, but a woman can't hide the age on her face and body. (as easily at least).

i'd say, after 25 you are def. not young, and after 35. you are considered to be old. and that 25 - 35 10 year period is where a lot of change happens in ur life that transitions you from student and party goer, to family oriented, financially stable, stable relationship adult.

And this one:

According to most neurobiological research, your brain and body hits full maturity at 24-28, after which your cells start the long road to death...long story has to do with telomeres and the number of times each cell can "reproduce", so technically, you're not young anymore...

As for actual maturity..it really depends i know people who are more mature at 19, thn others at 24...a lot has to do with life experience, whether you've been through hardship, whether you travel, see the world...etc

When you get wrinkles, bro. Honestly, that's more truth than joke. Depending on your habits, you can get wrinkles at any age, like if you smoke a lot or something like that. It doesn't necessarily have to be a certain age. :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't really thought about this.

Most people who realise how old I am tend to believe I sound and/or look older. No joke; one person in a Skype call found out that I was 16 (at the time) and then called someone in her room and shouted, "Check out this 16 year old who sounds 47!"

When do you stop looking young?

I think the oldest you could be and can still convince people you are in the 20s may be in the 40s. 50s maybe but I expect at that age you would really have to rely on cosmetics (unless someone can prove me wrong),

I think it depends on a lot of factors, including genetics, nutrition, activity level/exercise, sun protection, and mood/stress. I'm 26 and in one of my college classes age came up for something and a few people were surprised and thought I was only like 18-19. At work customers always ask what high school I go to and where I plan on going to college. LOL.

I am an active person and exercise and don't really look different than when I graduated. I only started working out (couple days a week) after I was 18 and feel better and can do more than when I was that age. I can still run 14 miles in 1hr 40min, and probably a little faster if i was trying to kill myself.

For those who don't know, Tara Strong is actually 41 and looks pretty damn good!

post-24370-0-61025800-1408649516_thumb.jpg

post-24370-0-67108600-1408572273_thumb.jpg

She doesn't look that much older than Twilight! :lol: (LOL- I had to use those two pictures again somewhere!)

But seriously @@RainbowMau, stressing over getting older is going to do nothing but maybe actually make you look older. Work on things in your life that you CAN change and you'll be happier for it.
Edited by steve88

For me I don't really care about age I'll just turn old anyways but that's more of a men's thing. But from learning from my mum women are more sensitive to that stuff. :o

I'd say you start to age in your 30s

Can't answer, since I met people who are younger than they look, like my dad. He's 50, and he doesn't look over 37, and it's seems I'm on the same way, SINCE I LOOK YOUNGER THAN MY YOUNGER BROTHER W00T  :blink:

There's no specific age at which you stop looking young due to the number of variables at play here, such as when someone starts and ends puberty, the individual's height, body fat composition, level of muscularity, and other bodily and/or genetic factors. Environmental factors would affect this as well: someone who lives in a harsh environment might look older more quickly than someone in a mild environment. Makeup, plastic surgery, and other alterations can affect this. Whether or not you use drugs or have certain illnesses can also affect this. 

Additionally, it's important to keep in mind the subjective nature as this issue. Perception of youngness or lack thereof can vary quite easily from person to person.

• 5 years later...

I mean I still look young :wacko: . Someone thought I was a teen still :P . Happens more often than not but I think most people probably think I’m in my early 20s.

It depends on genetics and personal lifestyle. Some people look younger in their 30s than others do in their early 20s, and in many cases it’s just good genes. But other factors such as stress, smoking, bad diet and general disposition can be have an effect on physical appearance. Eating healthy, adequate sleep, avoiding stress and staying physically fit can do wonders for the complexion, overall health and general appearance. Personally, I have youthful genes handed down through my family, but I started showing signs of age about two years ago; I’m not exactly falling off the bone just yet, but not adorning any swimsuit calendars either.

• Brohoof 2