Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.

pleasedontcomeback

1. I am a female and 2. originally yes but G4 has more thought put into it than just marketing.

1: Oops, sorry :P 2: I guess I have to agree with you there

(edited)

I actually liked Equestria Girls...

Although the plot was rather bland and don't even get me started on Sunset Shimmer or her forgiveness, it still had it's moments and was definitely entertaining.

As for the songs I particularly enjoyed "Helping Twilight Win the Crown"  and "Time to Come Together" which is big for me because I am a music nut.  The art and characters I had no problem with, I especially liked Rarity's human rendition (although my opinion may be biased because shes my fav pony  :D ). However what I don't like about it is that is a meager hour and 12 minutes, especially with all the plot holes everyone has been talking about and I also dislike how they imputed Flash Sentry just because Twi needed bailing out for being framed, and that he served no other purpose. But those are minor things! 

Overall I would give the movie an 8/10 and would recommend anyone who hasn't already watched it to do so. (Go to dailymotion, that's what I did!)

Edited by Dretkal

I like the movie a lot, and even though there are a couple ?? moments in the plot, it's nice overall. Very cute movie.

What I don't like are the dolls. I was not pleased to see a traditionally all-inclusive line of horse dolls jump to the stick thin legs and puckering lips like yet another Bratz copy. Don't we have enough dolls representing that body type?

• Brohoof 1

It was set in a cliche and stereotypical high school environment, which pretty much killed half of the movie. I, for one, loved it, but others were really annoyed.

The only things that really ticked me off were their outfits and the fact that their skin and hair were the same candy color as their pony coats. Not to mention the princesses' designs weren't that great.

Altogether, however, it was an enjoyable production and I can't wait for the sequel.

• Brohoof 3

For me, it's: 

High School setting = instant 'skip this movie'.  High school is not some magical happy place.

Oh and to really think about it, you create a setting where you put actual effort into making a mythos. That includes three types of ponies with their own behaviors, cultures and unicorns that use levitation as an everyday thing.  Only to completely ruin all of the escapism by putting them in a more realistic world.  I've seen clips on Youtube where Pinkie human grows pony ears from getting too excited from playing the drums.  As cute as they are, I just can't.  I... I just can't.

EQG is basically a toy commercial for Hasbro to compete with Mattel. I don't see the logic as why they couldn't make a movie in the pony universe and why was the crossover necessary in the first place.

Also, generic villain with the most cliched story ever. Dammit Sunset Shimmer.

Equestria Girls is one of those movies I know are bad, but i can't help loving.

The story is terrible, the romantic subplot is awkward and lifeless, the ending is rushed, you've heard all these reasons before.

The one, main thing I found redeemable about the movie is that I find the idea of Sunset Shimmer's redemption interesting.

Not the way it was executed, but the idea that a villainous character gets turned around and essentially becomes the Twilight Sparkle of that dimension, i.e. being the central friend among the mane 6, is fascinating to me.

It's like Twilight's story, but with a backstory of having been evil/villainous.

This is the problem with being a brony. We are older and more mature than the intended audience. The little girls loved this movie because they did not see the flaws. We are grown men/women, we see the mistakes whether we want it or not.

I enjoyed the movie alot and I'm super pumped for RBR.

• Brohoof 1

I don't (hate) it myself I seem to just not be so keen it felt rushed and a little too girly and did not fit so well compared to the show I respect people who hate it I respect people who like it though so I'm cool with it...

(edited)

The world building was nothing more than a sample. Certain characters seem to come off as incompetent or absentminded. Human Mane 5 come off as weakly developed in the movie. Plus, they don't have dates for the dance while Twilight has *bleh* Flash.

Edited by Singe

I didn't like Equesttria Girls for one reason and one reason only. The characters weren't kept as ponies.

I thought the whole "human design" thing was hideous and made me forget I was watching a My Little Pony movie.

Disclaimer: I really enjoyed this movie.

My number one problem with this movie is that it's set in a human world..... That's retarded..... Whos drunk, high on niquill idea was it to take a show aboot ponies, and turn them into humans?

Also the villain was just.... WEAK..... Not even a villain really, just a puedophychotic bitch really...... Plus the only back story we get of her is a halfassed explanation from celestia....... I would have preferred taking aboot 5 minutes to go to a cut scene......

There is half assed explanations all over the place with distinct lack of flashbacks and cut scenes.....

The hammer shimmer was going to smash the portal with would have simply slipped through the portal..... What a genius. :$

Not to mention the worst mlp FIM toy line to date came from this......

I can definitely understand a lot of the complaints and I admit to mocking a lot of parts in my head as the movie plays, but overall I still find it fun and entertaining. My daughter loves it, dances to the music, and gets very excited watching it. She's 2 so the story and crappy Sunset Shimmer ending don't matter much to her. I actually enjoyed the humanized ponies. I thought it was fun seeing an alternate design for them and how they portrayed each of their personalities with their outfits. 

The high school thing was kind of lame. Some things that bothered me with that:

1) In MLP:FIM the mane six seem to be the same age (or very close) as Cheerilee, yet in EQ they're teenaged students and she's an adult teacher. 

2) The Cutie Mark Crusaders in high school makes no sense whatsoever (I know they were just thrown in there to say "hehe look! More characters you'll recognize!")

3) Principal Celestia was kind of a bitch.... Not the super kind, helpful Celestia we know. 

4) No Discord.... but then again he'd need a really good reason to be there rather than just randomly thrown in the background just to say "hehe look! More chara---" oh, nevermind, they weren't too opposed to that method. So yeah, #4: No Discord randomly thrown in the background. As like a janitor or something. 

Despite that.... I enjoyed it for what it was. My daughter enjoys it and we watch it often.

That frakking cafeteria song is stuck in my head, like, ALL the time. 

(edited)

I actually sort-of enjoyed it. An while ya,Flash Sentry's waifu stealing gentlemen moments with Twilight was cringe worthy tolerable,they could have better developed his character to justify those said waifu stealing moments  :)

Perhaps in the upcoming Rainbow Rocks movie,he will get better character development so when he does try to steal a waifu build a relationship with Twilight,it wont feel so vomit inducing forced  :)

..Good lord what have i just said  :(

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

This was a pretty good show but the only thing I'm mad about is HASBRO Y U NO GIVE DJ A VOICE. Could anyone expand to me why they can't let nowacking voice her in the first place?

It's it cuz she ain't Canadian. John De lancie is 'murican why won't they let her