Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.

pleasedontcomeback

yesssssss finally another Brony who thinks Equestria Girls was amazing I have seen a lot of bronies hating on it but really there statements are very invalid but I dont judge i just dont like being judged watch Equestria girls becomes its own TV show that will really screw with the fandom i hope it doesnt screw with the fandom because were seen as hypocrites because of the Cloppers existence and if Bronies hate on a Equestria Girls fandom we will be seen as even bigger hypocrites but i do hope it becomes its own TV show I would watch it  

Because it screws up a lot. 

Personally I enjoyed it. Parts of it is genuine enjoyment. Other parts of it from hilariously bad moments, moments that make you go "...yeaaah, they could've done that better..."

I think people dislike it because, honestly it just wasn't well written. In Equestria Main 6 faces problems that are more difficult than the main problem in Equestria Girls. Just as an example, in the Crystal Empire parts 1&2 they faced Sombra trying to enslave ponies. In Equestria Girls Twilight's only problem was winning her crown. (And honestly she should have just stole it back, it would make the movie more interesting.) Besides they also introduced Flash Sentry just for the sake of having "High school romance" thrown in there, and they didn't even bother to develop on his character. There was just the potential for so many things in the movie that didn't happen, making it some-what of a let down. At least, that's what I think.

i actually enjoyed it, it was fun and it made me laugh, especially the scenes with snips and snails and where twilight was trying to act like a human and use human technology.

sure, the flash/light moments could have been handled better, and a high school setting is kinda cliche, but it was still a fun movie overall.

of course, part of the reason i was able to enjoy it maybe had to do with the fact i watched it long after the hype died down (and seeing the negative comments about it), so i wasn't expecting much.

due to the hype surrounding magical mystery cure, i was really dissappointed at first, but i was able to enjoy it when i watched it again later.

Actually I must admit that before I watched Equestria Girls, I thought it was a strange idea and I was pretty hesitant to watch it, then I watched it to see how bad it could be and to my surprise, I actually kind of enjoyed it.

I think a lot of the problem was the high school dramas, as if I don't see enough of those on TV, which is what makes MLP so different.

my theory is that a lot of the people in this fandom don't really like change very much. And you can see that from the reactions to the season 3 episode "Magical Mystery Cure". That's just my personal opinion anyhow.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

Because "cliche highschool drama" "cash grab" "needless romance" and people don't like that the first mlp movie didnt have ponies, but hey now they are making a pony mlp movie so thats fine, but personally I enjoyed it. The second was no doubt about it, better than the first one, but I even liked the first one. At first when it was announced I thought that it would be lame, but then I actually enjoyed it, and then I had the same reaction about the second one but I ended up liking that one even more!

Although I do agree slightly on some parts, like how they limit themselves to a highschool setting but they could still go beyond that, and if they're going to have a thing between twilight and flash sentry then they definitely need to step it up, it wouldn't bother me so much if they actually do something with it. All Flash did last movie was show the effect that the dazzling's spell had on people.

I thought they were trying to hard to appeal to all my food groups, aka meat.

On a real note, I thought it was ok, but honestly, to me, it felt like they were just making it in hopes that it'll help them get more fans in the long run by trying to make the characters appeal to everyone by making them human like.  Also not to mention the typical highschool scene and the prom thing are both annoying and it's not like we haven't seen enough of those, aka Disney channel.

Indeed. I don't get it either. Especially considering all the freaking fan art I found of them as humans before the movie was even made AND how so many people talked about the sexual fantasies they had of them as humans...And then when Hasbro actually does decide to make a movie with them as humans suddenly everyone starts bitching about it? What the actual fuck?

Because the movie was a badly written cashgrab that lacked any sort of passion whatsoever. I bet Lauren Faust was incredibly insulted when she heard this was coming out. All in all, IT SUCKED.

Edited by Arctofire

At first, I really hated it. Especially when I watched the trailer. Judging from their skin tone, it's going to be complete bullcrap. I downloaded the movie but never watched it. Then I heard about the sequel. I remember I ranted about it in some video. Also download that supposedly crappy movie. But then my younger sister happened to watch it, so I too joined her. And I gotta say, it ain't bad as I expected. Don't judge the book by its cover. I was wrong, very wrong. It was freaking awesome. They're all so attractive and cute. The story was okay, the second one was better though 'cause it has more action in it plus the songs are cool. So why do others hate EQG and RR? Well, they think it's just a marketing strategy to gain a few more bucks. It's true, it is indeed one but they pulled nicely. The other reason was the sexual fantasies others were having before the actual spin-offs and Hasbro actually made it. They hated it for that. So that's what I think I guess...

Edited by Snivinerior

• 2 weeks later...

My thread that I posted about just how much I hated this movie was locked and the moderators told me to post on this thread instead. I know I'm probably late to post and my opinion probably won't get noticed, but I'm going to explain in full detail just how much I detested this movie.

For starters, people have been saying that this movie was good, and that's just crap. Josh Scorcher said that people in this fandom praised awful pieces of trash like Dusk's Dawn, and its the same thing with this movie.

First off, right off the bat, this is tremendously insulting to Lauren Faust, the original writing crew, and its fan base. Lauren is a person who in my opinion has a creative mind similar to people like George Lucas: an idealistic artist. She was angry about how girls got awful shows to watch, and wanted to create something with substance. She re imagined a previously crappy franchise with colorful and memorable characters, compelling stories, and morals with valuable life lessons to teach kids. She decided to revolve the show around friendship, and what it means to be a good friend. The show also taught several other lessons, fighting against teenage high school media, and telling young women that they could be whoever they wanted to be, and that the best thing they could do was be themselves.

So how long would take to create a movie, which would completely contradict everything that this show rightfully stood for.

This movie was set in high school, and in the most bland way possible. Revolving around Twilight learning to fit in, facing off an alpha bitch, and falling in love with a bland nice guy. The mane 6 were replaced by the humane 5, with a 6th one joining by the end of the film. A group of unlikable idiots who cheapen the mane 6 as characters to the max, knowing that they can easily be replaced.

This is funny because at the start of the film Rainbow (the real one) says that their coming with Twi, only to be put down by Celestia. And while that wouldn't have saved the movie, we would have at least got to see our favorite characters go through the same experiences together like they always have done. But no, we got the narcissistic tomboy, the crazy moron, the vane prat, the shy one, and the boring one. Mere shadows of the fantastic characters that we grew attached to, and for some of us, even started to fall in love with.

Now Brad was one of the worst things about this movie, and this is a shame because romance was always something I thought Friendship is Magic would do well. But Brad is so bland, has nothing in common with Twilight, and is one of the many stereotypes that this movie has. He bumps into Twilight randomly and then decide to go to the dance together, even though we know nothing about him and is annoying as hell, he is officially brony Jar Jar.

This movies plot is also so boring and ridden with plot holes. Twilight behaves like a shallow new girl stereotype instead of the anxious bookworm we all grew to love. This movie crams as many cliche's in as it possibly can, and lacks ANY charm of the modern classic TV series. And did I mention the villains plan to take over Equestria with an army of teenagers. It changed a fun and respected cartoon into a poppy, cliche, teenage, high school, piece of crap. Little girls were probably just as bored and angry at this movie as we were, as the movie changed its demographic into put it simply, zombie teenagers.

So yeah, that's why I hated EQG.

Edited by Arctofire

One more thing I haven't seen mentioned is how the movie kinda takes Twilight's friendships for granted. In the pilot episodes they met, spent time together, and ultimately overcame obstacles to become a tight knit group of best friends, and at the end Twilight chooses she'd rather stay with them than return home.

In Equestria Girls, she just meets them and, well, they're kinda already friends so there's no need to actually have them become friends, even if the humans have never met her before and Twilight just acts like these are her friends from home. Then in the end, after they're shown to have the same powerful bond as Twilight with her real friends, she just chooses to go home with hardly any hesitation. Screw you guys, my REAL friends are waiting for me.

• 1 month later...

One more thing I haven't seen mentioned is how the movie kinda takes Twilight's friendships for granted. In the pilot episodes they met, spent time together, and ultimately overcame obstacles to become a tight knit group of best friends, and at the end Twilight chooses she'd rather stay with them than return home.

In Equestria Girls, she just meets them and, well, they're kinda already friends so there's no need to actually have them become friends, even if the humans have never met her before and Twilight just acts like these are her friends from home. Then in the end, after they're shown to have the same powerful bond as Twilight with her real friends, she just chooses to go home with hardly any hesitation. Screw you guys, my REAL friends are waiting for me.

Twilight Sparkle has obligations in Equestria and there is no way she would be able to live in the EG world. Is she suppose to impose on her new friends to live with them or maybe actually live in the school? She's gotten very far for a few days without identification and money.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle has obligations in Equestria and there is no way she would be able to live in the EG world. Is she suppose to impose on her new friends to live with them or maybe actually live in the school? She's gotten very far for a few days without identification and money.

Sunset Shimmer: "What!? Equestria! Your friends! Lost to you forever! Don't you see what I'm about to do to the portal?!"

Twilight Sparkle: "Yes, but I've also seen what you've been able to do here without magic. Equestria will find a way to survive without my Element of Harmony. This place might not, if I allow it to fall into your hands. So go ahead. Destroy the portal."  

Not saying she should have stayed, but it just creates a very blatant inconsistency in the narrative.

Edited by Dulset Tarn

Sunset Shimmer: "What!? Equestria! Your friends! Lost to you forever! Don't you see what I'm about to do to the portal?!"

Twilight Sparkle: "Yes, but I've also seen what you've been able to do here without magic. Equestria will find a way to survive without my Element of Harmony. This place might not, if I allow it to fall into your hands. So go ahead. Destroy the portal."  

Not saying she should have stayed, but it just creates a very blatant inconsistency in the narrative.

The Sledge Hammer to the portal threat was an inconsistent scene itself.

There is a difference of TS doing her duty to keep SS from getting that power by making a self-sacrifice vs. TS choosing to remain in the human world of her own choosing.

The consistence thing is that TS is not selfish, she doesn't sell out the human world and her crown to be able to go home and she isn't selfish to ditch her life in Equestria to stay in the human world.

Edited by Singe

The Sledge Hammer to the portal threat was an inconsistent scene itself.

There is a difference of TS doing her duty to keep SS from getting that power by making a self-sacrifice vs. TS choosing to remain in the human world of her own choosing.

Doesn't change the fact you were wrong.

Some people just think that it's just a lousy cash in, I personally think it's good. It allows me to expand fan-fic variety and crossovers. It's hard to picture a car race with chariots in Equestria. That's why you can think more. Sometimes, bad stuff can make good stuff.

Edited by ScarfaceOne
  • Brohoof 1

While I've been more or less indifferent until Rainbow Rocks, I do understand the issues people have with it.

A lot of people originally got into the show and became invested in ponies and the world of Equestria with the magic and mythological creatures there.

There's the accusation that main character has a love interest, which doesn't really go over to well with said love interest being underdeveloped and not having much personality aside from bumping into and having a crush on said character.

It also doesn't help that development of the Equestria Girls films has also delayed and cut into the production of a few seasons, which hasn't really helped endear many fans.

Back to the film itself, the fact that it centers on high school drama is something some people aren't really to keen on, which doesn't help that the film is riddled with plotholes.

• Brohoof 1