Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.

pleasedontcomeback

On the topic of EG.... was Derpy wearing white boots with a stripe on the front? Or sandals with socks?  :muffins:

The soles look like they might be boots but wearing socks with sandals is just.... a very derpy thing to do.... 

post-27453-0-27069200-1402791213_thumb.png

I never minded the movie but i found it kinda boring. It was basically the first ever episode of MLP but instead, it was a movie

Well let's see...

- Tons of plot holes.

- The story wasn't really entertaining.

- The two new chracters were really uninteresting and bland. Especially Flash Sentry.

- I hated how Twilight was the only one who could enter the mirror.

- The final battle and Sunset's redemption was really rushed.

- The songs were subpar.

- Sunset's plan. Uggh... That goddamn plan...

- The character designs for the human characters were awful.

Other than that, it was a mildly entertaining movie.

• Brohoof 1

personally, and I think I'm speaking for many people on here, these were the problems:  

It was kinda cliche 

Sunset Shimmer was a terrible villain. 

It was something we'd all seen in fanfics before. 

the mane 6 looked too much like dolls. 

It was something we'd all seen in fanfics before. (This problem is so bad, it's getting mentioned twice)

And, of course: It feels like it's going against the spirit of the show. 

That last one is definetly the worst one. Also, the whole "pony" motif they were going for with the wearable tails and ears was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Honestly, I don't think it would be so bad if they had just cut all connections to MLP and had it as a stand alone product as opposed to a spin off  

• Brohoof 1

Just so you are aware @Lankman, I have merged your thread with this already existing one for the discussion of everyone's opinion of Equestria Girls and their reasons for disliking the movie.  Please be sure to utilize the search function in the future.

Thank you and take care.

Discord - gradually and over multiple episodes

Well I'm going to have to disagree, I found Discord's reform to be rushed, unbelievable, and something of a mess.

I have not been pleased with hoq Discord has been handled, and feel his refirm could be better handled as part of a season long arc not just a handle of episodes not even started b a two parter.

(edited)

The movie should have been about two hours with the additional time given for Twilight to experience the new world, along with delving more into her friends personal lives. Plus some of that time also given to Sunset Shimmer backstory.

Instead of a song in the cafeteria to win over everyone, TS could have worked on winning over every group separately with help from one of the Mane 5. This would give her some one on one screen time with them.

Edited by Singe

I just think some hate the movie as a whole, because they actually implemented the ideas of the fandom. 

That, and the plot was rushed with some wierd moments. 

But me personally, I don't hate the movie because it got me to watch MLP and it made me into a fan of the series. 

I really liked Equestria Girls (and I'm looking forward to seeing Rainbow Rocks), but I can understand why people don't like it.

IMO, I think the weakest part of Equestria Girls (at least in the first movie) is the plot, To me, The plot felt rather forced and rushed. But I really liked the Character Designs and Musical numbers.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, so I just watched this for the first time and I'll admit. I've avoided it to this point because I didn't like the idea of seeing my favourite ponies as human equivalents. However, I decided to give it a chance today and found it a pleasant surprise. Whilst I didn't care for Flash Sentry and that pseudo 'romance' element, I really enjoyed Twilight uniting the former Mane Main 5 and Sunset Shimmer was just awful, in a good way! I found the first minutes of Twilight as a human a little hard to watch but their personalities shone through and made the designs much more acceptable than just seeing them as I had before outside of the movie. I loved AJ and Fluttershy's look and how the situation and characters were integrated into a school environment. Not perfect admittedly but far from horrible. 7.5/8 out of 10 for me, the music was great too :)

I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was creative. I did think that Sunset could have done more than just ruin Prom, like destroy the school. oh wait she did do that. And she tried to take control of every one. But maybe she could have done more in the beginning of the film, but I enjoyed it overall.

I actually enjoyed Equestria girls to an extent, sure it wasn't the best thing ever, but it wasn't terrible either. Atleast to me.

I find people are kinda split on it, some like it, others don't.

But I don't really find it a big deal, others like and dislike of Equestria girls doesn't affect my like of it.

Of course like I said it's just my personal opinion that I enjoyed it, I'm sure not everyone did, and that's ok, we all have our own personal likes and dislikes, and obviously not everyone is going to love or enjoy each the same episodes, or hate the same episodes for that matter.

Of course I will say that I'm pretty easy to impress, atleast I think.

(I'm sounding like a broken record saying this, but whatever)

The plot feels half-thrown together, the villain is the very definition of pathetic, the songs are rage-inducing, Twilight's love interest is f***ing pointless, there are quite a few irrelevant scenes, it makes Luna look like a dumbass AND the redemption of Sunset Shimmer is just GODAWFUL.

One of the worst films I've ever seen

I thought it was OK, not great but not terrible.

My personal problems with it were..

-Cliched Shipping Moments

-Generic Pop Music

-A lot of the human forms didn't transition well from pony forms.

Spike becoming a dog (with everypony else (even the Diamond Dogs) becoming humans) and Sunset's plan insulting everybrony's intelligence.

I have a theory: Because Spike was hatched from an egg in Equestria while the Diamond Dogs were obviously born like any other mammal, it's changed around in Canterlot High where the mammals-in-Equestria are humans and the reptiles-in-Equestria are apparently pets.

I know it's weak, but at least it's some explanation.  :mellow:

I will admit that it wasn't AS BAD as I thought it was going to be. I did enjoy bits and pieces here and there... the songs were good, and the characters were akin to their pony characters for the most part.

The thing that bothered me the most is the character designs. I know that my complaints may be considered petty and picky, but how the characters looked distracted me the ENTIRE FREAKING TIME. How come in the human world, without magic of any kind, all the people look like colorful little alien people from the future? Like... WHY!? It didn't make any sense. The whole time I was really trying to enjoy the movie, but in the back of my mind there was just a constant stream of thoughts such as "her skin is purple...... their eyes are giant.... the feet OMG WHY ARE THE FEET SO BIG... why, OH WHY the thigh-high boots... RAINBOW DASH WEARS A POOFY DRESS SERIOUSLY WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TO..."

It would have been so much more likable if they just would have made cute girls with normal-looking human features. They can make super-cute ponies, why can't they make cute human girls? Why did they have to be weird human-alien-horse-hybrid creatures?

This was obviously a marketing tool to compete in the doll market, but it doesn't end up making any sense because THE DOLLS ARE UGLY. I once was a little girl who bought Barbies by the ton, and I would never EVER buy one of the Equestria Girl dolls. They are just creepy.

I just hate teenage movies / shows (eg: hannah montana) and while watching EQG i just feeling like watching one. When i see Sunset bulliying other people am like "ok im done with this" seeing people / animal or creature just leaves a bad feeling inside me, story wasnt good at all (i expect Twilight stand in human world more and other Ponies worry about she, then Chrysalis attack when Twilight fighting with Sunset Shimmer. After Twilight come back to Equestria found the Crystal City is under attack, release her friends free and defeat Chrysalis then found Chrysalis and Sunset was allies and planned all this maybe Discord would help them too Chrysalis vs Discord would be epic! :D) but i liked the songs also it has some funny moments, i dont hate it, i even like, i gave the movie like 6.5/10.

Same thing. I never liked those kinds of movies anyway.

The movie had so much time to good writing. But unfortunately that potential of good writing was lost and many were diapointed. Its not only that the six are in human form, its the bad writing. It was cheesy, had highschool clichéd romance, lost potential in the characters, and a over enlarged plot that could have been easily fitted into an normal duration episode. The movie unfortunately is canon, hence it continues to receive references both in the show and in the comics.

Nuffsaid.