Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would an idiot with heart of gold a have chance with Twilight Sparkle?

Bendy

17 users have voted

1. 1. Would an idiot with heart of gold a have chance with Twilight Sparkle?

• An idiot with heart of gold would have a chance.
    • You would have to be smart.

(edited)

Example of an idiot with heart of gold (aka a nice good person), like Fry from Futurama. Doesn't have to be Fry (If you don't like HIE or Futurama), but someone like him.

Or would you have to be very smart to win Twilight's heart?

Edited by Rush

Twilight admires everyone for their own special strengths, but I think they'd need to be able to hold an intelligent conversation with her to actually win her heart.  Niceness is great, but people do need at least some things in common to be compatible. 

Twilight's never come across as the type to even think about romance so it's entirely possible that she would never fall for anyone no matter who they are. She's very dedicated to her friends and her career. Women like that often don't feel the need for romance in their lives.

An idiot with a hear of gold would probably have a better shot with Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie but it is not entirely impossible for an idiot with a heart of gold to have a chance with Twilight but it is a tad unlikely.

It's entirely possible that an idiot with a heart of gold would have a chance with Twilight. He might blow that chance, but he might not. They could have a working relationship, though I'd imagine he might annoy her sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea what she's looking for in a guy and to say it would impossible would be a lie, so there could be chance she might like him. Flash also seemed like more of a nice guy, so yeah he could have a chance.

I would say a fool with a heart of gold would have the greatest chance with Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie. I say this because Fluttershy is the element of kindness and it works out. Pinkie Pie is of course Pinkie Pie so there is no question an idiot with a heart of gold would have a shot. Twilight not so much in a relationship. 

Personally I don't see it.  I mean, she's a princess and a bookworm, she's not "sophisticated" but she's still most definitely from Canterlot.. intelligent, neat and orderly.  I only see an "idiot" getting on her nerves thus they would not be compatible.

but hey anything's possible.. I guess. lol

Yeahh, but that doesn't mean they'd end up together :D

Twilight, like all of the mane 6, seems to value inner beauty more than outer beauty (Yes, even Rarity does that, even though her value on outer beauty is placed much heavier than the other 5) and if he was a genuinely good guy, he'd have a shot :D

It would be interesting to see Derpy and Twilight try to date.

But personally I think that while she would befriend you for having a heart of gold, the idiot would not be able to quite get her into a relationship.

I can't help but think of the term 'idiot' in relation to its ancient Greek origins where the term ἰδιώτης referred to a private individual who detached themselves from public affairs. Using this interpretation, I can't see it working as Twilight is a princess and concerns herself with the wellbeing of others. 

In terms of modern interpretation, I think Twilight would need someone who challenges her intellectually also.

:blush:

Well, I suppose it depends on what you think of Flash Sentry! ^_^ lol

Seriously though, I think that with Twilight, while she would love an intelligent partner, I think that she would probably fall for a person without much intelligence too. To me, it seems that it's not the brain that matters to Twilight, but rather the heart, so an idiot with a heart of gold would certainly have a chance. Maybe she'd even have preference towards idiots so that she would be the undisputed egghead of Ponyville! xD