Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Luna is overrated...

QuestioningLogic

Princess Luna is the single most overrated pony in the entire show. She had ONE episode, and it was good. So, everybody likes her. Okay. All of the mane 6 and Spike have had multiple good episodes, and none of them have become as popular as Luna.

Since "Luna Eclipsed", what has she done? NOTHING. She was a troll in "A Canterlot Wedding," and she had supporting roles in "Sleepless in Ponyville" and "For Whom the Sweetie Bells Toil." She was pretty good in Sleepless, but she seemed pretty bland in Bells. At this point, I could see that people would still like her, but then I get on the interwebs and see the same level of enthusiasm from Season 2! I don't see how people STILL like her this much!

It even extends to the fan works. In "Fall of the Crystal Empire," instead of a three way battle, Celestia gets knocked out 5 minutes in. Then Luna goes all Nightmare Moon on Sombra and SHE gets the big badass moment, not Celestia and her TOGETHER, like it should've been.

It just pisses me off because I actually like Celestia better and I can't understand why everybody likes her SO MUCH. Respond with your own opinions about Luna, and I am prepared for the hate.

• Brohoof 2

Before this thread is locked for potentially hurting people's feelings, I should say that Luna is probably overrated. She seems very distant and angry instead of humble and gracious for being given a second chance. She might be jealous of Twilight as well considering her visible anger at her during the Crystal Empire episodes. Other than that, where is the character development for this princess?

• Brohoof 2

1. It doesn't especially matter what happens in a fan work.  Make your own fan work, and give Celestia the big moment lol.  I wrote a fanfic where Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were "more than friends."  Had no affect on the canon / the characters therein whatsoever.  Sadly.

2. Why make a seemingly inflammatory topic inviting "hate" from other members?  How will any of this make you feel better?  Whether or not someone likes the character you like (or prefers a character you dislike) shouldn't affect you in any significant way.  You're free to like Celestia as much as you want (you can even worship her as a goddess - I've seen it!).

3. Rainbow Dash is best pony.

4. See #3.

• Brohoof 2

I prefer Celestia, but I don't hate Luna.  I can see why people like her.  She has a unique color scheme and design as compared to the rest of the ponies.  She's got a good backstory and she has trouble adjusting to modern life, and it's nice to see how she reacts to things like Nightmare Night.

The reason she gets as much attention as she does is because she has a good character design and a lot of potential thanks to her personality. It gives a lot of leeway, as in her short appearance we saw that she's very strong willed (badass points), kind of awkward (amp that up and she scored cute points). She's associated with the night, which adds the edgy and cool factor. You can make her a lot of things, which the fandom does. Awkward and kind of funny but also adorable as a result. Cold and distant anti-hero. Return her to Nightmare Moon, who is an iconic villain. She has a bit of everything, and fandom loves characters like that in general because they can do whatever they want and it makes sense.

Is she overrated? Yes, a bit. But by design, it's understandable why.

• Brohoof 4

Due to the inflammatory nature of this topic, the moderation team has decided to lock it. Expressing dislike about any character you want is perfectly fine, but the way this topic is worded is likely to start a flame war. It's important to word your thoughts in a more tactful manner.

Additionally, there is no need for this topic when there are other topics such as this one that are worded in a reasonable manner where you can discuss your thoughts regarding Princess Luna.

• Brohoof 4