The 4DE Plushes

Someone finally got back to my email. Here's what she said about the "bulk".

Dear XXX,

Thank you for writing in.

I apologize for the delay. We are working on getting them out as fast as we can. We have gotten a small amount of the new models out, but are still waiting on the bulk of the shipment later this month. If you need to change your delivery address (XXXXXXXXX) or make changes or cancellations to your order (Rainbow Dash), please let me know and I will be happy to assist. Thank you very much for all your time and patience which has been greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Angela

Here's something else I found from somebody's Facebook post.

I got a reply from them! They basically told me that they're gonna be focusing on the ones already set for preorderable before they get to Applejack and Trixie. But that they don't see this prolonging past October. (We'll see) Also also, there's apparently an internal situation they're tryin ta work around that's causing this whole delay situation. They don't much wanna talk about it right now, but will later. I really hope that their seamstresses or producing company isn't sick or disbanded or worse dead….

By "internal", I'm assuming the orders have been backed up because of a brony employee stealing plushes? That would explain a lot, but it would suck extremely.

• Brohoof 1

This is actually good news because the previous wave of copy pasta emails left the bulk shipment open ended. This one seems to have it narrowed down. I'd say we'll have our orders by the end of November.

I pre-ordered my Fluttershy almost a year ago, it's ridiculous they haven't shipped them yet. Luckily, I still have my email for my order, along with the confirmation email of them charging me. I'll be keeping those close just in case if I don't get my order.

First it's the end of summer, then the end of October, and now the end of November. Ridiculous.

Thank you for writing in! I'm sorry for the long wait. We are working on getting them out to everyone as fast as we can. We have had to deal with various issues from multiple places, but we have gotten a small amount of the new models out from a small advance shipment, and are still waiting on the bulk of the cargo's shipment to reach us, which would be in mid November. So (if you placed your order with us, as I didn't see one with this email address in my queue) we should be able to package your order before the end of November, or if you placed your order with another party they will also be getting their stock around when we do as well. We will have official updates on that later on our Twitter where we may mention some of the slow downs. If you need to change your delivery address or make any changes or cancellations to your order, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you. Thank you very much for all your time and patience which has been greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Angela

So I've finally got response on my email. Got already mentioned thing about bulk shipment and mid-November. HOWEVER, the mentioned something else: a countdown on their web page! Also the update that will accompany it soon.

Should I ask them whether or not they are THAT serious about it that they did a countdown thing?

Anyway, here's the copy of their response:

Hi there again!

Yes, actually we should have an update soon to accompany the countdown we have on the main website now. We received final confirmation from the shipper that they should reach us in mid-November, and so bulk shipments should reach both us and some of our distributors around then. Thanks for asking!

Sincerely,

Angela.

I would buy one, but not if it takes over a year to get it. It's extremely rare for me to stay in the same place for over a year. It would probably be shipped before we know where we're moving to but arrive after we movie. Maybe the new owners are MLP fans? The previous owners were. I got a DJ Pon-3 plushie and a Sweetie Belle toy that got left behind. Nevermind about that. I just wish I could stay in the same place long enough so that I can order something that may take a year to get. In fact, we're probably moving in four months. 

I would buy one, but not if it takes over a year to get it. It's extremely rare for me to stay in the same place for over a year. It would probably be shipped before we know where we're moving to but arrive after we movie. Maybe the new owners are MLP fans? The previous owners were. I got a DJ Pon-3 plushie and a Sweetie Belle toy that got left behind. Nevermind about that. I just wish I could stay in the same place long enough so that I can order something that may take a year to get. In fact, we're probably moving in four months. 

If you are in the US, you might wanna have a chat with the folks in your local UPS Store.

You can get a p.o. box like thing there, that can receive packages, and they'll probably be a lot more flexible, when it comes to forwarding services.

Being the proud owner of a Twilight Sparkle I'm very excited about the release of Applejack. According to their Twitter, the rest of the Mane 6 will be available in Fall. Do you think they will be released all together in this case? The wait in between them thus far has been rather long and I grow more impatient each day :P

Which one(s) will you guys be ordering when they're out? :D

Personally, I am glad that they have announced that Applejack's coat color would be getting the proper color treatment that it deserves, as that image is more showing a Dandelion Yellow, whereas Applejack owns a more Gamboge Orange coat color.

But when they finally decided ta release these beauties, it -will- be the best mare of the bunch, Applejack. 

I mean, seriously, what ever would I do -not- picking her ta start off with?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

We need some minor characters, no lie. I'd be excited to see some extended Pie family plushies (would love to see Marble Pie, just saying), and some extended Apple family plushies. Shoot, I just want every pony as a plush.  :comeatus: But what we really need is a three foot or so tall Celestia plush...  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Is it just me or their noses are a little bit bigger than they should be?

I was thinking the same as well. That Rarity looks particularly lovely though. :D

I was thinking the same as well. That Rarity looks particularly lovely though. :D

Indeed. She is just...FABULOSO!

By the way, does anypony know anything additional plushies? In their wave 1 update 4DE named all of the plushies they will release. Applejack was in that list. Shall they put at least her on sale? Or, perhaps, because of all those delays, they decided to focus on those that were already put on pre-sale?

Fluttershy's nose is definitely too big. They didn't even get the silhouette for her mane right. I don't know how they could screw her and Trixie up after they did such a good job on Twilight and Pinkie. I would have gotten my niece all of the Main Six if it hadn't been for those patterns. Now I'm perfectly content with her having just Pinkie and RD.  

I think with RD though, it might just be the 3/4 angle that makes her nose look awkward. The way the ponies' faces are designed in the show generally don't translate that well to any three-dimensional plush. But from what I'm seeing, the proportions on her face don't seem to be different from those prototype pics of her. If anything, her face might be the widest one of the three. She should still look fine in profile view.