Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 4DE Plushes

Yeah, most of my back orders take about two weeks, the 4d twilight took about 6 weeks. As soon as I am allowed to preorder any new 4D plushies I will pass it along to everypony here and I will come up with some kind of special for MLP Forum members. Has anyone seen the MLP winter edition plushies from Aurora?

Am I like the only one who hasn't seen it yet? I keep hearing of people who have but I can never find it. :(

Previews World dropped the bomb, but periodically 4DE tweeted a few previews, like the Applejack, Big Mcintosh, Rarity and Fluttershy. Here's the link: http://www.previewsworld.com/support/previews_docs/pplus/archives/prevplus1133.pdf

You may need to copy and paste that. The thing that irritates me is how long it's taking for Fluttershy to get here. She was first previewed at SDCC 2013, and still isn't ready yet. I'm still waiting for the pre-order to show up, but even more so, I'm waiting for Dashie. She's the one I'm really after.

• Brohoof 2

Previews World dropped the bomb, but periodically 4DE tweeted a few previews, like the Applejack, Big Mcintosh, Rarity and Fluttershy. Here's the link: http://www.previewsworld.com/support/previews_docs/pplus/archives/prevplus1133.pdf

You may need to copy and paste that. The thing that irritates me is how long it's taking for Fluttershy to get here. She was first previewed at SDCC 2013, and still isn't ready yet. I'm still waiting for the pre-order to show up, but even more so, I'm waiting for Dashie. She's the one I'm really after.

I saw all the updates, but they never posted a picture of their Dashie plushie. She looks so adorable! :wub: :wub: :wub:  Thanks so much for posting this! :)

• Brohoof 1

I saw all the updates, but they never posted a picture of their Dashie plushie. She looks so adorable! :wub: :wub: :wub: Thanks so much for posting this! :)

It would be 20% cooler, if not more, if 4DE somehow sped up production. The waiting is absolutely killing me. It's killing me not having Dashie, let alone the rest of the Mane 6. I mean come on, how would anyone NOT want this?post-28934-0-60502100-1407791390.jpg

Edited by Smash N Dash
  • Brohoof 4

I'm really disappointed in 4DE. I had preordered Twi and Pinkie and was literally months and months and months and I never got them, so I cancelled my order. I saw the new stuff they're going to come out with... but honestly? I'll believe it when I actually see it... -_- They take too long...

I'm really disappointed in 4DE. I had preordered Twi and Pinkie and was literally months and months and months and I never got them, so I cancelled my order. I saw the new stuff they're going to come out with... but honestly? I'll believe it when I actually see it... -_- They take too long...

I agree that they appear to take a long time to have product available. They do sell at conventions so you could go to one and buy them there.

I agree that they appear to take a long time to have product available. They do sell at conventions so you could go to one and buy them there.

Not only that, but try Amazon. That's how I got my hands on Twilight after 4DE ran out of stock in their own online store. Plus it's probably cheaper (free shipping on most), and both Twilight and Pinkie were delivered only a few days after ordering.

• Brohoof 1

Not only that, but try Amazon. That's how I got my hands on Twilight after 4DE ran out of stock in their own online store. Plus it's probably cheaper (free shipping on most), and both Twilight and Pinkie were delivered only a few days after ordering.

Yer I got both of mine from ebay, worked out cheaper to ship to the UK than the 4DE store!

My whole thing with the 4DE plushies is that they give so much quality at a fairly decent price, despite they're only about 11" (28 cm) in height. It also seems as if with each pony they release, the quality seems to get better. That sense of improvement even between the Twilight and Pinkie I have is THAT apparent.

Yeah, I've considered ordering plushies from other places just because of how bad I want Dashie, but either they're an arm-and-a-leg expensive for something that is as close to show accurate as possible, or it's affordable for an undetailed, ill-proportioned mess. To a degree, 4DE bridges that gap, and I do think they're worth waiting for.

Now, with that being said, 4DE should have gotten a better understanding how popular their plushies were going to be, and prepare more accordingly. I think what's created such a backlog is R&D and marketing. Think about it: Twilight was released by herself, and Pinkie Pie followed. I guess once the buzz about Fluttershy came about, they rethought their strategy and decided to bundle the rest of their planned plushies together and release in one big bomb, so to speak.

It's a good and bad strategy at the same time. It's good because releasing all at once means everypony will be able to get which plushie(s) they want. It's a bad strategy, because not only have they created this drought of new products, but assuming most of you are like me, you're going to want more than one, and some ponies can't afford all they want at once, meaning 4DE will lose some sales and profit. I guess it would be considered "penny smart, dollar stupid."

The smart thing to do would be to release one every few months or so. Yeah, you'd have to wait for the plushie you want to be released, but the minute it is, you'd have the money for it, and you could eventually buy however many you wish.

Regardless, I am very satisfied with the quality and workmanship of not only the ponies they have already released, but also the ones on the works.

I do have one complaint, and it lies with the Dashie they're planning. It's adorable, I absolutely dig it, but I wish they could maybe do a bit more work on her mane, particularly on the top of her head. It looks too spiky and not show accurate enough for me. I know it's fabric and everything, and I know it's not the easiest to get sharper, clean points with, but I think a bit more effort can be put into Dashie, just to make her that much more realistic.

Do they sell them on amazon UK?

I just checked. They do, but you have to look a little bit. You have to search "Twilight Sparkle Plush" and "Pinkie Pie Plush."

• Brohoof 1

I really wanna thank you for letting me know I can get them off amazon uk, but the pricing however uuuhhh I'll let bad cop explain.

It's probably because they have to be imported from the U.S., because even when converting the currencies, there's a large difference in pricing.

That's true. I saw the current 4DE plushies at Bronycon; one booth even selling BOTH Twi and Pinkie together for $30... holy shit! I think I would definitely buy them at a con esp since I'm going to Bronycon and probably Big Apple Ponycon next year. I should say I'm more than willing to wait for plushies...I got custom pony plushies made that took over 7 months+ (including time I was on waiting list though). It's just that 4DE seems to take forever even when pre-orders or up and they haven't produced a single new plush yet. -_-

That's true. I saw the current 4DE plushies at Bronycon; one booth even selling BOTH Twi and Pinkie together for $30... holy shit! I think I would definitely buy them at a con esp since I'm going to Bronycon and probably Big Apple Ponycon next year. I should say I'm more than willing to wait for plushies...I got custom pony plushies made that took over 7 months+ (including time I was on waiting list though). It's just that 4DE seems to take forever even when pre-orders or up and they haven't produced a single new plush yet. -_-

Yeah. I don't buy full plushes except at conventions. I got the $30 deal and it was worth the bits. Now, all I need is a decent Fluttershy and Rarity plush and I will have a full set.

I'm kind of surprised that you all had so much trouble waiting around for your orders to ship, because I had no trouble when I ordered mine, despite buying in at the height of the holiday shopping season. Heck, it only took them five days to fulfill my order! (Shipping was another question, but again...holiday shopping season!)

@truth is life you got lucky then, I ordered twilight plushies from probably the largest distributor in the country and it took about 6 weeks but they did finally show up yesterday.

Edited by FlyBunny

I love the Big Mac in the top post, and I particularly love that the cutie marks and eyes are embroidered, rather than painted.  I would definitely pick up a  Big Mac.

Unless you've been time-traveling, that seems unlikely.

As for myself, I am very happy with my Twilight plush from 4DE and am very much looking forwards to their releases this fall. The main problem I'm having is deciding which to get, given that I can only realistically have a few more...Luna looks awesome, Rarity looks awesome, Fluttershy is pretty cool, Celestia is cool...

I have! No lie!

I have! No lie!

I have a rainbow dash, not been time traveling. lol

I have! No lie!

I have a rainbow dash, not been time traveling. lol

Alright, if you seem so confident, then why don't you show some physical evidence to back up your claim?