Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Songs you're embarassed you like

Kaneki

• 5 weeks later...

Lady Goo Goo- Lets do the Moshi dance: feels embarrassing admitting to liking a song from the Moshi Monsters franchise. I find it funny and adorable (although if it was Pinkie Pie singing it would be way more awesome) 

Edited by Scootaloodle

What songs do you like that some or many may dislike, making it hard to admit liking that song?

Personally, I like Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. Not the stupid lyrics that may or may not be NSFW, but the beat is just so dang catchy. Not gonna post the video cause it's very controversial.

You?

I like the beat for "Blurred Lines" as well, but don't like the actual song ;p.

I am so sorry about this

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

and no I am not rick rolling you guys I really do like this song you may now hate my guts

I actually quite like this song as well ;p.

I know I'm going to get beat up for this, but aw what the heck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3G5IXn0K7A

Both of those songs I remember listening to as a kid ;p.

Anyways, as for songs that I am embarrassed to like... Oh dear where do I start?

A bunch of pop songs, some more popular ones. 

Um, to provide some examples.

"Catch my Breath" By Kelly Clarkson

"Trouble" By Taylor Swift

"When I Was Your Man" By Bruno Mars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJT0Suanqhg

"All of Me" By John Legend(This song plays super often on the radio, but I still kind of like it regardless ;p.)

There are plenty more pop songs I like, but may not admit to them all, I think i've covered that section enough though ;p.

There's also some country songs I like, but I'm kind of embarrassed to like the genre in general at times. Not sure why.

"I Wont Give Up" By Jason Mraz

"Stand" By Rascal Flatts

And there are others, but I'll save you the links ;p.

I actually like basically music from any genre, just as long as it's appealing to me, I try not to limit myself, but I do have to admit I am sometimes embarrassed by liking some music.

(I also like a Justin Beiber song kinda, and "What Makes You Beautiful" By one Direction, but I think I've embarassed myself enough... Right?)

Oh, and I like a few Nickleback songs, and I've got into some Linkin Park, which are both kinda infamous Rock bands.

I should also mention Rock is my main genre I listen to most often.

I suppose I have a slight embarrassment to liking MLP songs, but yeah ;p.

Um.. And I think that gives you all an idea, I've embarassed myself enough. You can condemn my music tastes all you like, i'm still going to listen to whatever my ear likes ;p. Sorry D:

Ps. This post makes me look super girly xD.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7yc0v1frN4

Pure 80s synth pop... The style and decade of music a lot of people know I really do not like at all. It even has a gross pushy male character: "Don't you want me? I was so nice to you! If you don't return my love I will make you pay for it!" *throws up in hand*

But somehow the synths in this song actually sound really cool and invoke a sense of "retro" that I actually like. There's no saving those lyrics, though.

Edited by Envy

• 2 months later...

I'm no longer embarrassed about anything I listen to, but some of my old "guilty pleasure" songs used to be Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".

Abba's "Dancing Queen"

And "Asereje" (The Ketchup Song), by Las Ketchup.

Edited by There is only Ditzy.
  • Brohoof 1

It's really catchy.

I'm only going to post the lyric video because the actual video is pretty perverted. I'll most likely get banned for posting NSFW. lol

I like Rednex songs

I'd post "The Way I Mate" but I don't think it's appropriate to post that here. Basically if you wanna hear that song, look it up on your own accord. But yeah. It's a guilty pleasure. I know it's bad music. I admit that. But I like it anyway.

Thankfully with Cotton Eye Joe, so do 9 million other people xD