Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Grim, Dark, Sad Dissucion

IRegretThisWholePartOfM

Recently, one of me and my old friend stoped hanging out because of this question, but do you think the fandom should accept the writers like me with no problem, or should our work be censored, and then hidden to inly people really looking for that kind of stuff. His argument, and i understand his point, is that the brony fandom is built around friendship, and love, but I still withhold, that there has to be someone to balence out the sides of the fandom (The Grim, Dark, Sad writers) 
So, yeah, been bugging me for a while, so any opinions would probably help, thanks!

(edited)

The fandom as a whole supports even the dark writers.  Individuals sometimes aren't ok with it, but you must know that you can't please everyone.  If writing dark things is what you like to do, I think you should do that, and know that while some people don't like it, others will.

Edited by ScumCandy

Honestly, I am all into the friendship and love of the fandom, but I absolutely ADORE grimdark fanfics. I think that those fanfics shouldn't be censored, but should have a caption. If people freak out due to gore or horror-stuff, they shouldn't read it. There's always the light and the dark, which means every fandom in the foundation of time and space will have its good, lovey stuff, but will also have the spooky, gory stuff that some people love. 

For the sake of the target demographic (little kids) the Grim/Dark/Sad stuff should be well hidden, but I do not believe it should be censored. Humanity has been telling horror stories since we first learned to string a sentence together. A fascination with the darker aspects of ourselves is a fundamental part of our nature. There's no shame in it, and it's not about to change.

Just stick that stuff in FiMFiction under the gore tag so nobody who doesn't want to see it comes across it. If you're going to put it elsewhere, a GIANT notice before the story commences that this is a Grim/Dark/Sad story and only appropriate for adult viewers is a good idea.

As for art, just tag it correctly and make sure it doesn't show up under Google safe-search. Deviantart: Mature viewers only. Tumblr: NSFW tag. Bad art is the easiest thing for little kids to find, so it must must must must be flagged mature or NSFW.