Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder

Stancet

Since I couldn't find a topic that was already covering this, here it is!

Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder (TSSSF). It's a free collectable card game about Twilight Sparkle's horrible shipfics. Equestria Daily Article. How many ways do I like this game before I've even played it?

1) Shipfics are fun. They're amusing. They're silly. Sometimes they're genuinely romantic.

2) Poking fun at Twilight's fan fiction is the perfect charm a game like this needs.

3) The game has so many ridiculous references it's impossible not to laugh.

4) The scoring mechanics behind laying your cards down is brilliant (says a serious board gamer).

I can't believe it, but this game sounds like card gaming gold.

• Brohoof 1

Since I couldn't find a topic that was already covering this, here it is!

Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder (TSSSF). It's a free collectable card game about Twilight Sparkle's horrible shipfics. Equestria Daily Article. How many ways do I like this game before I've even played it?

1) Shipfics are fun. They're amusing. They're silly. Sometimes they're genuinely romantic.

2) Poking fun at Twilight's fan fiction is the perfect charm a game like this needs.

3) The game has so many ridiculous references it's impossible not to laugh.

4) The scoring mechanics behind laying your cards down is brilliant (says a serious board gamer).

I can't believe it, but this game sounds like card gaming gold.

Ffft this is actually pretty awesome.
  • Brohoof 1

When I saw this I was like..."what the hay is this?"

I tried once to make a game like this but I gave up because I thought I wasn't the man for the job, but apparently it is possible. 

• 1 month later...

Got a deck at BCon, absolutely love it x) I don't ship characters much, but I love the game for its' incredibly detailed and intelligent setup, the amount of effort and humor put into it, and the variety of characters and ideas. Hope to see extensions in the future!

Interesting, now I'll have to find some one to play with in person :P I wonder how my gaming group would react? Cards Against Humanity got old and Kittens in a Blender has bland mechanics. Yes we are those people. Game of Things is still a go. On an unrelated note: meat curtains :lol:

Thanks for posting this. I love games, and there aren't enough pony ones  :angry:

I I know, and there being a fan-made card game is great. I wish they sold them online, but then they'd anger the wrath of Hasbro's ban hammer

Started a game called "ChangelingPhilosopher's Study Hall" on the VASSAL engine. Feel free to join.

EDIT: mostly played around with the cards. Game is over.

Edited by ChangelingPhilosophy

There were tons of people playing the game at Bronycon. Managed to get 3 games in. Only finished one. First one had people leaving to go to poker and the last one had 11 people involved, so we only managed to get though one round before we got kicked out of the building.  Got another game in here at home with a few friends. Managed to win my first game there. My brother demoed the game at the comic shop where we play the CCG and said it went over well, although the guy who usually sweeps the CCG tourneys also dominated TSSSF. 

As for most humorous ships? Don't remember too many of mine, but one guy managed to have Granny smith get Donut Joe pregnant. Yes. That happened.  I also remember Flim and Flam being on the run w/ Maho Shojo Derpy. That sounded more like a comedy than a romance fic.  

• Brohoof 1

As for most humorous ships? Don't remember too many of mine, but one guy managed to have Granny smith get Donut Joe pregnant. Yes. That happened.  I also remember Flim and Flam being on the run w/ Maho Shojo Derpy. That sounded more like a comedy than a romance fic.

And that's where all the terrifying abominations on then Internet come from :P

Yeah, I've heard of it. It's not official Hasbro merchandise, is it ?

Not available in UK nor France, though.

A friend of mine bought it from Bronycon and I'm playing it right now! Edited by Twilight Mist

Chaotic Discord picked this game up at BronyCon and I played it with him and nlaq one evening in his hotel room. It was hilarious. Didn't get to finish the game though because I was passing out at 5:10 in the morning. Hopefully I get to play it again sometime with some folks before next BronyCon. :P

• Brohoof 2