Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open ESFU: Operation Russian Blizzard (War/Action)

Nameless Knight

Viper laughed along with chetnik "I guess so, so you will be donating body parts to us if we lose anymore?" She joked as she nudged him, "so which chopper am I boarding?" She flipped her mane from in front of her face. She hoped it was on one which had a pony she was familiar with.

(edited)

Up pulls a UAZ, its brakes make a slight whine as it comes to a halt.  Sergei emerges, bags under his eyes, lower face covered in stubble. 

"Apologies for being late, I was on leave dealing with some family issues when I got the call."

Sergei quickly reaches into the rear of the UAZ to retrieve a SMERSH vest , AK-74MN, and a Grach. 

"Everything has already been packed, let me throw on my vest."

Edited by Sergei

"your coming with us" Specter said to Viper and looked at Chetnik. "Also your not the only one that's no longer married, Chetnik." Specter said as he stood up. The Specter walk over to the pilot and said "Might as well introduce the stallion who is going to be our pilot for this mission. Team, meet Vertabird." Specter pointed at the pilot. The pilot looked at everypony and said "So your the Team I keep hearing about..." Specter then saw the UAZ pull up and said "Spetnaz helicopter is over there" Specter point in the direction of the Spetnaz copter.

(edited)

(new OC coming soon, can the character be 16, he's supposed to be Chetnik's nephew or something)

As the Spetsnaz helicopter came to a halt Chetnik approached it to see if his nephew, but he wasn't there.

"This is an outrage! My nephew comes here and you simply forget him? My god, you people have lost your grip ever since Krushchev died..."

Edited by Chetnik

Mirage shook his head in boredom, this helicopter should of taken off minutes ago, instead the squad had decided to have a party, I bet the bad guys are preping the AA missiles while we waste our time talking, he turned to face the leader of the squad, specter.

"Sir we need to go now, otherwise we are going to be late to the drop zone, and I'm sure I shouldn't need to tell you that turning up late to the drop zone can get your squad killed"

(edited)

Walking over to where the others are Sergei stopped and casually wrapped his arms around his Kalashnikov

"Latest intel is that the Russian Navy ordered the Destroyer Udaloy to intercept the ship and monitor from a distance and provide support. The Admiral Kuznetsov is also within 750km of the ship, making air operations a bit easier."

Edited by Sergei

Specter looked at Mirage "Fuck, your right, we should get moving why they still don't know we're coming." Specter said "Everyone get in" Specter said as he sat down in the Heli. Specter loaded his M4 and his pistol with fresh clips. Specter holstered his pistol and waited for everypony to get on board."Also our UAVs show that they don't have any AA guns on the boat, Its just a simple Cargo ship. The worst they may have would be a stinger or RPG-7. 

Specter looked at Mirage "Fuck, your right, we should get moving why they still don't know we're coming." Specter said "Everyone get in" Specter said as he sat down in the Heli. Specter loaded his M4 and his pistol with fresh clips. Specter holstered his pistol and waited for everypony to get on board."Also our UAVs show that they don't have any AA guns on the boat, Its just a simple Cargo ship. The worst they may have would be a stinger or RPG-7.

"even if it's just a simple caro ship they are not going to ignore a helicopter coming in their direction they may also have a air radar for low flying aircraft but anyways I haven't seen you guys in six years other than spectres wife dying and Chetnik forgetting how to shave what has been going on with your lives?"

Viper hoped into the chopper Spector was to board and made sure she had everything. She sat of the edge of the chopper and waited for the others. She took out some goggles from her bag and placed them over her eyes. Her breathing was calm yet ready to quicken at the first sight of the enemy. She had been on plenty of successful missions before. Hopefully the new soldiers had brought new possibilities to the table to get this mission done.

Sergei waved at the Russian chopper pilots to start up the rotor, then began to double check is equipment and ensure everything was accounted for.

"We are going in separate choppers are we not? And what does the hostage situation look like? Do we need another chopper if there are any?" said he, looking towards the others.

"even if it's just a simple caro ship they are not going to ignore a helicopter coming in their direction they may also have a air radar for low flying aircraft but anyways I haven't seen you guys in six years other than spectres wife dying and Chetnik forgetting how to shave what has been going on with your lives?"

"I didn't simply forget, I worked as a priest a few years ago and the beard just stuck. I think it looks nice, kind of a homage to the movement I was named after."

As the group was starting to leave, a small Russian helicopter landed nearby. Out of it exited a young Russian recruit - the talented but inexperienced Stevan -Chetnik's nephew. (he's 16, but I can change it to 18 if you want - I'll put up his characteristics in Spetsnaz OOC later)

"OH, YOU MADE IT BOY. GET YOUR ASS OVER THERE, WE'RE LEAVING" Chetnik yelled over the sound of the rotors

Specter looked at Ghost and said "they won't know who we are until its too later." Specter said as he looked at Stevan. "That's your nephew... I expected him to be... uhh whats the word... " Specter thought and then said "more like you... subtract the beard" Specter chuckled quietly.

(edited)

Specter looked at Ghost and said "they won't know who we are until its too later." Specter said as he looked at Stevan. "That's your nephew... I expected him to be... uhh whats the word... " Specter thought and then said "more like you... subtract the beard" Specter chuckled quietly.

"I haven't seen him practically my whole life, he lives in Moscow with his father and my sister. I just haven't been there to influence him, heh. He'll make a nice man, I'm sure of it, his father is a presidential advisor there so I'm sure he's very intelligent."

EDIT: bio posted

Edited by Chetnik

(i saw it)

"I"m sure he'll make a good soldier, maybe he'll be good enough to join ESFU someday..." Specter said. "So your taking him under your wing or something..." Specter looked at Chetnik. Specter pulled up his balaclava and covered his robotic eye and looked at  Stevan.

(i saw it)

"I"m sure he'll make a good soldier, maybe he'll be good enough to join ESFU someday..." Specter said. "So your taking him under your wing or something..." Specter looked at Chetnik. Specter pulled up his balaclava and covered his robotic eye and looked at Stevan.

"I sure hope, he joined the Army for his birthday this year, he's committed. I'll take him under my wing, but the ESFU don't cooperate with the Spetsnaz too often." Chetnik said

He turned to Viper

"So, what have you been doing for the last 6 years? How did the mech wings turn out?"

Viper hoped off the chopper to reply to Chetnik. "Me? I have been traveling the world. Don't have much family to visit anymore. These mech wings make it pretty smooth cruising around Equestria. They definitely are an upgrade from my old wings. Its good to see you Chetnik" She smiled and tiped her hat to Stevan.

"Right then, are you all done with the reunion? I would love to set sail, but if you want to sit here for another hour, I don't mind, but everypony else might. If we head toward the back of the boat, there will be less guns, unless these terrorists have a brain and they'll put all of the guns there."

"he is right, lets get moving" Specter said as he signaled for his team to get in the helicopter "You all got the email the admiral sent you right?" Specter asked. He looked at everypony and looked out the helicopter. The Pilot got in the cockpit and looked at the co-pilot who had already started the rotor.

" I will inform my superiors we are moving out, the radio frequency to communicate with our (The Russian Navy's) ships is coded, if you wish to contact them you will need to go through me. Sorry, that's just the way it is"

The radio on Sergei's shoulder emitted some light static as the officers on the other end confirmed orders. 

Chetnik:

"Well that's weird, I always thought regular wings were the smoother flyers, I haven't had any problems so far. Well, time to set off"

The pilots slowly added throttle and the two helicopters gently lifted into the air. Within a few minutes they were at sea, no land in sight.

Specter turned on his radio so the Spetnaz could hear what he was saying also

"Okay, our mission is simple, We will be fast-roping onto the deck of the ship right next to the bridge. We will need to take out all of the hostiles in the bridge then make our way to the lower decks to the cargo hold area. If any crew members surrender, you restrain them don't kill them. You kill a surrendering enemy, then you will have to answer to me! Once we're in the cargo hold we will start searching the crates. Report any weapons: missiles, guns, even a few crates of grenades or knifes. You report it back to me or Crosshair! got it."

Mirage nodded and loaded a clip into his UMP45 he then leaned back into his seat.

"Sir do we have any intel on the tech level these guys are running on, I should be able to crack there system, but if they happen to be running anything past OS-97 then its gonna take a while"

"They are just as 'advance' as any other extremist groups the ESFU has dealt with, most of their weapons are Russian and the best security they have is maybe a 6 letter password... but that's what I have been told." Specter said as he grabbed his pistol and cocked it.

@

"Never underestimate the enemy... we barely made it off the Spatz a few years ago, and it was supposed to be a routine mission. If they have substitution ciphers - that'll only take a few seconds, WEP - a few minutes, but these terrorists are mostly very computer literate so it wouldn't surprise me if they are using TripleDES or AES by now, which is almost uncrackable.

And Spectre, let me tell you something - Russian weapons are the Holy Grail of engineering, explain to me why I still use 'em if the rest are so much better? You'll never have an AK (any model) jam on you, even in dirt and dust, I am living proof. A while ago with the pro-Western government, they issued M16, they jammed. Every time. If mine didn't, my wife would still be alive today."

"They are finely made but I worry more on accuracy. Its hard to jam an AK-74 but if it really was the holy grail of weapons... I would be dead by now. I have seen weapons that would put it to shame, sadly the gun I'm thinking about isn't Equestrian or Russian, its German." Specter said as he leaned forward in his seat. "the DSR 50 Sniper Rifle"