Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

HailGlimmer

I have done hair styling on my little pony figures, what I use is warm water in the sink with some fabric conditioner in it. I get the pony place the hair in the water whilst brushing the hair through. Then after I slightly rinse the hair with just warm water.

The next thing I do is start styling the hair by wrapping it around the body or legs or just shape it the way I like and leave it so a day. You can use kitchen roll to keep hair placed while wrapped around the leg and the elastic bands to keep the hair in place.

here is some I have done =) 

post-27792-0-12433400-1404033887_thumb.jpg

post-27792-0-27674200-1404033890_thumb.jpg

post-27792-0-66850100-1404033893_thumb.jpg

post-27792-0-00822800-1404033897_thumb.jpg

post-27792-0-08972300-1404033900_thumb.jpg

post-27792-0-06671800-1404033903_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think this method turns out really cute. It's pretty much just like the video posted above, but I always make sure to use FOAM rollers - the hair dries nicer on foam rollers. I'll type out the steps for anyone who doesn't want to watch that whole youtube video.

What you'll need:

- Sink

- Shampoo (gentle, good quality)

- Conditioner (gentle, good quality)

- Small Comb or Pony/Barbie Brush

- Small Foam Rollers

1. Comb out the pony's hair until it is knot-free.

1. Go to the sink. Rinse pony's hair in warm (not HOT) water.

2. Take about a nickle-sized dollop of shampoo and work it in through the hair til the hair is lathered and bubbly.

4. Rinse shampoo out of hair.

5. Take about dollop of conditioner that's a little bit bigger than the dollop of shampoo you used. Work it though the hair. Then, take your comb and comb the pony's hair while the conditioner is still in the hair.

6. Rinse the conditioner.

7. Pat pony and hair dry with a towel, but make sure the hair remains damp.

8. Take two foam rollers. You'll use one for the mane and one for the tail.

7. For the mane, start curling your pony' hair tightly in to the foam roller, starting at the end and working up to the roots. I rolled my curl in a downward motion so that the main would curl toward the pony's face.

7. For the tail, do the same thing. Curl your pony' tail tightly in to the foam roller, starting at the end and working up to the roots.

8. Set the pony somewhere where it won't be disturbed at let it sit and dry overnight.

9. Once you've let it dry overnight, gently take out the foam curler, making sure not the stretch the curl out.

Here are my results! This works beautifully on any generation of pony :)

e7i7iu.jpg

i6lch1.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

So, I recently got my first set of brushables, and I was really excited about styling them.  I followed your tips, @Jennabun.  I just got finshed doing my Fluttershy.  And...well, this was me after trying to style her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCyzdQ8kqis#t=40s

O....m....g.  Sooooo much harder than it looks.  So frustrating.  Like, damn, man.  I made a mess of it.  I have a lot of respect for anyone who can style well.  Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow.  *Sigh*....   uuuuuggggghhhhh......

So, I got some proper rollers designed for hair curling, and gave it another go.  It went much better this time.  I didn't feel like smashing the ponies into the bathroom counter as hard as I could this time.  It was actually fun, and turned out quite nice, I think.

Here's the results.

Fluttershy

post-26336-0-70052300-1415685870_thumb.jpg

post-26336-0-60769600-1415685879_thumb.jpg

The least show accurate of the three, but she looks nice, and that's good enough for me.

Pinkie

post-26336-0-39882100-1415685928_thumb.jpg

I'm extremely happy with this one.

Rarity

post-26336-0-12541300-1415685911_thumb.jpg

post-26336-0-87240400-1415685915_thumb.jpg

This one took the most fiddling, and three separate attempts.  I'm quite happy with it this time, so I'm not going to press my luck and mess with it any further.

All Three

post-26336-0-76305200-1415685934_thumb.jpg

:D

I haven't found a good AJ, RD, or Twi yet.  It's so tought to find large, good looking, normal, show accurate ones that aren't rainbow colored with glitter and sparkly wings and superfluous cutie marks and roller skates and rocket powered boots and dresses that transform into pixies and shoulder mounted cannons that shoot nerf darts.  I'm not even exaggerating that much, that the thing!  They can give em all that crap, but apparently a hat for Applejack is too much to ask.

• 2 months later...

I usually wet the pony's hair,brush it gently,and let it dry. If you want some curls, wet it and wrap it around pencils and leave it overnight. I would use caution if you use shampoo because it may make the ponies hair feel weird ;)

First of all look at the state the pony's hair is in.

If the ponies hair is really messy then try rubbing shampoo in your ponies hair and rinsing it will lukewarm water allow it to naturally dry and then brush thoroughly when it's silky or at least doesn't look like a small mammal made a nest in it and died you will be able to style it in anyway, I suggest a side ponytail (No pun intended) or side plait and braiding the tail.

Hope dis helps :3