Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts about shippings

Lightwing

Did your thoughts about shippings changed with the time?When you entered the fandom,did you apptoved or diapproved the shippimgs?  

59 users have voted

1. 1. When you joined the fandom,did you liked to ship characters?

• Me?Of course I did!
    • Nope!Shippings didn't made sense
  2. 2. Did your opinion about shippings changed with the time?

• Yes!Now I love to ship ponies together!
    • No.I didn't liked,and I still don't like shippings
    • I've liked shippings before,so no.

The shippings have been with us since before the Internet.

Who knows how many sick bastards shipped Peach with Link before R34 existed.

I have nothing against them. They aren't worse than the Sonic shippings.

I love shipping! I can roll with multiple ships at the same time, like Appledash or Rarijack or Flutterdash, but I usually have an OTP I put a lot of energy into. Most of my ships are based on something canon-ish also (don't ususlly like it when they've never met or talked in the series -- Doctor/Derpy is my only exception to this). In the case of MLP my OTP is Rarijack. :D

Hello :3

This time,we're going to tañk about shippings.

If you stayed at least a few months on the fandom,you'll probably noticed that there's a profiterance on shipping multiple characters with each other,even if it doesn't make sense.

Well,this time,the question is:Did your thoughts about shippings changed with the time?

On my case,they changed.When I joined the fandom,I didn't liked shippings,calling them "nonsensical",but now I love to ship ponies together :3

So,what are your thoughts about the ahippings?

I don't ship A LOT but my girlfriend does it all the friggin time.

Her favorite ship is Sweetie Belle x Silver Spoon. I made the mistake of asking her why and she pulled graphs and illustrations and crap to lecture me about how opposites attract.

• Brohoof 1

I've always liked hetero ships because it goes back to the days when people always liked to say how cute a potential couple would be together. And I still do now. My personal favorite ship is rd and soarin!

Shipping creates the potential for a lot of backstories to weave together and create lots of universes. Salivating for the roleplayer like me!

I like a great amount of the popular shippings as most of them are built with some sort of backstory in mind implied by cannon. The alternative is you have a load of ponies that only have friendship (or are lonely) and have nothing more and who wants that!?

Heheh, I prefer to ship my friends more than ponies. :P One friend of mine said "If two people are friends and of opposite genders, they will get shipped by Power." (that's my nickname on another site).

As for ponies, I think shipping is cute :squee:, but I'm not super into it.

I am a shipper

I shipped before I knew my ships were ships

I hold onto my ships long after I have watched a show (back in the day I had Arthur ships, Arthur for goodness sake)

I ship the happy ships

I ship the sappy ships

I ship the ships that make me laugh and the ones that make me cry

I ship for happily ever afters and I ship where they die

Shipping breathes life and intrigue into the stories I see

So when two seem compatible I cannot let it be.

I shipped when I was young and I will ship when I am old

Cause that is how I find interest in the stories I am told.

Edited by Buck Testa

I like shipping, to a certain degree.  I don't like to pair up everyone on the show prematurely, but if I feel like a relationship between two characters would take the show to freaking crazy places, or they make perfect sense in some way, then I fully support them, no matter how unlikely.

I used to be a shipper, but it got pretty boring after a few years. -3- I still ship three ships, however. Two of them are from MLP: FiM.

As a fanfic reader/writer I get some

more picky on my ships over the years

in any thing from anime to the MLP

these days.    Its also how well they

are wrote into the story and etc for

any kind of story from well a book

to a ship!

I didn't mind shipping when I first came in and didn't do much.  Now though.... I love shipping my OC for example..so many RPs and such he gets shipped in.  I can't help it he is just to cute and apparently mares tend to fall for him. lol

Edited by Kuyon

When I first joined the fandom,I didn't really care.

But,over the time I started to love it!

And I don't just ship MLP characters. I ship everything and everyone.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do ship ponies. My favorite ships are RainbowPie and Flarity.

Even that, sometimes, like Mami Tomoe said, shipping can be really annoying and/or stupid. Yes Fluttermac, I am looking at you.

I like weird ships, don't get me wrong. But some people become so obsessed about a ship and try to convince you that is canon and... it's just... ugh.

Edited by shionshy

Shippings are what they are. They are pairings that people like and that's about it. It's like your favorite sport team or fandom. You like it for any number of reasons you could easily espouse; your home town team, their mascot, a favorite character, etc., but that doesn't meant that everyone will agree with you. There will be those that love your ship and there will be those that think it's crack. 

The beautiful thing about this fandom is that it is large enough you can find someone to enjoy your ship with. This doesn't mean you should hate on someone because their ship looks different. New perspectives may let you look at a character in a new way.

AppleDash or RariJack, CheeriMac of FlutterMac we can all live and enjoy our favorite characters in harmony.

Some people don't like shipping at all, but that doesn't make either side wrong, just different.

Acceptance despite differing perspective is the hallmark of excellent debate and community.

• Brohoof 2