Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Tools

ggg-2

(edited)

In Hearts and Hooves Day, Big Mac is seen with his toolbox and pulling out a hammer. He's seen using said hammer in MMMMystery on the friendship express. And as seen in Apple Family Reunion, Big Mac also apparently owns an ax. but what I wanna know is, how can a pony control said tools if they hold them in their mouths? A hammer can be used when held sideways. An ax on the other hoof.... is it just cartoon logic?

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

Cartoon logic. We've seen ponies hold cups with their hooves. 

^ This. If the show went by true logic, there would be special tools specifically designed to be held by hooves; perhaps even with straps to fix said tools to their hooves, so they wouldn't slip whilst working?

I don't really know how this makes sense. You'd think they would make straps or something. It looks like Lyra went back in time with human tools and said here you go. Use these.

I just don't question it. It would probably get in the way of the story if they explained how ponies could hold them, or if they explained how they made specialized tools that can be used with hooves.

Besides, if you spent your entire life carrying tools with your mouth, you'd probably get quite good at it.

(edited)

Yeah, it's cartoon logic, but you also have to remember that if certain common objects in Equestria looked different enough from our everyday tools, the audience would be thrown for a loop trying to figure out just what these objects are. So it would also be a matter of convenience from a meta perspective. After all, a door with a knob looks more familiar than one with a hoof pedal.

Edited by Wind Chaser

(edited)

The way I see it, besides it just being cartoon logic, all ponies have a small amount of magic in their hooves that allows them to hold objects that they wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Edited by Harpuia