mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Oh you guys know that I actually can withstand Avenged Sevenfold's older stuff, it's actually not that bad compared to the pile of crap album that Nightmare was, that's just in my opinion though.

Oh you guys know that I actually can withstand Avenged Sevenfold's older stuff, it's actually not that bad compared to the pile of crap album that Nightmare was, that's just in my opinion though.

Okay I forgave you earlier, but now I hate you again.

You big meanie jerk face!!!!!

No but seriously, I liked Nightmare a lot, but whatever.

Okay I forgave you earlier, but now I hate you again.

You big meanie jerk face!!!!!

No but seriously, I liked Nightmare a lot, but whatever.

Eh you have your opinions, I have mine at least Nightmare wasn't as bad as some of the tracks off of their self-titled album (Gunslinger, A Little Piece of Heaven, and Afterlife)

And besides I'm not even a fan of Shadow's vocals in the first place

(edited)

Wow you've listed bands that I like, ones that I hate, and ones that I don't even know, as for the whole 5 thing, I chose a top 5 list because I wanted to start using that instead of just going off with 100 different bands that I like, it's much more convenient to have a top 5 list, even though it takes a long while of thought it's a nice thing to have  

There's no way I could narrow my list down to just 5, it's too hard to choose between them all. tongue.png  Though I suppose I could have narrowed it down a lot more then that...

Edited by Hansel

Any of you guys ever listen to Revocation? I've been meaning to check them out for a while but kept forgetting. They're tech-death, but they have a thrashy feel as well. They shred on solos and their vocalist manages to both growl and scream while still sounding human. One of the better death bands I've heard recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_nalOrpls

Any of you guys ever listen to Revocation? I've been meaning to check them out for a while but kept forgetting. They're tech-death, but they have a thrashy feel as well. They shred on solos and their vocalist manages to both growl and scream while still sounding human. One of the better death bands I've heard recently.

Not bad, actually. I liked the vocals much more than I usually do in death metal. I also get what you mean about it having a thrashy feel. Still, death metal just isn't really my thing.

(edited)

Been gettin' real into these guys lately.  I like the vocals; he can sing melodically without sacrificing any of his intensity.

And now I'm off to sleep. 

Dude, that cover art is so badass. Well, fire and tough-ass rock makes pretty much any cover art badass.

Oh god. This gives me feels. Such meaningful lyrics. It also shows how versatile singer Robert Flynn is.

I know right? Robb Flynn is a total QT. I used to like mostly their newer stuff, though I'm finding TTAoE and The Blackening to be a lot worse than I used to. They don't seem nearly as authentic (especially The Blackening) as any of their other albums. Unto the Locust is just fine though, very versatile vocals, as you mentioned. Yeah, Robb can do quite a bit with his vocals.

Kinda sad to say that however, since TTAoE was one of my favourite albums.

Edited by Railrunner

(edited)

Been a while since I posted straight up hardcore in here.

So have some.  I've been on a serious Madball kick this last week.

Also, some CDC.

Edited by Crispy

I haven't seen any Sepultura here. Time to fix that.

What are you talking about? I've posted Sepultura on here a few time before. dry.png

In fact I'll post some right now.

I thought I was the only person who like them on here, guess I'm wrong.

Song kicks ass. The video itself is really something to behold as well. Extremely grotesque, matching the tone of the music to a T.

• Brohoof 1

Listening to Agalloch right now, so I'll leave some of their stuff here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIzoyPfPKO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ih3JVrRPE

Song kicks ass. The video itself is really something to behold as well. Extremely grotesque, matching the tone of the music to a T.

One of my favorite music videos and one of my favorite songs from my favorite Converge album

Great folk black metal band.

I think I'll just leave this mix of Black/Viking/Folk metal here. I tend to stray away from Black metal, but this band piques my interest very much so.

Taiwanese melodic black metal.  I've liked these guys for years now.  

Slayer just because they're a classic band.   They never get old.  

(edited)

I just finished listening to this Darkthrone album because I was really liking the title track off of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXxr2gasMw

It's one good Black Metal album I must say

Transilvanian Hunger is great but, you should really check out Panzerfaust. It's underrated as fuck IMO.

It may be a bit thrashier compared to their earlier stuff but, it's still really good. What is it with everyone talking smack about this album? sad.png

Edited by Neighvana666

I've mentioned that band too many times in the past. I REALLY don't like Teratogenesis. Sounds like they're taking more influence from the math/djent players. Empire of the Obscene is pretty cool.

What are you talking about? I've posted Sepultura on here a few time before. img-1332292-1-dry.png

I thought I was the only person who like them on here, guess I'm wrong.

I went on a "Arise" binge a while back. Still need to get my hands on Schizophrenia...

• Brohoof 1