mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Why the fuck can't I go on a Metallica or Megadeth video without seeing a bunch of bitching between Metallica and Megadeth fans??? It's really annoying.

Because it's YouTube, when I'm on a Converge video people are making fun of Bring Me The Horizon and then you'll get the occasional BMTH fan say "BMTH is good, Converge are shit", just ignore them really, it's the way some people are everywhere.

SINCE NOBODY CARED I'M GOING TO POST THE NEW BORN OF OSIRIS SONG AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN.

Upon more listening, it's actually not that great. The guitar work has nothing really special about it, which is one of the reasons The Discovery was so great, and the song itself is fairly repetitive. I hope that it's one of the more toned-down songs on the album, with more badassery to be seen later. The orchestra was pretty swaggin', though.

Dude, orchestra's make everything better. There was an orchestral bit at the end of that one title-track from Whitechapels 2005 album, and I loved that outro. The Somatic Defilement I think. Probably gonna like Born of Osiris' new release better, just because orchestras.

Also, FLESHGAD APORKALIPS did it.

• Brohoof 1

Why the fuck can't I go on a Metallica or Megadeth video without seeing a bunch of bitching between Metallica and Megadeth fans??? It's really annoying.

39228908.jpg

Same goes for Dubstep videos, it's just a constant fight between Dubstep fans and Skrillex fans

OT: Have some Sludge-y Stoner stuff

(edited)

Do you know what I do when I have a headache? LISTEN TO JANE DOE OF COURSE

Here's some good ol' Botch, just for variety's sake. Gotta love We Are the Romans

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 1

Gotta love We Are the Romans

Yes you do, We Are the Romans is easily one of the greatest albums out there, not saying that Botch's other stuff isn't great too, though We Are the Romans is obviously the best thing that they've put out.

Posting the encore of their final show, sucks that they had to split up.

• Brohoof 1

This song sounds so fucking amazing with enhanced bass. It's a shame you can't hear the fucking bass in the original version. This is easily one of my favorite Metallica songs.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This song sounds so fucking amazing with enhanced bass. It's a shame you can't hear the fucking bass in the original version. This is easily one of my favorite Metallica songs.

[media]

Wa-wa-wa-wa-waaaaaait just a minute, is this for rizzle? Like, are those Jason's actual bass tracks re-EQ'd and brought up in the mix, or is it just a fan re-bassing? Sounds cool either way, but I'd really love to hear what Jason actually did. He's one of my favorite bassists aside from Dave Ellefson.

Speaking of which, why the FUCK can I not find Megadeth's original version of Take No Prisoners? The remastered version sounds like ASS.

So yer gettin' the live version.

LoMenzo just can't do that bass lick as awesomely as Junior... *le sigh* </firstworldproblems>

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 1

Wa-wa-wa-wa-waaaaaait just a minute, is this for rizzle? Like, are those Jason's actual bass tracks re-EQ'd and brought up in the mix, or is it just a fan re-bassing? Sounds cool either way, but I'd really love to hear what Jason actually did. He's one of my favorite bassists aside from Dave Ellefson.

Speaking of which, why the FUCK can I not find Megadeth's original version of Take No Prisoners? The remastered version sounds like ASS.

I believe it's the actual bass track, I could be wrong though.

And I don't get why people hate the remastered Rust In Peace songs so much, but maybe that's because I have the remastered album so I'm used to it lol

I believe it's the actual bass track, I could be wrong though.

And I don't get why people hate the remastered Rust In Peace songs so much, but maybe that's because I have the remastered album so I'm used to it lol

If you hear the original and compare, it sounds better in just about every regard imaginable...vocals, drums, bass, what have you. If there was any Megadeth album that really didn't need to be remastered, it was RIP.

I don't like Metallica and neither did I like this song, but yeah the bass was good, and many other songs sounds would sound 1000x better with the bass enhanced, it's a damn shame that people lower the beautiful bass sounds in most songs, while mixing them.

So I didn't listen to much metal yesterday, but I'm chillin' out with some Atheist right now.

I don't like Metallica and neither did I like this song, but yeah the bass was good, and many other songs sounds would sound 1000x better with the bass enhanced, it's a damn shame that people lower the beautiful bass sounds in most songs, while mixing them.

I heard they muted the bass in honor of Cliff Burton, but I'm not sure.

neither did I like this song

3r95w7.jpg

(lol just kidding dude)

many other songs sounds would sound 1000x better with the bass enhanced, it's a damn shame that people lower the beautiful bass sounds in most songs, while mixing them.

Yeah, I know, right???? You can't even hear the bass in a lot of music. That's why I love the band Rush so much, you can really hear the bass and it's amazing.

Yeah, I know, right???? You can't even hear the bass in a lot of music. That's why I love the band Rush so much, you can really hear the bass and it's amazing.

Rush's bass is pretty nice sounding, and damn I still need to listen to one of their full albums, I guess I'm just being lazy

I heard they muted the bass in honor of Cliff Burton, but I'm not sure.

That sounds pretty dumb actually.

(edited)

Rush's bass is pretty nice sounding, and damn I still need to listen to one of their full albums, I guess I'm just being lazy

I very strongly recommend Hemispheres. 

A Farewell to Kings, Moving Pictures, Signals, Permanent Waves, 2112, and Fly By Night would be my other recommendations.

Edited by Champion RD92

Well yeah, it was pretty dumb. I've never heard of that muting bit, but the rest of the band never gave Jacob Newsted any hand in the songwriting or anything, and kinda made him the scrappy and lowered the gain on his bass simply because he wasn't Cliff Burton. What a dick move, no wonder he left.

• Brohoof 3

It was a bit of a middle finger towards Jason Newsted. They should remix and rerelease AJFA with more bass.

Jacob Newsted

Jacob Newsted??? LOL wut

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It is a shame. Thanks a lot, Lars Smuldich. It seems that a lot of people take bass for granted.

Anyway, despite the lack of bass, ...And Justice For All is my second favorite Metallica album

Edited by woohoo
  • Brohoof 1

It was a bit of a middle finger towards Jason Newsted. They should remix and rerelease AJFA with more bass.

Jacob Newsted??? LOL wut

Exactly. You see, the rest of the band gave Jaco- Jason so little recognition during his time, I couldn't even remember his first name.

I probably listened to Axe to Fall like 4 times today. The guitar riffs in this album is so much fun to listen to

This song is so underrated that it's not even funny

Dark Horse :3