mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Glad to have you back, Moog. yay.png  Now this thread is slightly more lively... (all we need is Dawn back...)

Recently, I've been listening to the Paul Di'anno era Iron Maiden

Glad to have you back, Moog. img-1629458-1-yay.png  Now this thread is slightly more lively... (all we need is Dawn back...)

I never left, I mean it's not like the only reason I'm here is because of Moog.

I don't listen to too much symphonic metal. The closest I come to that other than Wintersun is Ne Obliviscaris, which is a somewhat far cry from Wintersun, and much more like Opeth (@ and @@Moog, I know you both like Opeth, so if you haven't heard this, get on it). The only similarities between this and "Time I" are the epic feeling you get and the symphonic elements (which there's less of in "Portal of I," but the violin is beautiful all the same).

I wouldn't say it's exactly like Opeth but overall it's decent. I can grow on it.

Well now I'll post something very Dawn like.

Found a metal band I had not herd of before: In this Moment, great band loving some of there music and there style. I also love female singers and the one in in this moment is kinda eccentric crazy and has a great voice :)

Listened to this lots (love the song don't really dig the lyrics that much :P )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXMfdpjnAHU

Just some random band I plugged recently.

My metallic taste for things has been deadly low recently. Think I'll go blast some Tony Danza.

• Brohoof 1

Found a metal band I had not herd of before: In this Moment, great band loving some of there music and there style. I also love female singers and the one in in this moment is kinda eccentric crazy and has a great voice smile.png

Listened to this lots (love the song don't really dig the lyrics that much tongue.png )

That's pretty neat. I liked the female vocalists' harshes partway through the song, wasn't too fond of her cleans. Which brings me to another point!

Anyone have some more bands with female vocals in them? Because like, my music library is a total vocal sausage fest, which sounds way more saucy then I intended. And no, symphonic metal really wouldn't count, since that's everywhere. Like, if she can growl, that's a good sign, not all that necessary though. I think someone posted a grindcore band with a female vocalist in it, but I don't really feel like sifting through 200 pages for one band.

• Brohoof 1

That's pretty neat. I liked the female vocalists' harshes partway through the song, wasn't too fond of her cleans. Which brings me to another point!

Anyone have some more bands with female vocals in them? Because like, my music library is a total vocal sausage fest, which sounds way more saucy then I intended. And no, symphonic metal really wouldn't count, since that's everywhere. Like, if she can growl, that's a good sign, not all that necessary though. I think someone posted a grindcore band with a female vocalist in it, but I don't really feel like sifting through 200 pages for one band.

There was a post on a website about female rock singers or something let me find it:

http://loudwire.com/amy-lee-rock-goddesses/

Its how i found in this moment, just go through and check them all out and see if you like any :)

l0l look im dawn now cuz im posting cannib4l corps3 lulz

Hey don't be stealing my mojo now.

Anyway, now I'll post something more RD92-like:

I like Between the Buried and Me too you butthole.

And here's some crossover thrash, because why not?

(edited)

And here is your answer. Behold Katherine Katz.

tumblr_ls7gb8NHXc1qeip25o1_500.jpg

We all know of Anneke van Giersbergen with Devy.

anneke-and-devin.jpg

Epica uses a female vocalist for their cleans, and a male for their harshs. I really recommend these guys if you're into the whole symphonic artsy kind of metal.

EVEN THOUGH YOU SPECIFIED NO SYMPHONIC STUFF.

Simone Simons is her name.

Epica+Simone12.jpg

Metal chicks can be pretty damn attractive.

WAIT BEST ONE.

Cerebral Bore has a female vocalist who sounds exactly like your typical death metal guy. Impressive for a chick if you ask me. Apparently she left the band in 2012 after Summer Slaughter, though.

Her name's Simone Pluijmers.

tumblr_m7a2u4cJOF1r682eeo1_500.jpg

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

Epica+Simone12.jpg

DAYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I've never heard of her before but wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

She's almost just as hot as Hayley Williams, and that's saying something

Glad to have you back, Moog. img-1629458-1-yay.png  Now this thread is slightly more lively... (all we need is Dawn back...)

I WAS GONE FOR THREE DAYS seriously people, it's not like I was gone for a month.

AND ALSO HERE'S A POST THAT'S VERY MOOG-ISH

Don't you hear how Moog-y this sounds? DSBM, typical Moog posting material

I WAS GONE FOR THREE DAYS seriously people, it's not like I was gone for a month.

I bet if I left for a few days no one would even give a shit LOL

Anyway, more metal posting.

Let's get some nice Periphery in here, mmmmm yeahhhhh

And oooooh yeahhhh Megadeth

(edited)

Three days is basically a month in internet time. wacko.png

I bet if I left for a few days no one would even give a shit LOL

I doubt anyone will miss me when I'm gone for a few days.

Anyway, back to the metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXtWL0G3dmk 

And now I'm a Parasprite

Edited by woohoo
  • Brohoof 1

I'm listening to Rust In Peace again. Man, I never get tired of Holy Wars and Hangar 18, those are such ridiculously awesome songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYlUe-SDqA0

Every song on Rust In Peace is pretty great actually.

I agree. Rust in Peace is my 3rd favorite metal album of all time (After Ride the Lightning and Powerslave). I just wish someone would make a PMV of Holy Wars or Hangar 18. sleep.png

Anyway, here's Five Magics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F7gl3-bfVI

• Brohoof 1

I found out about this band a while ago and I'd say they're pretty rad based on this one track. I need to hear more to say for certain that they are indeed rad.

• Brohoof 1

And here is your answer. Behold Katherine Katz.

img-1629869-1-tumblr_ls7gb8NHXc1qeip25o1

We all know of Anneke van Giersbergen with Devy.

img-1629869-2-anneke-and-devin.jpg

Epica uses a female vocalist for their cleans, and a male for their harshs. I really recommend these guys if you're into the whole symphonic artsy kind of metal.

EVEN THOUGH YOU SPECIFIED NO SYMPHONIC STUFF.

img-1629869-3-Epica%20Simone12.jpg

Metal chicks can be pretty damn attractive.

WAIT BEST ONE.

Cerebral Bore has a female vocalist who sounds exactly like your typical death metal guy. Impressive for a chick if you ask me. Apparently she left the band in 2012 after Summer Slaughter, though.

Her name's Simone Pluijmers.

img-1629869-4-tumblr_m7a2u4cJOF1r682eeo1

Hey wait, I remember that one time when we were talking about attractive metal guys and then it got shifted to attractive metal girls. Ah, right. I wasn't too into grindcore at that time, so I didn't check those two out, but I'm pretty interested right now. Thanks bro! And yeah, that Cerebral Vore vocalist, like dude holy crap.

I found out about this band a while ago and I'd say they're pretty rad based on this one track. I need to hear more to say for certain that they are indeed rad.

Wow, that intro is honestly one of the most heavy things I've heard, like a natural, not forced kind of heavy. Whole track's awesome like that. WILL INVESTIGATE FURTHER.

• Brohoof 1

inb4 Eve by Pig Destroyer

You know what? Fuck it, since no one else had decided to post I might as well go ahead and post the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHBry4Ud9j0

HEY YOU FUCKS I'M BACK.

How was every little thing when I was gone?  Did I miss anything?

Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying my speakers and not having to walk across town to use the internet.

HEY YOU FUCKS I'M BACK.

How was every little thing when I was gone?  Did I miss anything?

Why you call me that Crispy, I'm gonna cry now. ;_;

And no you definitely didn't miss anything...the thread was dead as fuck the entire week.

And no you definitely didn't miss anything...the thread was dead as fuck the entire week.

Looks that way.  It'll pick back up, this is a good month for releases.

Leaked season four Pony intro, have that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWNHieT27lY

If you haven't checked that one out yet, do it.  Good show.

Well, I listened to Danza like I said I would. all 4 fucking Danzas, actually.

GIVE ME MUSIC TO LISTEN TO. Checking out BUTCHER BABIES like Treeboy posted.

TITAN.

• Brohoof 1

Damn I should probably finish off season 1 of Attack on Titan sometime

GIVE ME MUSIC TO LISTEN TO.

How about these guys?

Was listening to this album earlier, damn was it good

HEY YOU FUCKS I'M BACK

Oh hello there Crispy

• Brohoof 2

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM IDK

I'm pretty sure you have probably heard of everything I know :/

Um....fak...idk...I don't even know what to post right now...

fak my brain is dead...help...me..........blehhh........................

Try some Advent.

It's got some grit to the recording that I think really makes it shine.  Christian overtones, but eh, I don't much care.