mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Meshuggah count as Djent, I thought that they were just a plain Progressive Metal band. Damn, I need to start doing more Metal homework, and is Djent really even a genre I hear so much about people saying that it's just a style of Progressive Metal.

Meshuggah CREATED djent, dude. Frederick Thordendal, their guitarist at least. And djent is NOT a genre, it's a style of guitar playing usually found in more modern progressive bands.

If it was a genre, all of the bands would all sound similar. Look at the diversity between djent bands, like Periphery and Thordendal's side project, and then tell me if it's a genre. Pay attention to the guitars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BIaYwI_h8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGRHd5MTVIc

Hint hint, it's not a genre.

Meshuggah CREATED djent, dude. Frederick Thordendal, their guitarist at least. And djent is NOT a genre, it's a style of guitar playing usually found in more modern progressive bands.

If it was a genre, all of the bands would all sound similar. Look at the diversity between djent bands, like Periphery and Thordendal's side project, and then tell me if it's a genre. Pay attention to the guitars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BIaYwI_h8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGRHd5MTVIc

Hint hint, it's not a genre.

Well okay first off I didn't even know what Djent was until I had started visiting this thread so how would I know that Meshuggah's guitarist created it, and second off I wasn't too sure if it was an actual genre or if it was just a style of music since I've seen debates on it, I was doubting that Djent was an actual genre though I just wanted some clarification, so I thank you very much my good friend for the clarification.

Edited by Moog Phatty
  • Brohoof 1

Well okay first off I didn't even know what Djent was until I had started visiting this thread so how would I know that Meshuggah's guitarist created it, and second off I wasn't too sure if it was an actual genre or if it was just a style of music since I've seen debates on it, I was doubting that Djent was an actual genre though I just wanted some clarification, so I thank you very much my good friend for the clarification.

No problem, brutha. We're all here to learn about new things, amirite?

So, djent worship time. Chimp Spanner is a single guy in his basemwnt making some kickass music.

Once again, thanks to Treeboy for these guys. They have Chris Baretto. I like that man's voice.

Edited by Twiliscael

Last time someone did that I was listening to Richard D James and the Aphex Twins and everyone thought I was some weirdo 

Yet when someone listens to robot sex tapes (dubstep) everyone thinks you're normal, I remember blasting up Book Burner on my speakers that I bring to school during lunchtime a couple, heh it was kind of funny to see some people giving me weird looks at first, but then nobody gave a damn about it anymore.

Heavy stoner doom. My favorite genre at the moment. The slow riffs are pretty fucking awesome.

I think you've already listened to Boris, yes? Do that. Also, NOTHING WILL STOP YOU FROM HAVING BAD TASTE IN KEIONS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idy7TiByrA

This album sounds interesting. I might listen to it later. It has a more classic "heavy metal" sound.

Yet when someone listens to robot sex tapes (dubstep) everyone thinks you're normal, I remember blasting up Book Burner on my speakers that I bring to school during lunchtime a couple, heh it was kind of funny to see some people giving me weird looks at first, but then nobody gave a damn about it anymore.

My friend scrolled through my phone and called me emo for having Pig Destroyer. He ignored all my actual emo bands though, lol.

My friend scrolled through my phone and called me emo for having Pig Destroyer. He ignored all my actual emo bands though, lol.

Having Pig Destroyer on your phone = You're an emo.....I don't get how that works out too well. I've heard of people calling someone emo for listening to Opeth, but this is 100x way more confusing than that.

I think you've already listened to Boris, yes? 

Yep, they're a great band. They're especially good on this album.  Fucking slow as shit, but still badass.  

Slow music tiem.  Well, not super slow, but still. 

was listening to them on the school bus today praying that no one would ask me what I was listening to.  Last time someone did that I was listening to Richard D James and the Aphex Twins and everyone thought I was some weirdo img-1315916-1-sad.png

One time I got caught listening to Lolicore in grade 11. I laughed it off like it was a joke but I knew people thought I was fucked up. It even came back to haunt me at grade 12 graduation. The class reps had this whole speech where it was like "I remember the time X did/said/was Y" and they did one for everyone, the one about me was "I remember when (insertmyrealnamehere) was listening to little Japanese girls moaning and crying and tried to convince everyone it was music."

I was ready to commit seppuku right then and there I tell ya what. Now when I lsten to my ipod I keep the screen turned downwards and have better headphones that don't emit so much noise to the outsiders.

Anyways, back on-topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Nx22FMoBc

Some awesome death/grind. Also, those vocals are NOT pitch-shifted if you can believe that.

• Brohoof 1

Pffft, who can actually decide on favorite bands for more than a month?

I sure can't. Or am I all alone on that one?

I've had the same favorite bands for years...I guess that's just me. *shrugs*

Whoa whoa whoa slow the fuck down, man. Meshuggah? I think every single last one of us here likes Meshuggah to some extent. Fuckin' djent and shit, man.

I've never listened to Meshuggah, I guess I'm a faggot.

rofl @ "robot sex tapes"

I hate dubstep, personally.

Really man? Quit being so hard on yourself just because you haven't listened to a band that we have, nobody here judges anyone so there's no reason to call yourself a faggot.

rofl @ "robot sex tapes"

I hate dubstep, personally.

Eh most Dubstep sounds like crap, there's only not even a handful of producers who can make an alright dubstep track. Anyways, who even cares dubstep is one of the least interesting electronic sub-genres.

One time I got caught listening to Lolicore in grade 11. I laughed it off like it was a joke but I knew people thought I was fucked up. It even came back to haunt me at grade 12 graduation. The class reps had this whole speech where it was like "I remember the time X did/said/was Y" and they did one for everyone, the one about me was "I remember when (insertmyrealnamehere) was listening to little Japanese girls moaning and crying and tried to convince everyone it was music."

I was ready to commit seppuku right then and there I tell ya what. Now when I lsten to my ipod I keep the screen turned downwards and have better headphones that don't emit so much noise to the outsiders.

We all have those things that other people would probably look down on and call us fucked up for.

Really man? Quit being so hard on yourself just because you haven't listened to a band that we have, nobody here judges anyone so there's no reason to call yourself a faggot.

I was just poking a bit of fun at myself for being a noob, I know I'm not a faggot lol :P

Although I disagree with the "nobody judges anyone" thing.

New Havok video...

...you'd think they stop promoting the damn EP already...

I don't listen to Meshuggah, not a fan of the math metal-type genres.

@@NeverNeverland

yo NeverNeverland, which Megadeth album would you recommend? United Abominations or Endgame? I can't decide which one I should get.

I got both a long time ago, so in hindsight, you'd be better off with Endgame. The songs are slightly faster, more energetic, and engaging, while UA can go stale about midway through the album.

• Brohoof 1

I was just poking a bit of fun at myself for being a noob, I know I'm not a faggot lol tongue.png

Although I disagree with the "nobody judges anyone" thing.

I figured that, and well at least 90% of us won't judge anyone while were here.

Anyways gonna leave a Nails song, probably gonna listen to Abandon All Life sometime soon

and well at least 90% of us won't judge anyone while were here.

so lyke if i started listening 2 asking alexandria, u wuld accept me for who i am????? :D

sweet!!!! 

lol im just messin around guys, im bored :P

Eh most Dubstep sounds like crap, there's only not even a handful of producers who can make an alright dubstep track. Anyways, who even cares dubstep is one of the least interesting electronic sub-genres.

BURIAL SKREAM AFRICA HITECH RUSTIE THE LIST GOES ON

Anyway, Rorcal fucking blew my mind with its intensity and I want it to have the same effect on all of you.

Okay....now that you guys have gotten yourselves sorted out I'm gonna leave my top 5 metal/hardcore bands list as it is finally completely done!

1. Converge

2. Isis

3. Dillinger Escape Plan

4. In Flames

5. Opeth

Here's my top 5 metal/hardcore bands list:

1. Avenged Sevenfold

2. Disturbed

3. Metallica

4. Atreyu

5. Trivium

Yep, I'm definitely a noob lol XD

Anyway, Rorcal fucking blew my mind with its intensity and I want it to have the same effect on all of you.

Rorcal also blew my fucking mind as well, that was awesome

Here's my top 5 metal/hardcore bands list:

1. Avenged Sevenfold

2. Disturbed

3. Metallica

4. Atreyu

5. Trivium

Yep, I'm definitely a noob lol XD

Eh, you're just into entry-level stuff, and besides Trivium are an okay band, not a personal preference, but still not too bad at all.

This Day is going to be Perfect

The kind of day of which I've dreamed since I was small
Everypony will gather 'round
Say I look lovely in my gown
What they don't know is that I have fooled them all...

• Brohoof 1

My friend thinks I'm gay because I listen to metal. In that case, yes he's right I'm a very happy metalhead. smile.png And he's just a grumpy whateverdafuqhelistenstoprobablysomeR&Bshit fan.

Yea so here's some Immortal because Abbath is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EA_8vJO0NM

Edited by Neighvana666
  • Brohoof 1