mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Funny that you'd mention Fear Factory, I've been thinking of giving them a try since they're Industrial Metal and Thrash Metal put together. I dislike Thrash, but I do like Industrial so which is why I'm not too sure about listening to them.  

In my opinion, they're more like industrial mixed with death metal/grindcore. And why do you dislike thrash? Trash metal is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHMLpFPY_5c 

Hahahahahahaha you said trash metal XD

lol but yeah I think thrash metal is pretty awesome usually.

I should probably listen to more of it >.>

What the mother of fuck? *checks post* Well, shit then. I misspelled "thrash".

And yes you should listen to more thrash metal. May I recommend you some Kreator?

And some Sepultura too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJxjBEzogeY

In my opinion, they're more like industrial mixed with death metal/grindcore. And why do you dislike thrash? Trash metal is awesome.

I just really don't like a lot of Thrash bands out there, I've tried listening to Metallica and Megadeth 100 times, but I just can't seem to get into their music, I'll admit that Slayer are alright, and Reign In Blood is a pretty good album, but that's about it. And that Fear Factory track was pretty good.

Edited by Moog Phatty

I just really don't like a lot of Thrash bands out there, I've tried listening to Metallica and Megadeth 100 times, but I just can't seem to get into their music, I'll admit that Slayer are alright, and Reign In Blood is a pretty good album, but that's about it. And that Fear Factory track was pretty good.

Hmmm... since you kinda like Slayer, I think you should check out their album "Hell Awaits".

Yes, this is the song I based my username on.

And I might as well post some more Fear Factory while I'm here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dycm1yLMpo

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

I just really don't like a lot of Thrash bands out there

Give these dudes a shot.

The songs they put out are a lot of fun.  Definitely one of my favorites.

And then I'll just post this for old times sake.

• Brohoof 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSX86zPnUkY

Looks like it's time for some Dream Theater!

This has to be my most favorite song from the album, they way it connects to AA and alcoholism just makes the song so powerful... Both of my parents are both alcoholics, and the fact that my favorite band has songs that match with all 12 steps is just incredible!

Once again LaBrie, Petrucci, Myung, Rudees, Mangini / Portnoy have made outstanding work with DT :)

• Brohoof 1

I gonna post more Lamb of God cause this album's fucking awesome.

Not sure if I should get Sacrament or Wrath next. They both seem pretty good.

I'd recommend Wrath from my point of view, but I do like Sacrament.

The thing with Sacrament though, is that they're trying a bit too hard. There's like, a million F-bombs in it and ehh. Still pretty nice if you're angry. More along minor scales like most metal is, so it's pretty standard. Not that being standard is bad or anything.

I like Wrath a lot more though. Half a step down at drop C#, and there's more variation and voice to the guitars. Randy also does these "semi-harsh" vocals which I love to hear.

As the Palaces Burn is pretty close to Ashes of the Wake though, if you want more like that.

And this guy. That's from Wrath BTW.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I got a chance to take a look at Sodom's new album...

...the amount of average/generic in that album is making me cry. But at least its fast/thrashy...

I just really don't like a lot of Thrash bands out there, I've tried listening to Metallica and Megadeth 100 times, but I just can't seem to get into their music, I'll admit that Slayer are alright, and Reign In Blood is a pretty good album, but that's about it.

It seems you might like a little more death-thrash influences than Bay Area or Technical Thrash. Try giving Sepultura, Sodom and any death metal bands you can find - you'll be close to hitting something.

Sigh.  Chi Cheng, bassist for Deftones, passed away yesterday.  Just when he seemed like he was getting over his pneumonia too, and improving conditions on his coma.  Not how I wanted to start off my morning img-1370205-1-sad.png

Listening to Around the Fur for a majority of the day.  Deftones was a big part of me growing up.

Yeah I heard a couple days ago that happened, Around The Fur was the first metal album that I ever got into along with Lateralus by Tool, if it weren't for them then I wouldn't be a part of the metal fandom

Hey guys, I'm going to let out an embarrassing confession by saying that I've never been to a show before and that I have no idea on how to mosh. sad.png

Dude I've been in mosh pits before, all you do is push and shove while being pushed and shoved, pick someone up when they fall down near you, and raise your hands when someone is crowd surfing right to you. Simple as 1, 2, 3

It seems you might like a little more death-thrash influences than Bay Area or Technical Thrash. Try giving Sepultura, Sodom and any death metal bands you can find - you'll be close to hitting something.

Well I guess that makes sense since I love Melodeath a lot. I'll try out those bands when I feel like it.

Hey guys, I'm going to let out an embarrassing confession by saying that I've never been to a show before and that I have no idea on how to mosh. sad.png

Dude I've been in mosh pits before, all you do is push and shove while being pushed and shoved, pick someone up when they fall down near you, and raise your hands when someone is crowd surfing right to you. Simple as 1, 2, 3

Pretty much this. I'd like to put emphasis on the 'pick someone up' part because in something as physical as this at least be a bit helpful to the dude. Also, no stupid punch throwing or kicking that's done in hardcore/punk shows - its a bit too extreme in most cases and it makes you look like a dick.

• Brohoof 1

Sad to hear about Chi, much like everyone else is. All that can be said is shit happens. Here's a personal favorite of mine for commemoration and such.

And on the flip side there's this Palms thing happening in July and yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much this. I'd like to put emphasis on the 'pick someone up' part because in something as physical as this at least be a bit helpful to the dude. Also, no stupid punch throwing or kicking that's done in hardcore/punk shows - its a bit too extreme in most cases and it makes you look like a dick.

OK then, no karate in the mosh pit. ;)

Well I guess that makes sense since I love Melodeath a lot. I'll try out those bands when I feel like it.

Dude, do you like Children of Bodom? They're melodic death metal mixed with a shitoad of other things.

Really when you think of it, it's common sense to help out someone who has fallen down. As for the stupid punching and kicking, that's known as hardcore dancing, just in case you didn't know

Dude, do you like Children of Bodom? They're melodic death metal mixed with a shitoad of other things.

I've heard a lot about them being good, though I haven't even listened to any of their stuff.

Me neither ;p I'm hoping to go to the Download festival this summer... To see glorious Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Amon Amarth and some other stuff...

• Brohoof 1

Me neither ;p I'm hoping to go to the Download festival this summer... To see glorious Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Amon Amarth and some other stuff...

Damn you're going to see Rammstein? I'm jealous. But yeah as for concerts I have to miss In Flames and Opeth, since by the time I found out about them coming it was probably too late to get any good seats, and I don't know anybody who would wanna come with me to see them. Though I am getting to Rush, that's a bit of an upside, but I guess with Opeth and In Flames, there's a next time. 

I've heard a lot about them being good, though I haven't even listened to any of their stuff.

They were like the first ever metal band I really got into. I don't know what was it about them that got my attention. They also covered a Britney Spears song. It's actually pretty good and much better than the original lol.

Someone get me off of my Coheed kick again. This happens too often.

Torsofuck, for the fact that they actually don't even use words when growling,they just make pig noises.