Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Queen Chrysalis in the comics [spoilers]

Ashen Pathfinder

(edited)

Am I the only one who absolutely LOVED Chrysalis in the 'Return' arc? I loved her in the series, but seeing as her ego got in the way, I thought how she responded from that defeat was quite appropriate.

She learned from her mistakes, let her forces regather and build up their strength (at the expense of that town of cutie smooches), had a pretty clever plan, and ALMOST pulled it off in the end! She was a lot closer that time.

Not to mention her brutality as well. IIRC, didn't she pretty much sink her fangs into a small animal right in front of the CMC?

Any thoughts?

Also, while it wasn't THAT big of a deal, I was sad we didn't get to see more of AU Chrysalis.

209622__safe_comic_queen-chrysalis_idw_s

Edited by PathfinderCS
  • Brohoof 1

I did like Queen Chrysalis in the comic as well. It's quite funny how she gets annoyed by the Cutie Mark Crusaders that were held captive by her. It does make me laugh on some of those parts.

• Brohoof 1

I did like Queen Chrysalis in the comic as well. It's quite funny how she gets annoyed by the Cutie Mark Crusaders that were held captive by her. It does make me laugh on some of those parts.

I really thought the back-n-forth between Chrysalis and the CMC was VERY hilarious. It injected that little bit of humor that kept Chrysalis from going into that purely dark villain angle.

Granted that wouldn't have been a BAD thing, but it helps to keep Chrysalis in character from her appearance on the show (lack of patience plus a bit of a maniacal ego).

For me the CMC were the highlight of the earlier Chrysalis moments, and the comics Chrysalis was definitely dark.

img-2805224-1-IDW_Comic_Kitten_CMC_Queen

Yep, she is evil, and hardly sympathetic in the comic. I did like (for the most part) how they portrayed her. I think that the team was still trying to figure out a balance between what naturally works in this medium and what works on the show ... basically growing pains. The next adventure arcs for all their issues, showed marked improvement in pacing and pop culture restraint.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Yah know, I LOVED the Reflections arc, but if there was one thing I was disappointed to not see it was the good & sweet Chrysalis.

Maybe in the future, but at least some fans haven't forgotten her, as this cover to a fancomic shows.

of_kings_and_changelings___cover_by_gray

• Brohoof 1