Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TV show talks about MLP: FiM and Bronies

Odyssey

(edited)

So, a year ago, a TV show called Friday Feed got in their way to talk about bronies. When someone I know told me about it, I thought it would be nice to record the topic, upload it and show it to others. I personally find it lovely to see an article about what's great about being a brony instead of what's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr_mgPoVjdA

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts. :3

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 3

As television stories about bronies go it's definitely one of the better ones.  The only thing that bothers me about it is why do they always feel the need to find some video clip of bronies doing something weird and play it over and over again.  I get it, bronies passing a plush in a circle and playing catch with it is weird, but do you need to play the clip for half of the segment?

But, like I said it's a pretty fair story about bronies, so I'm pleased.  Thanks for posting it I haven't heard of this before :D

It is not an attack piece which is a step up from a lot of similar reports on bronies but the problem I have with it is a lot of the bronies interviewed talk about this almost like it is a religion or a social movement which is clearly not. One of them comparing it to the struggles of minorities and religious groups dosen't sit well with me, I know he meant no disrespect and yes bronies get a lot of hate but there are so many ways that point could have been made much better.  And yes I am all for giving the finger to arbitrary social conventions which is pretty much what the brony fnadom in general does but still.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When I first read the title of the topic, a sence of dread filled my body. Oh god. Another Fox News rant about us corrupting children.

But I was surprised. A very fair representation. Not biased at all. Good to see a sence of equality in our media, especially regarding our very sensative subject.

But... God did that video make us look wierd. Standing in a circle? Singing MLP songs? Damn, Even I was creeped out by them. Geez.

Edited by WunderWaffen

The one thing he said about his tattoo, it made me think. We're part of a movement, we're changing the world. And that to him was a souvenier for when watching MLP is just a casual thing, to think back and see how if it weren't for him and I and so many others, it wouldn't be possible for such a thing to be normal.

As television stories about bronies go it's definitely one of the better ones.  The only thing that bothers me about it is why do they always feel the need to find some video clip of bronies doing something weird and play it over and over again.  I get it, bronies passing a plush in a circle and playing catch with it is weird, but do you need to play the clip for half of the segment?

But, like I said it's a pretty fair story about bronies, so I'm pleased.  Thanks for posting it I haven't heard of this before :D

If they don't do that, we look normal. Sadly, that is probably the main reason why. Normal people liking a normal thing doesn't focus interest. Wierd conterversial stuff does. To them, we can't look like normal people, or they won't get views.

Is it me or have I actually started seeing a lot more references as of late, just very subtle MLP references here and there, But awesome, it's nice to see that we are making a bit of a mark. :)

i think its a nice take on the fandom.

as said above,id they would just show us regular members doing regular things,it wouldnt be interesting for the audience

i am just glad that they didnt make us look like weirdo-kids or social outcasts like "fox news" demonstrated so amazingly.

There is no way any television show or program or video on the internet is going to do justice to the fandom. They will always find something to make the unconventional fans look bad or creepy or weird in the minds of others. This needs to stop.