Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Petition to ban Kendall Jones From Hunting in Africa

Sir Wulfington

They might give a damn regardless. I'm doubtful, I've been doubtful since I first saw the petition, but I belief there's at least a faint glimmer of hope this will put an end to her hunting.

You don't know that for certain.

I'm going to cut the chase and link to this Tumblr post that gives the run-down on why people are over-reacting, since it's already there and saves me typing:

http://naturepunk.tumblr.com/post/90692998600/hey-what-do-you-know-about-this-kendall-jones-girl

• Brohoof 2

@, Yes, but I've already countered that argument. There's a reason why you have to get special permits to hunt them, and I believe there is a limit to the number of permits they hand out every year. Besides, I was unsure about saying lion for the same reason or I would have used that.

Perhaps a gazelle is a better option? I'll edit real quick.

Well, in regards to rhinoceros, they're quickly becoming more and more endangered whereas a deer or a turkey, well, isn't.

See my above post, that Rhino wasn't dead.

It was an animal they tranquilized to put a tracking collar on. 

I've heard about this. I don't understand how this high school girl is any worse than any other hunter, aside from the fact that she posts about hunting on Facebook. If she were to quit hunting, that wouldn't make any kind of dent worth mentioning on the amount of animal deaths due to hunting. She was clearly taught to hunt by her dad. She can't take all the blame. I understand being concerned about endangered species and all, but even if some petition could magically succeed in banning her, the problem wouldn't be solved at all, and I think there are far more pressing issues than a high school girl who enjoys hunting for sport.

• Brohoof 1

I have never understood the objection to hunting.  I don't hunt myself, I like having my meat "pre-killed" as it were.  But I have never understood why acquiring the meat yourself is any worse than outsourcing that job to the agricultural industry.  What is the difference between walking into an Outback steakhouse and ordering the baby back ribs versus going out into the woods, shooting a boar, skinning it, dressing it and eating it?  A living animal dies either way.  

I tend to hold a lot of respect for hunters.  They are going out a working their ass off to acquire food while I am sitting around on my rear end reading a book and sipping sangrias while I pay some poor overworked college student to get my meat for me.  Sure the hunters also enjoy the challenge, but you should enjoy both your careers and your hobbies.  I don't see any wrongdoing here.

• Brohoof 2

Im only going to say this once guys, so please listen up. Keep this thread civil or its going to be locked. This isn't a debate on the morality of hunting, its a thread presenting a petition. You can choose to comment on the petition itself, sign or don't sign, but if you want to debate the morality of hunting, please take this to the debate pit.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Is there an actual debate pit, because I haven't found one anywhere on this website?

It's actually it's own sub-forum within the General Discussion forum. It's right at the top when you open it. 

Im only going to say this once guys, so please listen up. Keep this thread civil or its going to be locked. This isn't a debate on the morality of hunting, its a thread presenting a petition. You can choose to comment on the petition itself, sign or don't sign, but if you want to debate the morality of hunting, please take this to the debate pit.

Then might I recommend just moving this to the debate so it can be discussed? We don't want to create an echo chamber. 

Edited by Shoboni

Odd, the debate pit is not appearing in my browser at all.  There is nothing between the "Planning to buy something from Amazon" entry and the page navigation bar.  The subforums list just isn't there.

Check your settings, you may have hid it by mistake, in the mean time maybe you can just bookmark it:

http://mlpforums.com/forum/98-debate-pit/ 

(edited)

I'm going to cut the chase and link to this Tumblr post that gives the run-down on why people are over-reacting, since it's already there and saves me typing:

http://naturepunk.tumblr.com/post/90692998600/hey-what-do-you-know-about-this-kendall-jones-girl

Well, if that's true, she should've just said that in the first place, and and she probably would've avoided much flak. Ugg, I need to go think about this some more, I think you're probably right tho.....I stand by, regardless, that legality has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not this is morally acceptable.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

(edited)
Check your settings, you may have hid it by mistake, in the mean time maybe you can just bookmark it:  

I found the problem.  I don't have permission to enter because I haven't posted enough on these forums.  The debate pit must not appear until then.  Kind of odd, as I do have enough post to post in the Life Advice forum, which has a post containing suicide hotline information stickied at the top.   You would think that would be a more sensitive forum than one based on people pissing in the wind over politics.

Thanks for all the help though.

Edited by Twilight Dirac
  • Brohoof 1

Well, if that's true, she should've just said that in the first place, and and she probably would've avoided much flak. Ugg, I need to go think about this some more, I think you're probably right tho.....I stand by, regardless, that legality has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not this is morally acceptable.

It's not as black and white as everyone is painting. The Tumblr SJWs got a hold of it and started painting her as some white-devil going on the war-path. 

• Brohoof 1

I found the problem.  I don't have permission to enter because I haven't posted enough on these forums.  The debate pit must not appear until then.  Kind of odd, as I do have enough post to post in the Life Advice forum, which has a post containing suicide hotline information stickied at the top.   You would think that would be a more sensitive forum than one based on people pissing in the wind over politics.

Thanks for all the help though.

You can just make a suicide post anywhere and it will be locked and the mods send you the list regardless

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/why-kendall-jones-and-safari-hunters-are-wrong

HMMM. Yeah.....now I'm back to doubting Kendal's argument again. Not that I'd expect a rich person to be doing anything out the kindness of their hearts, anyway. So doesn't surprise me. That and her want to make a television show out of it smelled like a potential want to make more money, so yeah.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

HMMM. Yeah.....now I'm back to doubting Kendal's argument again. Not that I'd expect a rich person to be doing anything out the kindness of their hearts, anyway. So doesn't surprise me. That and her want to make a television show out of it smelled like a potential want to make more money, so yeah.

I find that insanely rude. Stop marginalizing the upper class just because they have access to more profit. Many upper class people donate much more money than those who are in the lower class so please don't get that started.  >_>

I would argue that about abortion, but many people think morality is merely a block in the road.

I don't get what people have against hunting. If you think eating vegetables is more humane, they have already proven that plants feel pain as well. Also, meat is a needed resource. I don't get why people are so against hunting. I am against OVER-hunting a particular species, but hunting in general I am for. I am actually going to go hunting once I get the time to and have it as a hobby. I do fishing as well.  :D

• Brohoof 2

Why is this getting so much attention,a lot of people hunt and you don't make petitions to ban them. 

But a lot of people don't hunt threatened animals. 

(edited)

I find that insanely rude. Stop marginalizing the upper class just because they have access to more profit. Many upper class people donate much more money than those who are in the lower class so please don't get that started.  >_>

I'm glad you find it rude because that was exactly my intent. I don't hate the rich for their money, I hate the rich for what they do with said money, because it speaks volumes for the kind of people that they are, but that's irrelevant to this discussion.

I would argue that about abortion, but many people think morality is merely a block in the road.

I don't get what people have against hunting. If you think eating vegetables is more humane, they have already proven that plants feel pain as well. Also, meat is a needed resource. I don't get why people are so against hunting. I am against OVER-hunting a particular species, but hunting in general I am for. I am actually going to go hunting once I get the time to and have it as a hobby. I do fishing as well.  :D

Why is this getting so much attention,a lot of people hunt and you don't make petitions to ban them. 

If the animal doesn't need to be killed for any moral reason, than don't do it, or you're an amoral prick. End of story.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

(edited)

I'm glad you find it rude because that was exactly my intent. I don't hate the rich for their money, I hate the rich for what they do with said money, because it speaks volumes for the kind of people that they are, but that's irrelevant to this discussion.

:huh: If you are intentionally being rude then you will have problems at the forum for we don't support rude behaviour(at least not that I know of). Not all "rich" people are what is stereo typically portrayed. I have had problems in the past with companies taking advantage of others(stole my idea *cough*), but I don't see all rich people do this.

If the animal doesn't need to be killed for any moral reason, than don't do it, or you're an amoral prick. End of story.

:unsure: You are beginning to scare me with your name calling.

Edited by BronyPony